- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Yonkers: Saturday 12/8 Analysis
By Matt Rose
MEET STATS: 330 - 1005 / $1736.60
Best Bet: WINTER RETREAT A (5th)
Spot Play: UPFRONT ELLIJAY ED (3rd)
(1) CROMAC JOHNNY N is another in a big wave of Down-Under imports. This one didn't fire chasing a fast pace at Philly but he may find this spot more to his liking. (3) THE POKESTER rallied well after escaping traffic last week; tonight he gets some class relief. (5) DAMON BLUE CHIP ships in for Burke and I would expect him to be forwardly placed off the gate.
(3) PACIFIC DESPERADO drops back to the level of his recent win and he lands in a pretty soft field of NW12000. (1) GO WEST LUCKY CAM rallied well versus cheaper just five days ago. (2) DIGITAL Z TAM drops, draws well but has just one win on the season; tough to endorse for the top spot.
(3) UPFRONT ELLIJAY ED showed surprising gate speed from the eight hole two back; tonight Brennan drives and perhaps he can wake up the gelding. (5) BETTORS CURSE finds a soft enough spot to do some damage, but it looks like he'll need a live trip. (6) SHOTGUN A is tough to play on top, but he can be considered on the ticket.
(5) MALICIOUS has shown fine speed but has been unable to finish it off recently; Brennan picks up another catch-drive with Mark MacDonald out of town and maybe this one can go the distance tonight. (2) COLONIAL ROAD has finished with plenty of pace in his last two after ground-saving trips; the same result can happen tonight. (1) DEFIANCE N should be close up, but he seems to be camera-shy.
(1) WINTER RETREAT A has raced well for about 42 starts in a row, but he can never seem to reach. Tonight from the rail, it may finally be his time to shine. (4) HURRIKANE SCOTTY J is the erratic type, but he can be a big threat on his best behavior. (2) K SLATER is much-improved recently.
(4) FITZ'S Z TAM was collared after a tough uncovered try last week as the big favorite; he's up to the Open ranks tonight but I think he's classy enough to compete here. (3) NOBLE FALCON has certainly recaptured some of his old glory over his last few starts. (8) SAPPHIRE CITY is legit stock, but he faces an uphill climb from post eight.
(1) LIGHTNING RAIDER N kept digging for the win in his U.S. debut. Team Vallee trainee may actually provide a touch of value upon the hike to this level. (5) OUR CULLENSCROWN N has closed a ton from too far back in his two local starts; something tells me Sears will be in better striking position tonight. (2) BJ'S BEQUIA returns off a sharp win at Saratoga.
(8) ORR HANOVER is in career form and leave it to Brennan to overcome the eight hole. (2) OR needs a trip and he's more than capable. (7) BETTOR DESIGN has been good since the Blumenfeld claim; does he have the needed early gate speed?
(2) STONEBRIDGE TONIC has speed, an inside draw and he's facing some suspect rivals tonight. (1) TALKTOMECOURAGE N picked up Brennan last week, responded well and rallied for second; the track's leading driver chose him here over my top choice. (8) GREYSTONE CASH probably can't win, but it wouldn't shock me if he rallied for a piece at a price.
(8) CODE WORD weakened as the chalk last week and now is saddled in post eight. Nothing else really excites me here, however. (1) LETTUCEROCKU A progressed forward nicely upon arrival and he bears following. (6) JERRYS BROWN GOLD was Brennan's choice and his effort last out wasn't bad.
(7) ELECTRIC OUI may be in an ambitious spot tonight but I've seen him race big at a price in the past and it wouldn't shock me if Goodell took a shot. (3) ALIVEANDWELL N fits at this level, but he hasn't won in a while. (2) MICKEY HANOVER was all out to dispose of lesser last week.
(4) MCCLELLAND was in too deep against some tough ones at Philly; prior efforts were solid. (1) MUSSELSFRMBRUSSELS ships south for Allard off a big win at Woodbine and he looks well spotted here. (3) HERE WE GO AGAIN is a good money-earner but he doesn't always like to win.
- 1.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 2.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 3.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 4.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM
- 5.Posted 12/08/2013 06:53PM