- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Woodbine: Saturday 10/27 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Best Bet: CAPTAINTREACHEROUS (7th) Spot Play: ANNDROVETTE (10th)
(8) FRENCHFRYSNVIEGAR has been a top filly in this division all year. She won the Breeders Crown last year and I think she can do it again. She's the horse to beat and I don't think they can do it. (2) BEATGOESON HANOVER captured the single elimination last week, but will have to be even better to win the Crown. She's got a good post to work with. (7) AUTUMN ESCAPADE enjoys being in the mix of things early and I hope that continues in here.
(2) SOMWHEROVRARAINBOW was very impressive in her elimination victory and was well in hand with her :27 flat final quarter. She could have won by a lot more and couldn't be coming into this race any better. (5) I LUV THE NITELIFE wasn't overly impressive in her last start at The Red Mile. I thought she could have come home stronger, but she gets the services of Jack Moiseyev again, which never hurts. She may even offer a little value. (3) PARLEE BEACH has been hot and cold all season, but it appears she's coming into this race in terrific form after her latest victory at The Red Mile in her last pari-mutual start. She's a good play if Campbell puts her near or on the front.
(6) CHAPTER SEVEN has been nothing short of spectacular this season. He's lightly raced this season and will look for back-to-back Breeders Crowns. (4) COMMANDER CROWE is a horse that handicappers should not take lightly. He's the real deal and if there is one horse who I think can beat Chapter Seven, it's him. (2) MISTER HERBIE has had a terrific season for Gillis and Jamieson. He's got home court advantage and is a major player.
(1) ECONOMY TERROR cut the mile last week and was only beaten a nose to American Jewel. Perhaps if the roles were reversed, Economy Terror might come out on top. (4) AMERICAN JEWEL is a world record holder and will likely be the post time favourite. She is beatable, but is an exceptional filly. (3) ROMANTIC MOMENT has had a terrific season. She has the potential to win as well. I think it's between these three fillies for the exactor and triactor.
(8) TO DREAM ON wasn't at her best two starts ago at The Red Mile, but it was good enough to win. She's likely the horse to beat, but she is beatable. (1) HANOVER BELLE is a horse that could do that. She was trotting up a storm in her last start, but made a break. (3) MISTERY WOMAN is lightly raced this season and has had a terrific winning percentage. She's a top threat as well.
(2) WIN MISSY B is going to be my top selection in here because she might not get the respect she deserves with CHECK ME OUT in this race. Pierce has had terrific success with her that could continue. She will likely go off as the second choice. (1) CHECK ME OUT captured the Breeders Crown last year and has been given a great post to work with. It will be interesting to see how the race unfold if she's on the front or not. Whoever gets the best trip between her and Win Missy B will likely be your winner. (6) MAVEN has been very consistent all season and is always hitting the board. If the speed is honest, she's the type of horse who could pick them off late in the mile. She certainly has enough speed and talent to win.
(3) CAPTAINTREACHEROUS will likely be the best bet of the night. His elimination victory was stunning. Ear plugs were still in and he was well in-hand doing so. (2) ROCKIN AMADEUS might be an outside pick to some handicappers, but he really impressed me last week. He was used hard at the start then finished well. (6) VEGAS VACATION came first-over around the final turn and finished a strong second. He's got a good post to work with and I think he's a good choice for second or third.
(2) WHEELING N DEALIN is the obvious choice for me and I'm sure most handicappers. He hasn't raced in over a month (Sept. 15) prior to his elimination victory and what impressed me the most was that he was able to fend off Royalty For Life in deep stretch to hang on for the win. It was a gritty effort. (1) DONTYOUFORGETIT has been blessed with a very good post to work with. He's got terrific gate-speed and I hope that comes into play because WHEELING N DEALIN will likely be on or near the front and Dontyouforgetit could get a nice trip. I'm not sure what type of odds you're going to get on (8) ROYALTY FOR LIFE, but he has the potential to upset this field. He put forth a solid effort in his elimination and he shouldn't be overlooked. He's a good option for your triactor tickets.
(4) HESTON BLUE CHIP got a terrific two-hole trip in his elimination and was able to find open road very late in the mile to score the narrow win. He's only been defeated three times this season. (7) SWEET LOU doesn't have the best reputation for winning the big races. I think he can be top three, but not so sure he can win. (2) BETTORS EDGE captured the other elimination and is putting his best foot forward late in the season. There are about six to seven horses who can win this race.
(4) ANNDROVETTE has been assigned a terrific post and Tetrick loves to make speed with her. She'll likely be first to the front and she races her best that way. She captured the Breeders Crown last year and could do it again, but this time offering value. (9) REBEKA BAYAMA equaled the Woodbine track record last start and was simply spectacular doing it. It will be interesting to see how she overcomes post nine. She'll likely be the favourite, if not, close to it. (11) DROP THE BALL has to deal with a post 11 start, which I don't like. She follows DREAMFAIR ETERNAL off the gate, who usually doesn't get away too close to the front. I'm afraid she'll get away too far behind.
(3) INTIMIDATE made a big statement by capturing his elimination last week. He's not a fluke as he finished second in 1:51 4/5 earlier this year in the Simcoe to LITTLE BROWN FOX. Pierce is on board and this horse could post the mild upset. (4) LITTLE BROWN FOX likely will be first to the front. He's had a terrific season and won his elimination effortlessly. (8) MARKET SHARE is undoubtedly the top sophomore trotting colt this season. He'll have to overcome post eight and might be tiring late in the year.
(7) BETTOR SWEET is rounding into form at the perfect time. He's captured his only two wins of the season in his last two outings and is the reigning Breeders Crown champion. (1) PUT ON A SHOW will get every chance to prove herself against the males. Jamieson will put her into the race accordingly and I strongly feel she can pace with the boys. (8) FOILED AGAIN knows when the money is on the line. He's the richest pacer of all-time and certainly should not be overlooked.
- 1.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 2.Posted 12/09/2013 01:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/10/2013 01:46PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 01:42PM