- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Woodbine: Friday 10/5 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Best Bet: MERRY MAIDEN (8th) Spot Play: ROCK ANN ROLLING (7th)
(5) STRIKE AN ATTITUDE was my top pick last week, but went a first-over trip to finish fourth. If she gets a cleaner trip, I feel she’s a top contender and could likely surpass $1 million in earnings. (3) RADAR CONTACT hasn’t raced since Sept. 22, but has enough class to be competitive at this level. She might even be the post time favorite. (7) ILUVMYLIFE is at a level where she can be very competitive. She has the outside post seven, but has gate speed and can overcome the disadvantage.
(7) ERICSKARRI made his return a winning one when he was jammed into the bottom claimer. He returns to the same level and with his back-class should be the post time favorite. (8) PARTYATYOURPLACE has terrific gate speed with a winning trainer-driver combination. You may get value on him. (3) MORK N LINDY made the move to the big track after his win at Georgian Downs. He’s got a solid 2012 record and begins from a good post.
(7) ADDISON BAY posted a wicked final quarter last week, but was too far back. She can only benefit from the shorter field from this outside post. (6) PLAY AT WYNN is fresh off a victory and is put in a class where she can win. She can race on/near the pace or from behind. (4) EXQUISITE ALBERTA moved up in class last week and was unsuccessful. She’s now back at a class where she is competitive.
(5) BOOTS N BOURBON raced very well last week from post 10. This horse finally draws inside and has been racing better with every start. (2) POINTSMAN is winless from nine starts this season but shows ability. He has the talent and speed to win at this class. (1) NICKLE BAG showed an impressive final quarter in his qualifying effort. He hasn’t raced since Sept. 14, which could be his downfall.
(7) PL FANTASTIC is a horse that has been very consistent as of late. His latest time of 1:54 4/5 leads me to believe that he’s the horse to beat. (1) THE GOLDEN CHILD has posted impressive stats this year and has proven to be very competitive at this level. He’s got post one to work with and has terrific gate speed. I hope he’s in the mix early. (5) HERES THE MAGIC has been knocking on the door in his last four starts. He shouldn’t be overlooked in your exactor/triactor wagers.
(7) ROCK ANN ROLLING might be a longshot play. This horse has gone some rough trips as of late. He’s had a successful 2012 campaign and is due for a win. (10) MCTAYLOR will likely be a part of many handicappers selections. He’s on mine because of the trainer change. Moreau has a great reputation with first-time starters. (4) DREAMFAIR WOK WOK raced terrific last week with a :27 final quarter. He’s been getting better with every start since the claim three weeks ago.
(3) PROFESSORSDAPAPERS has proven to be competitive in a $10,000 claiming event, but he’s now up in class. He’s very versatile and you might get a little value given class rise. I like his chances. (8) DOIN TIME TOGETHER tends to be very inconsistent, but has been racing better at this class. He usually offers low odds and enjoys being near the front. That never hurts at Woodbine. (6) LIBERTYS BEST STAR is making the move to Woodbine after racing very well at Georgian. He’s a contender in here.
(8) MERRY MAIDEN has posted three straight wins and proved last week that she can handle the jump in class. She can race on/near the front or behind and appears to have really found her best stride late in the season. (4) CHARMING DREAM has been timed in 1:53 2/5 and 1:54 4/5 in Lexington, Kentucky. Any type of performance like that and he should be in the winner’s circle. (1) SOUTHWIND CORNELL was very impressive last week at Mohawk and did it on the front-end. He offered value last week, but likely won’t this week; up in class.
(2) BOUND TO ROCK in winless this season from six starts, but will remain my top selection after last week’s effort. She went a very tough trip to finish second from post 10. If she gets a clean trip, I think she’s very competitive at this level. (4) CLASSY LANE ROSE looks like she’s getting betting late in the year; continues to surprise me. (8) HAT TRICK HONEY came out of nowhere last week to win, offering terrific odds. Maybe she’s finding her best stride at this time of the year.
(3) OLE MISS has a terrific win record this season, but has tailed off in her last two starts. She has earned the most money in the field this season. (1) THATLL BE FRANNY was my top selection last week but flattened out late in the stretch. She’ll have to show a better final quarter than :29 2/5 to seal the deal. (4) RED SHADOW has been drawing terrific post positions and it continues with a post four start in here. She loves to come from behind, so hopefully they go quick speed on the front-end.
(1) DAY TO PONDER was flying late last week to finish second. Had the race gone another 20 feet, she’s the winner. Based on that effort, she’s my top selection. (8) CATCH A DRAGON posted a solid victory at Rideau Carleton where the track was off by four seconds. She has won at a much higher level on this circuit before. (4) CAVIART SARAH is getting major class relief and should benefit from it. Vanderkemp has had a terrific season in Canada.
(4) JEREMES SWEETHEART is the horse to beat in my opinion. She finished fourth in the rich $100K Grassroots final, better than any other horse in this field. (1) THAT’S MARA went gate-to-wire at this class last week and has been given post one. A ‘must have’ on your tickets. (8) FROWN UPSIDE DOWN has seven third-place finishes this season. Look for another off-the-pace trip from post eight.
- 1.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 2.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 3.Posted 12/08/2013 06:24PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM