ELMONT, N.Y. - The promising 2-year-old colt Not Macho Any More suffered a fractured sesamoid in his left foreleg earlier this week, forcing him to miss Saturday's Grade 1 Champagne Stakes and putting his racing future in doubt, trainer Rick Violette said Thursday.\nNot Macho Any More, a son of Macho Uno, won his debut at Belmont impressively here in July and finished second in the Grade 3 Sapling at Monmouth Park on Sept. 5.\nNot Macho Any More breezed six furlongs in 1:14.40 at Aqueduct on Oct. 2 and the injury was detected a few days later, according to Violette.\n"The X-rays are out to the various experts to see what can and can't be done," Violette said. "Certainly in the near-term, we're out of commission. Hopefully, we'll still have a racehorse on the other side of it. Sesamoids are very tricky and not necessarily always the most responsive to surgery or rehab. He doesn't know anything's wrong, he's standing in his stall very comfortably."\nNot Macho Any More's injury is another blow to what had been a promising year with 2-year-olds for Violette and owner Seth Klarman. Bulls and Bears, a good-looking maiden winner who was beaten 1 1/4 lengths in the Grade 2 Sanford, has been sidelined by an illness that forced him to miss stakes races at Saratoga and Belmont. Violette said Bulls and Bears would likely not run again until his 3-year-old season.\n"He's a real horse that still has a whole future in front of him," Violette said. "No question, it's the tough part of the business. You're on top of the hill one minute and tumbling down the next. You just got to pick yourself up, dust yourself up and move on."\nThe 2-year-old filly Worstcasescenario, who was eased as the favorite in the Grade 2 Matron here last month, is back training and will likely make her next start in the $400,000 My Dear Girl Stakes, part of Calder's Florida Stallion Stakes series on Oct. 17.\nIEAH buys Salve Germania\nSalve Germania, the Irish-bred filly who tripped up the Grade 2 Ballston Spa at odds of 24-1 on Aug. 29, has been purchased privately by IEAH Stables and will make her next start in the $1 million E.P. Taylor at Woodbine on Oct. 17, said Michael Iavarone, the co-president of IEAH.\nGerman-based owner Manfred Hellwig had left the filly in North America with trainer Todd Pletcher. Iavarone said Pletcher will keep the 4-year-old filly.\nIavarone said his group bought the horse based on her pedigree - Salve Germania is a daughter of multiple Group 1 winner Peintre Celebre - and her North American debut in which she acted up significantly before the race yet still displayed an amazing turn of foot to win by a head.\n"Her first time in America, she was completely out of her mind and she still won," Iavarone said. "If she settles down, she could be a superstar. I'm a big fan."\nSummer Bird back to the track\nLeading 3-year-old Summer Bird returned to the track Thursday for the first time since his victory in last Saturday's Jockey Club Gold Cup, jogging once around the Belmont Park main track. Summer Bird was so fresh, that it was all trainer Tim Ice could do to not have the horse gallop.\n"Watching him jog off, he should have went back yesterday," Ice said Thursday morning. "He's got a little bit of a trip ahead of him, so I wanted to give him an extra day. Honestly, I just feel like this colt is getting better. He was a handful just walking around the barn. I'm glad he's peaking at this time of the year."\nSummer Bird was to begin galloping Friday and will leave here Monday for Southern California to begin preparing for the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic on Nov. 7.\n* Regal Ransom, the Super Derby winner, worked five furlongs in 59.24 seconds Thursday morning at Belmont Park. There are no confirmed plans yet for the 3-year-old. Meanwhile, his stablemate Vineyard Haven, last year's Hopeful and Champagne winner, worked the same distance in 59.33 in preparation for the Grade 1 Frank J. DeFrancis Memorial Dash at Laurel Park on Oct. 24.