ETOBICOKE, Ontario - Trainer Brian Lynch has returned to Woodbine in a new role.\nAfter being the exclusive trainer for Stronach Stable here for the past three years, Lynch will continue to be a member of Team Stronach but also will be taking on outside clients.\nLynch learned recently that his numbers would be cut back and he would now be one of three Stronach ontrack trainers here along with Roger Attfield and Reade Baker.\n"I'll still have 20 Stronach horses, 15 here and 5 at the farm," said Lynch, 45, who moved here in 2005 to serve as an assistant to Bobby Frankel but wound up running the show while Frankel was occupied elsewhere.\n"I'm in the process of trying to fill up the rest of my stalls, with outside clients."\nLynch returned recently from Gulfstream Park, where his 42 Stronach Stable starters he compiled a record of 8-4-9 for earnings of $302,130.\n"We had a solid meet," said Lynch. "It was tough to win races there, but we held our own."\nRun All Day, a Kentucky-bred 3-year-old filly who won her maiden for Lynch at Gulfstream, will be his first starter of the Woodbine meeting when she runs Friday in a first-level allowance race for fillies and mares.\n"I think she's a quality filly," said Lynch, who saddled Run All Day for a pair of second-place finishes in her other Gulfstream outings.\nBahia Girl, winner of back-to-back turf allowance races in her last two starts at Gulfstream, also will remain in Lynch's shed row.\n"She's turned into a decent little filly," said Lynch, who last year sent out 30 winners from 106 starters here for earnings of more than $2.1 million and won the Woodbine Oaks with eventual Canadian 3-year-old filly champion Ginger Brew.\nAllowance could produce Plate prospects\nA restricted first-level allowance at seven furlongs will be run as the second race here Friday and six of the seven entrants remain eligible for the June 21 Queen's Plate.\nThe exception is My Bad, who is coming off a distant second-place finish behind El Brujo in the six-furlong Achievement for Ontario-foaled 3-year-olds here April 11.\nMy Bad also had been nominated to the $150,000 Queenston, a seven-furlong race for Ontario-foaled 3-year-olds here Saturday, but his connections opted for Friday's less demanding spot.\n"I want to see where we're at," said Martha Gonzalez, wife and assistant to My Bad's trainer, Nick Gonzalez. "I think he's going to have distance limitations."\nMeanwhile, the Queen's Plate nominees who should attract the most support in Friday's race are Collerosa, Costalivin, and Flip for the Coin.\nCostalivin and Collerosa also were nominated to the Queenston.\nCollerosa won his maiden in a restricted five-furlong sprint when making his seasonal bow for trainer Mike DePaulo here April 12.\nCostalivin, who graduated when trying two turns for the first time here in his eighth start last Nov. 30, has been training smartly for John Ross.\nFlip for the Coin, trained by Vito Armata, also will be making his first start of the year after winning his maiden around two turns and finishing a close fourth in the 1 1/16-mile Kingarvie in his final two outings at 2.\nFriday's race also could prove critical as May 1 is the final nomination deadline for the $1 million Queen's Plate, a 1 1/4-mile race for Canadian-bred 3-year-olds. A $1,500 payment is due for current nominees and horses can be supplemented at a cost of $5,000.\nAn entry-day supplementary fee of $25,000 also is available.\nEl Brujo looks formidable in Queenston\nEl Brujo, an 8 3/4-length winner of the Achievement when making his first start at 3 for trainer Malcolm Pierce, will be the odds-on choice in a field of seven for the Queenston.\nBucephalus, an encouraging third when also making his 2009 debut in the Achievement, should be ready to take a step forward for trainer Kevin Attard.\nActive Duty, winner of last fall's 1 1/8-mile Coronation Futurity, disappointed in his last appearance at Santa Anita for trainer Mark Casse and is shortening up after being entered in a 1 1/16-mile first-level allowance on Saturday which failed to fill.\nRestricted stakes winners Parabola and Shut It Down will be making their first appearances of the year, and Keino West will be looking to improve on a tepid opener.\nRounding out the field will be Me the Sea and G T, the only Queenston entrant who currently is not Queen's Plate eligible.\nNo explanation for Kabel's absence\nWhere's Kabel?\nThat same question was being asked last spring, as jockey Todd Kabel battled weight problems and was missing for the first part of the meeting. He returned in June for six weeks before going back to the sidelines for the rest of the season.\nThis year, Kabel was back with a confident attitude but he was off his mounts last Friday through Sunday and had no calls this week.\nAs of Wednesday afternoon, Kabel had not returned a phone call.\nHis agent, John Calleja, was not accepting any mounts for his rider and did not want to comment on the situation, and the Woodbine race office had not been officially informed of any reason for the jockey's absence.\nRussell Fernandes, assistant manager, racing operations, for the Ontario Racing Commission, would not say whether Kabel was suspended, let alone offer any reason why that might be the case.\n"Due to our policy on privacy and confidentiality, the ORC is not permitted to confirm or deny or comment on any aspect of the matter," said Fernandes.\nAdvance wagering on Kentucky Derby card\nWoodbine will offer advance wagering on Saturday's card at Churchill Downs, with most pools available beginning at 3 p.m. Friday.\nWagering on Saturday's pick threes, pick four, and pick six will not open until Friday's Churchill Downs card is concluded.\nThe Kentucky Oaks-Kentucky Derby double will be available in Canada but the new Oaks-Woodford Reserve-Derby pick three wager will not be offered.\nWith both the Friday and Saturday Churchill cards starting at 10:30 a.m., the mutuels will open at 10 a.m. at all Woodbine Entertainment Group locations.