For California Residents
Cookie Disclosure Policy | Web Site Subscriber Agreement
Effective: January 1, 2020
California Shine the Light
California’s “Shine The Light” law permits California residents to annually request and obtain information free of charge about what personal information is disclosed to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights.
Right of Access. You have the right to access your personal information maintained by us. Upon receipt of a verifiable request to access personal information, we will disclose and deliver, free of charge, the personal information requested.
Please note that we are not required to provide personal information to you more than twice in a 12-month period.
Right of Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any personal information about you which we have collected from you. Upon receipt of a verifiable request for deletion, we will delete your personal information from our records and direct any service providers to delete your personal information from our records, within 45 days.
We will comply with your request to delete personal information unless it is necessary for us to maintain your personal information in order to:
- Complete a transaction, provide requested-for goods/services, and/or perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents;
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Enable our internal uses that are aligned with your expectations and your relationship with us.
Submission of Requests for Information. We have designated the following methods for California residents to submit requests for information:
- By using your password-protected account and going to the Member Update page;
- By submitting a request via firstname.lastname@example.org;
- By calling 1-(800) 306-FORM (3676)
Verification. After you submit a request, we will promptly take steps to determine whether your request is a verifiable request. We will verify that you are who you say you are by:
- Having you log-in through your password-protected account; or.
- Having you provide unique information relating to a recent transaction or order.
We will disclose and deliver the required information to you free of charge within 45 days of receiving your verifiable request. If necessary, we will extend the time period to provide the required information once by an additional 45 days, and will provide you with notice of the extension within the first 45-day period. The disclosure shall cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of the verifiable request.
As noted below, we do not knowingly collect information from or about children, including children aged 18 and under. We do not sell information of minors under 18 years of age.
Authorized Agent. You have the right to designate an authorized agent to submit an access or deletion request on your behalf. If you use an authorized agent to submit such a request, we will require that you:
- Provide the authorized agent written permission to act on your behalf; and
- Verify your own identity with us before we can honor the request.
No Sale of Personal Information. We have not sold personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the last 12 months. We do not intend to sell personal information to third parties.
No Discrimination. We will not discriminate against a California resident because the California resident exercised any of the rights described here.