- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Zia: Somplace Else strong in the stretch of Chaves County
Someplace Else worked out a stalking trip after breaking from the rail Sunday at Zia Park, when she rallied for a 3 3/4-length win over Cali Baby in the $60,000 Chaves County. The one-mile race for fillies and mares was canceled last week due to heavy rains, but brought back on a Sunday card that included three other stakes, all for Quarter Horses.
Someplace Else ($4) settled into third in the early stages of the Chaves County, as African Rose and Pyrite on My Mind dueled through fractions of 23.60 seconds for the opening quarter, 47.20 for the half-mile, and 1:11.80 for six furlongs. Someplace Else launched her bid four-wide into the stretch, overtook leader Cali Baby, and went on to cover the distance on a track rated fast in 1:37.19.
Jockey Shane Laviolette rode the winner for Prairie Lane Farms and trainer Kelly Von Hemel.
Pyrite on My Mind held third, finishing five lengths behind Cali Baby.
Hobbs America Futurity: A Dream to Remember delivers
A Dream to Remember, a daughter of the Thoroughbred mare Hallowed Dreams, was always prominent for a three-quarter length win over Whiteface Eagle in the Grade 2, $299,843 Hobbs America Futurity for Quarter Horses.
A Dream to Remember is an Oklahoma-bred by Corona Cartel. Hallowed Dreams won the first 16 races of her career in her native Louisiana, and overall was 25 for 30 with career earnings of $740,144.
A Dream to Remember ($12.80) covered 400 yards on a fast track in 19.33 seconds. G.R. Carter Jr. was aboard the winner for the partnership of R.D. Hubbard, Johnny D. Cope, and Henry Southway. A Dream to Remember is trained by Paul Jones.
* Jess Featureme Quick ($13.80) was a neck winner of the Grade 3, $197,683 Hobbs America Derby for Quarter Horses.
* Candy Cartel ($5.60) won the $55,000 Lubbock, the first of the three stakes for Quarter Horses.
- 1.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 2.Posted 12/09/2013 01:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/10/2013 01:46PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 01:42PM