ARCADIA, Calif. - Final Boss, winner of the Grade 2 Frank Kilroe Mile on turf at Santa Anita in March, has been retired after a recent injury diagnosis, trainer John Sadler said on Sunday. Sadler said that stallion plans for Final Boss are ongoing. “We don’t have anything for him” finalized, Sadler said. Final Boss had three workouts at Santa Anita in April before the injury was detected. After the win in the Kilroe, Final Boss was considered a candidate for the Grade 1 Shoemaker Mile at Santa Anita on May 25. Final Boss won the most prestigious race of his career in the $201,500 Kilroe Mile on March 7, winning by a half-length at 31-1. A 5-year-old by American Pharoah, Final Boss won 6 of 15 starts and earned $378,700. Owned by Michael Talla and the West Point Thoroughbreds partnership, Final Boss won the Cinema Stakes for 3-year-olds at 1 1/8 miles on turf at Santa Anita in June 2024. In six starts last year, Final Boss won two allowance races. The Kilroe Mile was Final Boss’s only start this year. :: Want to learn more about handicapping and wagering? Check out DRF's Handicapping 101 and Wagering 101 pages.