- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPs
ReportsPremium NewsDigital PapersHorsemen's Products
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- TimeformUS PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Equibase PPs
- TrackMaster PPs
- Using Timeform Ratings
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- Learn to Play
- History of Horseracing
- How to read PPs
- How to use EasyForm
- How to use Formulator
- How to use TicketMaker
- Beyer Speed Figures
- Moss Pace Figures
- Using Race Shape Symbols
- Using Timeform Ratings
- BreezeFigs Handicapping
- Wagering and Winning
- Harness Night School
- Point of Call Index
- 3-Year Best Time Chart
- DRF TV
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- TimeformUS PPs
- Equibase & Trackmaster PPs - Thoroughbred
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR WAGER TRANSACTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL REGULATIONS APPLY. A PURCHASE OR WAGER TRANSACTION DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD.The "DRF Bets NHC 14 Sweepstakes" (the “Sweepstakes”)begins 1:00 P.M. PDT Thursday, January 24, 2013 and ends 2:59 P.M. PDT Saturday January 26, 2013 ("Sweepstakes Entry Period").
2. ELIGIBILITY.This Sweepstakes is only offered in the United States (where legal) and is only open to legal United States residents (of such jurisdictions where the Sweepstakes is lawfully offered) who are 21 years or older as of Thursday, January 24, 2013. Employees, officers and directors (and their immediate families [parents, children, spouses and siblings] regardless of where they live and members of their same households [whether related or not]) of Daily Racing Form LLC, XpressBet, or their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies; and entities engaged in the development, distribution, implementation or administration of the Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. These are the official rules. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable Federal and State laws and are subject to change without notice in order to comply with them.
3. HOW TO ENTER. You can enter the Sweepstakes via the following ways:
Method #1 ("customer entry form"): Complete the official customer entry form found at the DRF Booth at Treasure Island Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, NV, including full name, email address, and cell phone number and your DRF Bets or DRF.com Past Performance account information. You may enter up to once per day during the Sweepstakes Entry Period, for a maximum of two (2) total entries. All entries for the Friday drawing must be received by 3:59P.M. PDT on Friday, January 25, 2013. All entries for the Saturday drawing must be received by 2:59P.M.on Saturday, January 26, 2013 (the end of the Sweepstakes Entry Period). All entrants also consent to receive email correspondence from Daily Racing Form, DRF.com and DRF Bets, but may opt-out at any time.
Method #2 ("non-customer entry form"): Complete the official non-customer entry form found at the DRF Booth at Treasure Island Hotel & Casino, in Las Vegas NV, including full name, email address and cell phone number. You may enter up to once per day during the Sweepstakes Entry Period, for a maximum of two (2) total entries. All entries must be received by the end of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. All entrants also consent to receive email correspondence from Daily Racing Form, DRF.com and DRF Bets, but may opt-out at any time.
No mechanical reproductions permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, undelivered, damaged, incomplete, or illegible entries. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Only one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes Entry Period will be accepted, regardless of method chosen. Additional entries received each day from any one person or email address during the Sweepstakes Entry Period will be void.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION.A total of two (2) Grand PrizeWinners will be determined by one (1) random drawing each day from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. There will be a total of two (2) Grand Prize random drawings. The random drawings will take place on or about 5:00pm PDT on January 25, 2013 and January 26 2013 (the "Drawing Dates"). Any potential winner will be announced live at the DRF/NTRA National Handicapping Championship and contacted by email and/or phone. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within 24 hours from the time the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her, and/or the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS. There will be a total of two (2) Grand Prizes. Each Grand Prize consists of one (1) iPad mini 32GB with Wifi+ Cellular. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Odds of winning are determined by number of qualified participant during the entire Sweepstakes Entry Period. Approximate retail value of each prize is $599.99 USD. The total approximate retail value of all prizes is $1119.98 USD.
6. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS. Potential winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”) within 48 hours of notification. If a winner fails or refuses to sign and return the Prize Claim Documents within 48 hours of prize notification, the winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries.
7. TAXES.All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner's sole responsibility.
8. ODDS OF WINNING.The odds of winning this Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION.No prize or any portion thereof is transferable with the exception of the secondary past performance plans in the Second and Third Prizes, each of which are to be given to a friend of the winner. No prize or any portion thereof is redeemable for cash, Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
10. CONSENT AND RELEASE.By entering the Sweepstakes each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Sponsor Entities"), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Sweepstakes, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, "Claims"). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Sweepstakes and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; and (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release. Affidavits and releases must be returned within 48 hours from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner.
11. DISCLAIMERS.(i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, stolen, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of computer or electronic malfunction, will not be eligible. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor and Administrator, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process. (iii) Sponsor and Administrator further reserve the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned, including postal or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. (v) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vi) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
12. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION.This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Sweepstakes and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
13. WINNER LIST.For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the Drawing Date, to: Winner List - DRF Bets NHC 14 Sweepstakes, 708 Third Avenue, 12th floor, New York, NY 10017.
14. SPONSORSHIP.This Promotion is sponsored by Daily Racing Form, LLC, 708 Third Avenue, 12th floor, New York, NY 10017 (individually and collectively, the "Sponsor").