- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Reports
- StorePast PerformancesREPORTSPICKSHarness PPs
Woodbine: Monday 10/15 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Best Bet: BETTOR THAN YOU (9th) Spot Play: FRANKIES DRAGON (6th)
(4) THEATRICAL SESSION raced very well in her last start in Kentucky and should be able to handle this class. He's winless this season, but has just shy of $50,000 earned this season from eight starts. (5) MAKING MAGIC might be a longshot to some, but he qualified very well with a honest final quarter. He enjoys being on the front end and might offer a price. (3) PL FAIRLADY has been on the board seven of 11 starts this season. She draws inside and usually gets away near the front.
(3) MACHAL ANGELO suffered a first-over trip last week and hung on for third. He draws much better and should get a cleaner trip. He's at the same level he's won twice. (8) MARINER SEELSTER enjoys being near the front and with the outside post, that's the trip I'm predicting. (2) PASS THE DEUCE closed very well last week to finish fourth with a solid final quarter. He's a good choice if you can find value.
(1) INTIMIDATE likely won’t offer any value with his winning record this season and good post. He's facing more competitive horses in here than he did last start. (4) EW FISHER made an uncharacteristic break in stride last week and I'm going to overlook that. He drops down in class and has the class and potential to win. (9) SHEER GLIDE gets class relief tonight and is at a level where he should be very competitive. I only hope he doesn't get away too far back.
(2) DREYDL HANOVER has gotten better in each of his two lifetime starts. He's dropped time and I expect that to continue. He's got a good post and will likely be other handicappers top pick as well. (1) SOMEWHERE WITH YOU was too far back last start, but came home well with a fast final quarter. It will be interesting to see how Filion drives him from the rail. (9) WHAT A HOOLIGAN was flying late at the end of the mile last start and I expect a repeat effort. He doesn't show much gate-speed, which is a downfall.
(4) LIFE DREAM HANOVER has won just two races in two years, but if she is driven the same way as last week, then I think she can win. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. (8) TWIN B HERBIE got a great drive last week from Jamieson and posted a solid final quarter. This is a tough race to handicap, but he's a good option. (1) ADREAMCOMETRUE AS likely will come from off-the-pace, but has been racing well lately and has a good starting spot.
(7) FRANKIES DRAGON has won four of her last five starts and a victory at this level last week. This horse knows how to find the winner's circle. (1) FLIGHT EXEC was flying at the end of the mile last start to finish fourth. I can't see him getting away that far back from post one. (2) LONG LIVE ROCK has hit the board 16 of 18 times this season. That stat alone should make handicappers aware of his potential.
(5) DEFINE THE WORLD is a class horse with over $1.6 million in earnings. He's returned with two straight victories and makes his first start on this circuit in quite some time. (3) JULIANS CAESAR drops down in class and gets the services of Jody Jamieson. He might offer value. (4) TRAVERSE SEELSTER is also dropping down in class and has been inconsistent this season. I hope he gets away near the front.
(2) SCRATCH OFF makes his debut for O'Sullivan and has posted six wins from 12 starts this season. It will be interesting to see what value he offers. He's been racing on half-mile tracks in Ohio and moves to a much larger-sized track. (6) ZORWIJK NOVA was full of trot until she made a break in her last start at Georgian Downs. She's got good gate-speed and is a big threat. (7) TANGLES went gate-to-wire at this level last week and the same tactics could be used again.
(4) BETTER THAN YOU has posted two-straight wins and continues to improve. He draws an inside post and will likely be the post-time favourite. (2) ROCKNROLL HARMONY moves up in class after a win last week, but showed a wicked final quarter. He draws inside and I doubt he'll get away seventh like last week. (6) SHOPPING WITH ART is four-year-old and will mark his career debut. He posted a credible qualifier and depending on the odds, he's worth a shot.
(2) DAYLON MAGICIAN is back after a layoff after an injury at Rideau Carleton in his latest start. I'm expecting a top effort in a class which he should handle to prepare for the Breeders Crown next Saturday. (3) UNDERCOVER STRIKE was simply spectacular in his last two start, especially his latest start for new trainer O'Sullivan. He'll offer minimal value and rightfully so. (7) ANDOVER AMERICA captured this even last week, but I don't think he'll be the post-time favourite. He's a good option to have from post seven.
(6) COLLEGE MAJOR was put on the front last week and he didn't look back for Jamieson. He's back at the same level and I expect a similar trip. Gillis always said this was a good horse. (8) COMMUNICATOR was been racing very well for recently new trainer O'Sullivan. He's a good option to have on all your wagering options. (7) JOHNNY COME LATELY has just one win this season, but continues to put up solid miles. He'll likely come from off-the-pace.
(10) PJ LUCKY got everything his own way last week, but got tired late in the mile. He draws the outside post 10, but shows enough gate-speed to be put into position. (8) NJS TRICK PISTOL hasn't been racing well at all lately, but paced in 1:53 3/5 last week, faster than any of his rivals in their last effort. (6) TIGER TRUST is due to jump up and hit the board. This class is always tough to predict. Longshots are certainly possible at this level.
- 1.Posted 06/18/2013 09:59AM
- 2.Posted 06/17/2013 01:04PM
- 3.Posted 06/17/2013 04:52PM
- 4.Posted 06/17/2013 01:00PM
- 5.Posted 06/17/2013 04:02PM