- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Derby Countdown Guide
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Expanded Closer Looks
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Expanded Closer Looks
DRF’s Triple Crown Sweepstakes Rules
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE, ACCOUNT ACTIVATION OR WAGER TRANSACTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY.A PURCHASE, ACCOUNT ACTIVATION OR WAGER TRANSACTION DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. The "Daily Racing Form Triple Crown Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes")begins 3:00 P.M. EDT Thursday, May 24, 2012 and ends 11:59 P.M. EDT Monday May 28, 2012 ("Sweepstakes Entry Period").
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Sweepstakes is only offered in the United States (where legal) and is only open to legal United States residents (of such jurisdictions where the Sweepstakes is lawfully offered) who are 21 years or older as of May 24, 2012. Employees, officers and directors (and their immediate families [parents, children, spouses and siblings] regardless of where they live and members of their same households [whether related or not]) of Daily Racing Form LLC, XpressBet, or their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies; and entities engaged in the development, distribution, implementation or administration of the Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. These are the official rules. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable Federal and State laws and are subject to change without notice in order to comply with them.
3. HOW TO ENTER. Depending in which state you reside in, you can enter the Sweepstakes via the following ways:
Method #1 ("wager entry"):Only legal residents of those states where pari-mutuel advance deposit wagering services currently are offered by DRF Bets can enter via wager entry (for the list of states where DRF Bets currently offers pari-mutuel advance deposit wagering services, see http://www.drf.com/drf-bets-states-and-tracks). Visit www.drf.com/bets to complete and submit one or more confirmed wager(s) in the aggregate amount of at least $200.00 USD on any racetrack(s) offered by DRF Bets during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Your submission of one or more confirmed eligible wagers totaling at least $200.00 USD during the Sweepstakes Entry Period will provide one (1) automatic entry into the Sweepstakes. All wager entries must be received by the end of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. To enter the Sweepstakes via Method # 1, you must have an open, valid DRF Bets account in good standing. All information necessary to establish a DRF Bets account is available at www.drf.com/bets. Operators are not responsible for any difficulties that may arise in funding accounts or having these funds available for wagering during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. All wager entries will be deemed made by the natural person who is the registered and verified holder of the DRF Bets account assigned by the Sponsor. Refunded and cancelled wagers do not qualify for entry. Limit one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person and per DRF Bets account.
Method # 2 ("account activation entry"):Only legal residents of those states where pari-mutuel advance deposit wagering services currently are offered by DRF Bets and who do not currently have a DRF Bets account can enter via account activation entry (for the list of states where DRF Bets currently offers pari-mutuel advance deposit wagering services, see http://www.drf.com/drf-bets-states-and-tracks). Visit www.drf.com/bets to open a new DRF Bets account, including an initial minimum deposit of $10.00 USD (with the exception of Massachusetts residents, who must have an initial minimum deposit of $25.00 USD per state regulations) during the Sweepstakes Entry Period to automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All information necessary to establish a DRF Bets account is available at www.drf.com/bets. Operators are not responsible for any difficulties that may arise in funding accounts or having these funds available for wagering during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. All account activation entries will be deemed made by the natural person who is the registered and verified holder of the DRF Bets account assigned by the Sponsor. Limit one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person and per DRF Bets account.
Method #3 ("transaction entry"): You will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes with purchase of any one of the following items from DRF.com during the Sweepstakes Entry Period: DRF Belmont Stakes Ultimate Fan Guide (retail: $14.95 USD); DRF Belmont Stakes Advanced Access Package (retail: $19.95 USD); DRF 10-card Formulator Past Performance Package (retail: $19.95 USD); or DRF 10-card Classic Past Performance Package (retail: $29.95 USD). Limit one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person.
Method #4 ("online entry form"): You will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes when you submit your complete name, mailing address and email address on the official online entry form, found at http://www.drf.com/store/drf-triple-crown-sweepstakes, during the Sweepstakes Entry Period Submission of entry will also include consent to receive email communications from Daily Racing Form. Limit one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person and per valid email address. The name of the "authorized account holder" associated with any given email address will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, an online service provider, or another organization responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Proof (to Sponsor's satisfaction) of being the authorized account holder may be required by Sponsor.
Use of automated devices is not valid for entry. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undelivered, damaged, incomplete, postage due or illegible entries. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Only one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person will be accepted. Additional entries received from any one person or email address during the Sweepstakes Entry Period will be void.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Winner will be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. The random drawing will take place on or about May 30, 2012 (the "Drawing Date"). Any potential winner will be contacted by email and/or phone. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within 24 hours from the time the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her, and/or the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. There will be one (1) winner. The winner will receive a 3-day/2-night trip for two (2) people to New York City to attend the Belmont Stakes on Saturday, June 9, 2012. The trip will consist of the following: (a) round-trip coach airfare for two (2) people departing on June 8, 2012 from, and returning on June 10, 2012 to, the major airport nearest the winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor) to a New York metropolitan area airport selected by Sponsor; (b) two nights standard hotel accommodations (double occupancy, room/tax only) in Manhattan at a hotel selected by Sponsor; (c) two Clubhouse seats for the Belmont Stakes, including Clubhouse admission; (d) $1000 USD NYRA wagering voucher (e) pre-paid car service between Manhattan and Belmont Park on Saturday, June 9, 2012 (f) $250 local ground transportation allowance. Prize is not transferable. THE WINNER MUST TRAVEL ON THE SPECIFIED DATES OR THE TRIP AND ALL ASPECTS OF THE PRIZE WILL BE FORFEITED IN ITS ENTIRETY. The total approximate retail value of prize is $3800 USD, and may vary based upon the point of departure and fluctuations in airfare.
If the winner lives within 200 miles of New York City, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute ground transportation for airfare, in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to change travel dates and to substitute any or all portions of the prize for a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value should they become unavailable or impractical for any reason.
Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel and route selection in its sole discretion. The winner shall be solely responsible for all fees or costs associated with the prize, including but not limited to any ground transportation (except as expressly stated above), meals, tax, gratuities, personal expenses and any other expenses not expressly specified herein. The winner shall solely be responsible for obtaining any travel documents that may be required.
6. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS. Potential winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability along with a Publicity and Travel Release (collectively, the "Prize Claim Documents") within 48 hours of notification. If a winner fails or refuses to sign and return the Prize Claim Documents within 48 hours of prize notification, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries. Winner and his or her respective guest must travel together. Guest of a winner must be over the age of 18 (unless winner is the parent or legal guardian of the guest), and must execute and return to Sponsor prior to ticketing a Release of Liability Form and a Publicity and Travel Release.
7. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner's sole responsibility.
8. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
10. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Sweepstakes each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Sponsor Entities"), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Sweepstakes, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, "Claims"). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Sweepstakes and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; and (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release. Affidavits and releases must be returned within 48 hours from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner.
11. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, stolen, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of computer or electronic malfunction, will not be eligible. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor and Administrator, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process. (iii) Sponsor and Administrator further reserve the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned, including postal or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
12. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
13. WINNER LIST. For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the Drawing Date, to: Winner List - DRF Triple Crown Sweepstakes, 708 Third Avenue, 12th floor, New York, NY 10017.
14. SPONSORSHIP. This Promotion is sponsored by Daily Racing Form, LLC, 708 Third Avenue, 12th floor, New York, NY 10017 (individually and collectively, the "Sponsor").