I Want Revenge, the morning-line favorite for the Kentucky Derby who was scratched on the morning of that race because of an ankle injury, has resumed light training at a farm in Kentucky, co-owner David Lanzman said over the weekend.\nLanzman emphasized that I Want Revenge is only jogging and that he is far from a return to racetrack training or a race.\n"We're taking things really slowly," Lanzman said. "Every day that he goes to the track I get an e-mail. He's just jogging."\nI Want Revenge rose to prominence earlier this year with a win in the Wood Memorial Stakes at Aqueduct in April. Trained by Jeff Mullins, I Want Revenge was considered the leading contender for the Kentucky Derby when the injury was detected.\nI Want Revenge has won 3 of 8 starts and $816,000. He won the Grade 3 Gotham Stakes at Aqueduct last March.\nMake Music for Me getting a break\nThe late run that helped Make Music for Me finish third in Saturday's Grade 1 CashCall Futurity at Hollywood Park will dictate how he is campaigned in early 2010.\nStill a maiden after six starts, Make Music for Me earned $100,000 of the CashCall Futurity's $750,000 purse for the third-place finish, increasing his earnings in graded stakes to $215,000. Eligibility for the Kentucky Derby is determined by earnings in graded stakes, and Make Music for Me is likely to be assured a spot with what he has earned.\nAs a result, trainer Alexis Barba plans to give Make Music for Me a break in January.\n"He's getting time off for now," Barba said after the CashCall Futurity. "He'll get four or five weeks off and stay in the barn."\nOwned by Peter and Ellen Johnson, Make Music for Me has run in four stakes, finishing second to CashCall Futurity winner Lookin at Lucky in the Best Pal Stakes and Del Mar Futurity during the summer. After a fourth-place finish in the Grade 1 Breeders' Futurity at Keeneland in October, Make Music for Me was sixth in a maiden race at Hollywood Park in November. In that race, he was stuck in traffic in early stretch and was beaten 4 3/4 lengths.\n"Forget about breaking his maiden, that didn't work," Barba said with a laugh.\nIn the CashCall Futurity, Make Music for Me was last of seven for the first six furlongs, chasing a slow pace. He made steady progress through the stretch and was beaten 1 1/4 lengths by Lookin at Lucky.\n"He's tough," Barba said. "He's an eager boy."\nBarba did not state which races Make Music for Me would try in early 2010, but the stakes at Santa Anita will be considered. So will a maiden race.\nSmart Bid likely for Malibu\nSmart Bid, winner of the $100,000 Damascus Stakes on the undercard of the Breeders' Cup Saturday last month, is likely to start in the $300,000 Malibu Stakes on Saturday, trainer Graham Motion said over the weekend.\nSmart Bid also was nominated for Saturday's $100,000 Sir Beaufort Stakes over a mile on turf, but the Grade 1 Malibu is over the same seven-furlong course and distance on the main track as the Damascus.\n"I'm a little on the fence still," Motion said. "There is a good shot we'll run in the Malibu."\nSaturday's program is the opening day of the Santa Anita winter-spring meeting.\nOwned by Augustin Stable, Smart Bid has won 3 of 7 starts and $168,918. He missed nearly seven months of racing from April to early November after suffering an ankle injury when second in the Transylvania Stakes at Keeneland.\nMotion has nine horses in California, including Saucey Evening, a 3-year-old filly who is being pointed to the $300,000 Sunshine Millions Filly and Mare Turf at Santa Anita on Jan. 30.\nOpen allowance next for Red Sun\nThe temptation to start Red Sun in a stakes will have to wait until later this winter for owner John Harris and trainer Carla Gaines.\nHis sharp win in an optional claimer for statebreds at Hollywood Park last Friday will lead to a start in an allowance race against open company at the upcoming Santa Anita meeting and not a trip to Florida for the Sunshine Millions Turf in late January.\n"I don't think Mr. Harris is too excited to shipping to Florida," Gaines said. "You're facing some good older, experienced horses - Presious Passion and horses like that."\nBred by Harris, Red Sun won Friday's race by four lengths after dueling with Aquickstring through the first six furlongs. Aquicksting faded to finish last. Red Sun was timed in 1:35.19.\n"He galloped out very strong," Gaines said. "He'd been training lights out."\nRed Sun ran once last winter, finishing second in a maiden race on the main track, but did not start against until November, winning a maiden race on the hillside turf course at Santa Anita.\n"He always showed a lot of promise as a 2-year-old and acted like he wanted to run long," Gaines said. "In his first race, he was unlucky not to win. He came out of the race with a little bit of a soundness issue. We decided to let him grow up and turned him out."\nPronske named to TOC board\nKeith Pronske, a Northern California owner-breeder has been appointed to the board of directors of the Thoroughbred Owner of California, replacing Tom Bachman who resigned.\nAccording to a statement from the TOC, Bachman resigned to pursue other business interests after a 13-year involvement with the state's official representative for Thoroughbred owners.\nPronske, who has been active in Thoroughbred racing since 1997, owns a horse farm in Wilton, Calif, and has 21 horses - breeding and racing stock. Pronske is president and chief executive of Clean Energy Systems.