- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Barretts May sale: eleven tie for fastest time at under-tack show
By Joe Nevills
The bell was rung 11 times by horses breezing the fastest quarter mile on Friday at the Barretts May 2-year-olds in training pre-sale under-tack show, each hitting the mark in ten seconds flat.
The following horses set the co-fastest time for one furlong on Friday at Fairplex Park in Pomona, Calif.:
- Hip No. 41, a Tale of the Cat colt who is the third foal out of the winning Danehill mare La Danielle, who has had two foals to race. Consigned by Hartley/De Renzo Thoroughbreds, agent, he is from the family of Hasili and Arrive, England’s Broodmares of the Year in 2006 and 2008 respectively, who together produced such standouts as Canadian Horse of the Year Champs Elysees, champions Intercontinental and Banks Hill, prominent sire Dansili, and Group 1 winners Promising Lead, Heat Haze, and Cacique. Other notable family members include champion turf male and sire Leroidesanimaux.
- Hip No. 42, a Tiz Wonderful colt out of the winning Honor Grades mare Laird’s Honor, who is the dam of three winners from four to race, including stakes-placed Not an Altar Boy. Family members include Grade 1 winner Nostalgia’s Star and Grade 3 winners Clocks Secret and Sky Alliance. He is consigned by Excel Bloodstock, agent.
- Hip No. 59, a Latent Heat colt out of the stakes-placed winning Regal Classic mare Mysteryachievement, who has produced four winners from as many to race, led by stakes winner The Thought Occurs. Consigned by Ciaran and Amy Dunne’s Wavertree Stables, agent, the colt’s other notable family members include stakes winners Dan’s My Pal, Hempens Syn, January Man, and Wild Style.
- Hip No. 65, Rocket Ridge, a Not for Love colt out of the winning Wild Rush mare Polo Ridge. He is a sibling of one winner from two to race, and is from the family of Grade 2 winner Wicapi and Grade 2-placed stakes winner All Smiles, along with several other stakes winners. Rocket Ridge is consigned by Wavertree Stables, agent.
- Hip No. 82, a Tribal Rule colt out of the winning Synastry mare Sassy Synner, dam of six winners from eight to race, four of which are stakes winners or stakes-placed. The colt is a sibling to stakes winners Winter Warning, Synnin and Grinnin, and Sassy Blend, as well as stakes-placed Niner Genius. He is consigned by Havens Bloodstock Agency, agent.
- Hip No. 86, Too Obvious, a Desert Code filly out of the Mt. Livermore mare Secret Mountain, who has produced four winners from three to race. Consigned by McCarthy Bloodstock, agent, the filly’s notable family members include champion Questing, Grade 1 winners Switch and Gregorian, and Grade/Group 2 winners Truly Bound and Mukaddamah.
- Hip No. 90, a Bernstein filly out of the Lycius mare Shining Prospect, dam of four winners from seven to race, including Group 2 winner Duff. Her other notable family members include Group 1 winner Valley of Gold, Group 2 winner Whitehaven and Group 3 winners Splendid Era and Dublin. The filly is consigned by Nickajack/Rey de Oros.
- Hip No. 92, an Into Mischief colt out of the Group 2-winning Danzig mare Smolensk, who has produced six winners from eight to race, including multiple stakes winner Martha’s Moon. Consigned by Wavertree Stables, agent, the colt’s second dam is Kentucky Oaks winner Blush With Pride, who is the cornerstone mare of a family that has produced Broodmare of the Year Better Than Honour, European champion Peeping Fawn, champion and Belmont Stakes winner Rags to Riches, Belmont Stakes winner Jazil, Breeders’ Cup Marathon winner Man of Iron, Group 1 winner Thewayyouare, Grade 2 winner Casino Drive, and Group 3 winner Turnberry Isle. The colt’s family also includes Irish champion Malinowski.
- Hip No. 99, a Roman Ruler filly out of the winning Distorted Humor mare Tate’s Queen, who has had one foal to race. Consigned by Venture Thoroughbreds, the filly’s page includes Grade 3 winner Parade Queen. Parade Queen is the dam of Grade 3 winner Untouched Talent, who in turn produced last year’s Grade 1 winner and dual classic runner-up Bodemeister.
- Hip No. 101, Single Noproblema, a Singletary filly out of the Cee’s Tizzy mare Tiz a Problem, who is the dam of one winner from one to race. She is from the family of Grade 3 winners Soviet Problem and Unzip Me, and is consigned by McCarthy Bloodstock, agent.
- Hip No. 135, Behanan the Bull, a Benny the Bull colt out of the stakes-winning River Special mare Color Me Special, who has produced four winners from five to race. Consigned by SGV Thoroughbreds, agent, the colt’s notable family members include Grade 3-placed winner Justdontcallmejeri, as well as stakes winners including Zin, Shinko’s Lass and Top Cat Boogie.
The fastest time of the day for two furlongs came from Sizzlin’ Dizie, a Dixie Chatter filly, who covered the distance in :21 seconds flat. Consigned by Havens Bloodstock Agency, agent, the filly is out of the stakes-winning Desert God mare Sonora Desert, who has produced six winners from five to race, including stakes-placed Tribal Desert. The filly is from the family of Horse of the Year Alysheba, as well as Grade 2 winner Alysbelle.
The one-day Barretts May sale will be held on Monday, May 13, beginning at 3 p.m. Pacific at the Barretts sales pavilion in Pomona.
To access a catalog, click here.