- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 6/22 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Race 10 - $20,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (33 - 62 / $115.40): MYSTICAL VICTRESS (7th)
Spot Play: STATE STREET LIZ (9th)
(9) COTTON EYED JOE freshman pacer put in a huge effort first start on the track and should show some improvement. (2) KING OF THE JUNGLE two-year-old is impeccably bred and exits a decent qualifier; threat. (3) TOUGH ROSE first-time starter had the most impressive qualifier in the group and could be ready for a big effort.
(6) FORT SILKY seven-year-old got the win last out but if you analyze the race and look at other races throughout the night it was a subpar performance. Gelding is having a career year and will need to be much sharper. (5) BEST MAN HANOVER well bred 5-year-old pacer could be the only threat to the top choice; fires early. (4) LENNOX BLUE CHIP nine-year-old was shot out of a cannon late last out and could use some honest fractions up front to close into.
(7) KK'S BANDIT trotting mare has stayed flat three in a row. The 4-year-old is better from off the pace and should offer a decent price. (5) GREATESTOFEASE well bred filly has yet to take the next step but is facing a slightly softer field than her last few. (2) BLUEBIRD JAMAICAN three-year-old would be much higher on the list except for the fact he has breaking issues but the talent and speed are there. If the gelding were to stay flat he would be the horse to beat.
(8) C'EST LA VIE seven-year-old stallion makes his second start back off a long layoff. Well bred pacer put in a huge effort first start off the bench and should he improve off that effort would be a huge threat. (7) EXTRAVAGANT ART gelding has been improving with each start and comes off a big effort out of the ten hole. (4) SAGE RUCK three-year-old pacer is knocking on the door but has yet to put it all together and could use a smooth trip.
(5) VAN DONK gelding makes his second career start off a huge effort and should offer a nice price. (6) KRUSTY THE CLOWN Indiana bred would have been my top choice had he had a different pilot. The 3-year-old is fast off the gate if he's on it. (7) TANGIBLE HOPE gelding makes his second start for the new connections. Five-year-old dominated wire to wire but takes a hike up in class.
(5) COME ON JO-JO three-year-old couldn't parlay a perfect trip last out but is racing gamely in an inconsistent field. (3) NEWS IN PLACE three-year-old didn't look like he took to the turns at Maywood last out but had put in two excellent efforts prior. (2) DONTBEACHATME well bred pacer was a game winner last out and takes a drop in class in for a tag; threat.
(6) MYSTICAL VICTRESS Illinois champ has come back around and has been sharp in her last few efforts. Six-year-old mare is versatile but I believe will be firing early taking no prisoners; big chance. (7) PARTY HANGOVER mare has yet to have any racing luck but is a threat to go flying by late. (5) MAKENA CAT mare has been racing over her head after being claimed for little. Six-year-old has good early gate speed and could be in line for a ground saving trip; use underneath.
(2) MAJESTIC ROYALE gelding takes a big drop in class into a claimer. Six-year-old has put in some big efforts against much better. (7) JOKIN' MAN was used very aggressively at Hoosier before tiring badly. Six-year-old also faces an easier bunch. (3) JO JO SPUR five-year-old makes his third start back off a layoff and should be in a great spot turning for home.
(2) STATE STREET LIZ filly has the most upside in the race and didn't quite get around the half mile track. Three-year-old is a huge threat to sweep by late. (3) ALIYAH MARIA beat a very soft field last out but has been racing gamely. (1) DALLAS JONES filly has had a few weeks off but gets a great post and will be firing late.
In a wide open race (8) MISTER VIRGIN faces older but dominated with ease last out and looks to be primed for another good effort. (5) MATT THE BRUISER comes off two straight victories and could have more to offer. (3) FOUR STARZZZ Z is the obvious choice in the race making his second start in the new barn but will offer low value.
(4) ST DAVID HANOVER has just been racing evenly in his last few but finds a field full of question marks and is versatile. (2) DABESTLEADEREVER gelding takes a jump up in class, but has been racing consistently. Six-year-old pacer gets a good post and should be in line for a good trip. (1) HEATH nine-year-old draws the rail and should be flying late.
(2) WASHINGTON HANOVER five-year-old has been given a lot of time off and needed his last start. Gelding has some back class and could be sitting on a much-improved effort. (3) ARCH VILLAIN gelding has been a huge disappointment in his last two efforts but if he races like he did prior he would be a threat to upset. (6) AJ GET'S THE MONEY gelding drops back down to a level where he has been competitive; fires early.
(7) FOX VALLEY PRESTO should offer a big price and with the right trip would be very dangerous. (6) SPECIALLY SPORTY gelding comes off two straight victories but hasn't been facing much; command a price. (3) LD'S DASH look for an equipment change on the 4-year-old before you use him on the top spot. Gelding hasn't been finishing his miles but has consistently hit the board.
- 1.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 2.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 3.Posted 12/08/2013 06:24PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM