- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Yonkers: Saturday 1/19 Analysis
By Matt Rose
MEET STATS: 4 - 24 / $13.60 BEST BETS: 1 - 2 / $3.60
Best Bet: HANDSOME PRINCE (3rd) Spot Play: HI HO STEVERINO (7th)
(7) ELECTRIC SHOOTER was stacked up third over, fanned wide and closed a ton in his 2013 debut; Jack Franklin trainee is sharp and only needs a live trip to score. (2) SAMS ESCAPE drops out of claimers, could awaken. (1) BOLDER took plenty of money last week but failed to fire; consider here from the rail, hopefully at a better price.
(6) SPARKY took some sneaky money but never gained an inch last out; veteran is back in claimers and he's beaten this type in the past. (2) MACRAIDER N should show more with the improved post. (3) ALLAMERICAN PEWTER also didn't fire in last; hard to ignore from these live connections.
(1) HANDSOME PRINCE returns locally off a solid try at The Meadowlands and draws best. Burke/Kakaley combo has been very live thus far. (5) MYBROTHERGEORGE gapped live cover and didn't fire in his local return; Bartlett should try leaving the gate from this spot. (2) MONEY TWITCH A doesn't win often, but from this inside spot he should be considered for a share.
(3) CIGAR HALL was jammed up in traffic and didn't have a realistic chance last week; veteran has some speed and it's not impossible to hit the front from this spot. (5) BETTORS CURSE had some mild pace last out and he was Brennan's choice. (1) COLOSSAL has raced evenly in his last few, now draws best. Consider him for a share.
(1) JERRYS BROWN GOLD was my pick last week and never got involved. Tonight, from the rail and with Brennan driving, it should be a different story. (2) ELECTRIC OUI was a bit flat last out after missing a couple of weeks. He can be tighter tonight. (7) HYPNOTIST drops in class, but how can he get involved from this spot? Consider underneath on some tickets.
(5) RIVER SHARK grinded harmlessly on the rim upon his local return and did not threaten. This looks like a more wide-open field tonight and the millionaire can be in a better spot. (6) ELECTROFIRE is arguably in career form and he took this event last week. (4) HERE WE GO AGAIN goes second-time for Fraley. Last week the camera-shy gelding went a steady trip.
(4) HI HO STEVERINO went a big effort in defeat last week; he can finish the job tonight. (8) A SWEET RIDE was a solid second in his local return; only knock here is the poor post. (1) GRAMS LEGACY returns off a big try at The Meadowlands; prior efforts have been spotty.
(8) FITZ'S Z TAM finished with very willing pace versus Open foes last week; he lands outside in a competitive group but the price should be right to take a shot. (1) MODERN DAY CLYDE is assigned the rail and Sears should try to take full advantage. (7) PROVEN LOVER saw his win streak end when defeated in the Open; he's got a ton of gate speed.
I thought that (1) CINDERELLA GUY had a small chance last week, but he didn't really fire at a big price. Tonight he's got Brennan driving from the rail which makes him a big contender here. (4) ART OF ILLUSION has good gate speed which should put him into play. (3) OUREA NOURRIR gets some needed post relief.
(2) ROYAL MEETING was driven last week like he had plenty and he came up second best in a good try; Holland opted elsewhere but I'm still inclined to give this one a shot. (1) OUR CULLENSCROWN N has been labeled by some as a tease, because he always looks good but can't finish the job; tough to take at a short price. (4) VILLAGE BEAT will likely be forwardly placed by Bartlett.
(2) KID COURAGEOUS A was uncovered from last into a rated pace at 40-1 last week; obviously that effort can be excused. Expect better tonight. (3) ALIVEANDWELL A and (1) DEFIANCE N are both capable, but both are excuse-filled and camera-shy.
(2) SAFE HARBOR added Lasix and closed a ton last week. He drops, draws better and will likely attract plenty of attention at the windows. (4) CODE WORD faltered on the front end last out; perhaps he's better suited for a stalking trip. (7) FLIPPER J has class, may need a start or two.
- 1.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 2.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 3.Posted 12/08/2013 06:24PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM