- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Balmoral: Saturday 10/6 Analysis
By Jeremey Day
Best Bet: LIKEATHUNDERBOLT (2nd) Spot Play: SHAX (7th)
In a race that is wide open (3) ABSOLOM looks like he can transition to the big track. Gelding should be forwardly placed and has some recent wins. (1) REAL DESIRABLE chased a game winner last time out and gets the best post to work with. A repeat of his last effort would put him in the money. (4) JIMENYS STAR was used very hard in his last. Gelding needs a smooth trip to be in the money.
(8) LIKEATHUNDERBOLT made a miscue last out but has been very sharp recently. Gelding finds a soft spot and should be forwardly placed off the gate. (5) FRONTIER TROUBLE has been pacing up a storm since the barn change. 3yr old takes a bump up in class but is actually facing less. (1a) BUBS DESIRE 3yr old has some talent and should be firing late.
(9) CLASSIC BLAZE owns the most victories on the year with the fastest mark. Mare likes to race up front and could have needed that last start. (5) RIPKENS RED is dropping in class and could be primed for a big effort after taking a long time off. (2) TREASURER JOHN sports a couple of game efforts showing good late kick in his last two starts.
(5) BROOKLYN'S DESIRE drops down to the lowest class off a disappointing effort. Gelding races best from off the pace and finds a really weak field; use caution. (6) MAJESTIC ROYALE has been racing competitively at this level. Gelding likes to be forwardly placed and just needs a trip to get his fifth win of the season. (8) JV'S BAD BOY was roughed up last out; he finds a slightly easier field and could be in line for a much better trip.
(10) STARDOM BOUND takes a huge drop in class and was pacing up a storm from a tough spot last out; big chance. (3) PEACE poses a big dilemma as she was flying at the end of her last race before making a break. Mare drops in class and is a huge threat to win. (7) DEVACHAN has been going through the motions with little success but drops to a level where there aren't many contenders.
(7) FOX VALLEY TOUCHE couldn't parlay a perfect trip to win last start just missing. Mare owns excellent gate speed and back class. (2) FOX VALLEY PRALINE has a good post and will be forwardly placed. (3) WEEKEND UPDATE drops out of the open where she has just been ok.
(7) SHAX is a bit of an enigma for betters. Gelding is very inconsistent but any kind of an effort should do the trick. (4) BURSTING BLAZE has actually been racing better than his lines show. Gelding finds an easier field and could be charging hard late. (2) FREDDY TO RUMBLE is racing well but only has one victory on the year; use underneath.
(2) HOLDINGALLTHECARDS looks to be a short price showing wicked late kick; must use. (7) KINGS LEGEND is very sharp right now and could be the only threat to the top choice. (5) SPECIAL JOE has been racing well at this level and will be forwardly placed.
(2) AL'S HAMMERED will be a short price and has the ability to pace past everybody late. (7) IAMBONASERA has been lights out lately; must use. (1a) TOUCH THE ROCK has put in two excellent efforts in recent starts. Gelding looks to be forwardly placed and should be a decent price.
(2) HEATH takes a bump up in class but gets a good post. Gelding has put in two good efforts and might have gained some confidence from his last victory. (3) MAJOR MALE takes a drop down in class and has the ability. 4yr old could be in line for a good trip and might be sitting on a big one. (7) DOUBLETROUBLE closed up well last out and could use a hot pace up front for his best chance.
In what could be the toughest race on the card to handicap (2) SECTIONLINE YANKEE looks to be improving with every start and is very versatile. 3yr old filly is facing older but does have the talent and pedigree to win. (4) LOVE THIS PLACE was in an impossible spot last start but closed well. Mare could use a hot pace upfront for her best chance. (10) LR DANCING DREAM has been ultra impressive for two months. She is saddled with a bad post with a lot of speed inside of her.
(1) MY BOY CAL has more ability then he's shown recently. Gelding finds a soft spot and could be in line for a good ground saving trip. (3) LIGHT IN THE ROOM is coming off two straight victories minding his manners after have trouble staying on the pace. (7) LE-SIRENUSE has had problems at the start of the race in his last two. Gelding has the ability to win if he has his nose on the gate.
(4) LEANMEAN NORMAJEAN takes a key drop in class and has a good post. (3) LETS TALK ABOUT ME also takes a drop in class. Mare hasn't been a factor in last three starts; use caution. (2) BP GIANT FOOL needs a hot pace and a smooth trip.
- 1.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 2.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 3.Posted 12/08/2013 06:24PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM