- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Mohawk: Saturday 9/14 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $75,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet: FATHER PATRICK (3rd)
Spot Play: RIVETING ROSIE (5th)
(4) KINETIC KING was recently timed in 1:54 1/5 and gets Campbell in the bike again. With a repeat effort, he's a top threat. (9) NORTHERN BULLET comes out of the Moreau barn, is fresh off a win and has terrific gate-speed. (1) OUR MOJO is a good option for the triactor. He draws much better, has a solid record and closes very well.
(6) LEGAL BRIEF mad a miscue last week, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He'll race for the second time in the O'Sullivan barn and won in 1:51 4/5 just two starts ago. (5) MONTE CRISTO has hit the board in three of his last four starts. He's a good option at this bottom level.
Race 3 – William Wellwood Memorial Final
(4) FATHER PATRICK got rough gaited turning for home last start, but still managed the win. He's clearly the horse to beat. (3) HARPER BLUE CHIP has progressed nicely this season and continues to improve. He's versatile and likely won't offer much of a price. (8) CREDIT FASHION raced well last week and has a good record this season. He's got solid gate-speed and gets Sears in the bike.
(2) CLIFF DRUMMOND draws inside and moves into the Moreau barn. He's won two straight and certainly is capable in this class. (4) MACH IT BIG finished second last week in this class from a post nine start. He has timed in 1:50 1/5 and that will only lower his price. (5) SHIPPS XPECTANCY drops in class and comes out of the McMaster barn. He's a good option with the class drop.
Race 5 – Peaceful Way Final
(5) RIVETING ROSIE made a miscue in her elimination and recovered nicely to finish third. She comes from a top trotting barn, has a good record and I'm price shopping. (3) DANICA HALL continues to improve with each start and has won two straight. She's versatile and won her elimination. (2) I JASMIN captured the other elim and used a terrific final frame to win. She gets Zeron back in the bike once again and likely will race off a helmet.
(4) ASLAN has won three straight and remains relatively at the same class. He draws well, gets McNair and will race off the pace. (5) BIGTIME BALL will add lasix and drops in class. He's got a lot of back class and I will look for a turnaround effort. (7) GRANDE SEELSTER has won two straight and moves up in class. He set a new lifetime best last week and that sets him up well in here.
(5) ELLIS PARK has been racing much better in his last two starts and draws well. He was also timed in 1:49 2/5 last start. (7) WARRAWEE NONSUCH draws towards the outside once again and likely will race from behind. He won three starts ago and quick speed on the front increases his chances. (4) GALLANT SEELSTER comes out of the Gold series and into this class. He draws inside, has gate-speed and comes out of McNair's barn.
Race 8 – Canadian Trotting Derby Final
(6) ROYALTY FOR LIFE will likely be put on the front and look for his sixth victory this season. He was fighting sickness last start and I feel he's capable if he can dictate the race. (3) MASTER OF LAW has a punishing late kick and that will likely get utilized. He draws well and Zeron elected him over (4) YOUR SO VAIN, who also raced off a helmet. He's won two straight and has been at his best and that should continue.
(9) CAMAES FELLOW will likely be the favourite and deserves to be. He's the horse to beat after a pair of punishing victories. (8) UPFRONT HOOSIERBOY has been racing terrific as of late and likely will be pushed off the gate. He comes out of the Johnson barn and was timed in 1:48 2/5 last week with a :25 3/5 final frame. (3) SPEED AGAIN has been a different horse in his last five starts. He draws inside has terrific gate-speed and is a good option for third.
(4) ANNDROVETTE hasn't been at her best, but she always races well on Canadian soil. I'm hoping for a price as she gets Tetrick back in the bike. (1) KRISPY APPLE draws the rail and she raced terrific last time on this oval, closing from tenth-to-fourth. Davis, Jr. is back aboard and should be better positioned. (6) SWINGING BEAUTY moves into the Burke barn, which will only decrease her price. She's versatile and a class mare.
(8) TEA PARTY PRINCESS drops in class, comes out of Menary's barn and likely will be the favourite. (9) EIGHTHUNDOLARBILL also drops in class and gets Miller back in the bike. She'll have to overcome post nine and may offer a fair price. (2) MACH A WISH gets post two and should benefit on the class drop. She won last time in this class on Aug. 3.
(5) DRAIN DADDY drops in class and won at this level back on July 27, which was a new lifetime best. (4) WINDSONG JACK has won two of his last three and comes out of Menary's barn. He faces older horses, but certainly has the speed. (8) TWIN B IMPRESSIVE comes out of Moreau's barn and has finished third in each of his last two starts. He's a good option once again for the triactor.
- 1.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 2.Posted 12/09/2013 01:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/10/2013 01:46PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 01:42PM