Jockey Vicente Del-Cid, a leading rider at Delta Downs and Evangeline Downs in recent years who currently ranks among the 20 leading riders in the nation in wins, left California earlier this month and told his agent that he plans to retire.
Del-Cid has not ridden since April 5 at Santa Anita. He moved from Louisiana to California in late February and had three wins from 25 mounts at the Santa Anita winter-spring meeting.
“He retired from riding and moved back to Guatemala,” his agent, Ryan Glatt, said on Wednesday. “I think he wanted to be closer to his family.”