- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsThoroughbred Past Performances
ReportsPremium NewsDigital PapersHorsemen's Products
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Equibase PPs
- TrackMaster PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- DRF TV
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Expanded Closer Looks
- Equibase & Trackmaster PPs - Thoroughbred
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR WAGER TRANSACTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY. A PURCHASE OR WAGER TRANSACTION DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. The "DRF Bets Stuff that Stocking Sweepstakes" (the “Sweepstakes”)begins 12:01 A.M. EDT Wednesday, December 12, 2012 and ends 11:59 P.M. EDT Sunday December 16, 2012 ("Sweepstakes Entry Period").
2. ELIGIBILITY. This Sweepstakes is only offered in the United States (where legal) and is only open to legal United States residents (of such jurisdictions where the Sweepstakes is lawfully offered) who are 21 years or older as of December 12, 2012. Employees, officers and directors (and their immediate families [parents, children, spouses and siblings] regardless of where they live and members of their same households [whether related or not]) of Daily Racing Form LLC, XpressBet, or their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies; and entities engaged in the development, distribution, implementation or administration of the Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. These are the official rules. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable Federal and State laws and are subject to change without notice in order to comply with them.
3. HOW TO ENTER. Depending in which state you reside in, you can enter the Sweepstakes via the following ways:
Method #1 ("wager entry"):
Only legal residents of those states where pari-mutuel advance deposit wagering services currently are offered by DRF Bets can enter via wager entry (for the list of states where DRF Bets currently offers pari-mutuel advance deposit wagering services, see http://www.drf.com/drf-bets-faq#faq5). Login to your DRF Bets account at http://bets.drf.com to complete and submit confirmed wager(s) in the aggregate amount of at least $25.00 USD on any racetrack(s) offered by DRF Bets during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Each day during the Sweepstakes Entry Period, your submission of confirmed eligible wagers totaling at least $25.00 USD will provide one (1) automatic entry into the Sweepstakes. You may enter up to once per day during the Sweepstakes Entry Period, for a maximum of five (5) total entries. All wager entries must be received by the end of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. To enter the Sweepstakes via Method # 1, you must have an open, valid DRF Bets account in good standing. All information necessary to establish a DRF Bets account is available at www.drf.com/bets. Operators are not responsible for any difficulties that may arise in funding accounts or having these funds available for wagering during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. All wager entries will be deemed made by the natural person who is the registered and verified holder of the DRF Bets account assigned by the Sponsor. Refunded and cancelled wagers do not qualify for entry. Limit one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person and per DRF Bets account per day.
Method #2 ("mail-in entry"): Mail a postcard with your complete name, address, and daytime phone number to: DRF Bets Stuff that Stocking Sweepstakes, c/o Daily Racing Form Marketing Department, 708 Third Avenue, 12th floor, New York, NY 10017. Mail-in entries must be postmarked between 12/12/12 and 12/17/12 and received by 12/19/12. Use of automated devices is not valid for entry. No mechanical reproductions permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undelivered, damaged, incomplete, postage due or illegible entries. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Only one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes Entry Period will be accepted, regardless of method chosen. Additional entries received each day from any one person or email address during the Sweepstakes Entry Period will be void.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Grand PrizeWinner will be determined by one (1) random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Daily PrizeWinners will each be determined by a random drawing from all eligible entries received on each individual day during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. There will be a total of five (5) Daily Prize random drawings. All the random drawings will take place on or about December 20, 2012 (the "Drawing Date"). Any potential winner will be contacted by email and/or phone. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within 24 hours from the time the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her, and/or the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS. There will be one (1) grand prize and a total of ten (10) daily prizes awarded.
The Grand Prize consists of a $500 wagering credit, posted to the winner's DRF Bets account. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Odds of winning are determined by number of qualified participant during the entire Sweepstakes Entry Period
“Second Prize”: The Second Prize consists of two (2) free Daily Racing Form Formulator Past Performance 60-Card Packs, the retail value of which is $399.90. The primary subscription is to be used by the winner, and the secondary subscription is for the winner to gift to a friend and cannot be redeemed by the winner directly. A total of five (5) Second Prizes will be awarded - each prize includes two 60-card Formulator packs awarded to a winner selected by random drawing from all total entries on each day of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Odds of winning are determined by number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes on each day of the Entry Period.
“Third Prize”: The Third Prize consists of two (2) free Daily Racing Form Formulator Past Performance 30-Card Packs, the retail value of which is $222.00. The primary subscription is to be used by the winner, and the secondary subscription is for the winner to gift to a friend and cannot be redeemed by the winner directly. A total of five (5) Third Prizes will be awarded - each prize includes two 30-card Formulator packs awarded to a winner selected by random drawing from all total entries on a each day of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Odds of winning are determined by number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes on each day of the Entry Period.
The total approximate retail value of all prizes is $3609.50 USD.
6. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS. Potential winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability along with a Publicity and Travel Release (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”) within 48 hours of notification. If a winner fails or refuses to sign and return the Prize Claim Documents within 48 hours of prize notification, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries. Winner and his or her respective guest must travel together. Guest of a winner must be over the age of 18 (unless winner is the parent or legal guardian of the guest), and must execute and return to Sponsor prior to ticketing a Release of Liability Form and a Publicity and Travel Release.
7. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner's sole responsibility.
8. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable with the exception of the secondary past performance plans in the Second and Third Prizes, each of which are to be given to a friend of the winner. No prize or any portion thereof is redeemable for cash, Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
10. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Sweepstakes each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Sponsor Entities"), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Sweepstakes, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, "Claims"). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Sweepstakes and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; and (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release. Affidavits and releases must be returned within 48 hours from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner.
11. DISCLAIMERS.(i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, stolen, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of computer or electronic malfunction, will not be eligible. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor and Administrator, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process. (iii) Sponsor and Administrator further reserve the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned, including postal or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
12. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION.This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
13. WINNER LIST.For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the Drawing Date, to: Winner List - DRF Bets Stuff That Stocking Sweepstakes, 708 Third Avenue, 12th floor, New York, NY 10017.
14. SPONSORSHIP.This Promotion is sponsored by Daily Racing Form, LLC, 708 Third Avenue, 12th floor, New York, NY 10017 (individually and collectively, the "Sponsor").