- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Woodbine Harness: Thursday 5/2 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $75,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (19 - 36 / $66.40): Thankyoukessel (5th)
Spot Play: Best Impressions (8th)
(3) NOBLE FLIGHT went a very encouraging qualifying effort in Florida over an off track with a :27 final quarter. He ships north, but I think he’s ready to win at first asking. (6) SECRET INGREDIENT moves onto this circuit after a pair of third place efforts at The Meadowlands. He shows enough speed to be a key player at first asking. (8) SIR WILLIAM doesn’t like to win, but is a very good option for the triactor. He’s hit the board in four of five starts this season.
(6) SWEEPING VICTORY was hard-used to the quarter last start and managed to finish a strong second, beaten a head for the win. He did all the work on the front and at this level, I feel he’s a top threat. (4) THEATRICAL SESSION is fresh off a win and moves up in class. This marks the second start for trainer Gallucci and I think he can be even better in his second start on this circuit. (3) BEYOND SANITY came from off-the-pace last start and closed well to finish fourth. He draws well and I think he’ll be more aggressively handled.
(1) BELLE BOYD is the horse to beat in this series, no question. She’s five-for-five and has scored each win with ease. (3) SUPER SOPH came first-over last week on BELLE BOYD and managed to finish second. She impressed me with her gritty effort and once again draws well. (2) MARQUISE DE SARAH did most of the work last week before fading to third. She’s got a good record this season, is very versatile and is a likely candidate for the triactor.
(3) MACH AWAY draws inside once again after finishing second in this class last week. She’s winless from seven starts this season, but this is not a deep field and she’s very capable. (6) SWINGIRL was aggressively-driven last week and I’d like to see the same tactics used again. She was only beaten by half-a-length for the win after doing all the work. (7) LEEANNARTO comes out of the McIntosh barn and is considered a contender for third, in my opinion. She’ll need the right trip from Waples, but she has a good closing kick.
(4) THANKYOUKESSEL makes his return to the races this season after a solid qualifying effort. He trotted home in :27 1/5 and has won at this level both times last season. I think he’s ready to win first start back. If (6) FORK can mind his manners, then I consider him a top candidate. His lone victory last season was very impressive and his latest qualifying effort is encouraging. (8) ENOUGH ABOUT YOU has hit the board in two of three starts this season and is very versatile. He’s a good option to consider for the triactor.
(1) OYE VERA BIZZIE has won three straight, including a victory last week for first-time starter Moreau. She draws inside, remains at the same level has a good record this season. (6) MCGAIN N MCGAIN moved into the Johnson barn last week and the result was a second-place finish. She has a terrific record from last season and I feel she can once again put forth another strong performance. (5) NOARTOGRAPHSPLEASE has raced very well this season and is at a level where she’s most competitive. She also gets Jamieson in the bike.
(6) MARATOGA finished second in her seasonal debut last week and I feel she’s ready to drop even more time. She’s back on the seven-day rotation and comes out of the O’Sullivan barn. (5) SENORITA SANTANNA doesn’t have a good record to start the season, but she was racing against tougher company. I’m looking for a rebound effort and a higher price for team Jamieson. (7) LIFE IS A LADY doesn’t have the gate-speed to be forwardly placed, but has a good closing kick. This isn’t a deep field and I feel if she doesn’t get away too far back than she can pick up the pieces late in the mile.
(3) BEST IMPRESSIONS moves into the Wallace barn after a good qualifying effort at the Meadows with a good final quarter. She draws inside, possesses gate speed and she may offer a decent price. (1) MARA MUTUEL won in her seasonal debut last week and remains at the same level. She draws inside and once again is a top contender. (9) PRETTYNDANGEROUS will make her third start of the season and has continued to drop time. She will have to overcome post nine, but shows speed.
(8) EXQUISITE ALBERTA drops in class and that’s the main reason for my selection. At this level, she’s a top threat with her 26 career wins. (3) IMAGINE SEMALU hasn’t hit the board in four starts this season, but she draws inside and I expect to see her more aggressively driven. She’ll likely offer a price and I’m looking for a rebound effort. (5) E L AVENGER is fresh off a win and has a terrific record this season. She does move up in class, but I feel she’s very capable.
(4) ROCKIN WIZARD was desperate for racing room last week and had to settle for second. Waples considers this horse ‘Grand Circuit’ material and he may provide a price once again in this field. (1) CLASSIC GENT snapped his unbeaten streak last week, but proves that he’s a top contender in this series. He draws inside and gets McNair. (3) VARADERO HANOVER moves back into the Mahar barn and won the lone division last week. He cannot be overlooked with his impressive win last week and record so far this season.
(3) IN THE WHEELHOUSE went straight to the front last week and never looked back en route to victory. She draws inside and with any type of repeat effort, I think she’ll be tough to beat. (1) LARK SEELSTER got away too far back last week, but draws the rail this week. I expect to see her better positioned in the early going with an off-the-pace trip. (4) RACHEL WELCH continues to race very consistently this season and draws well once again. She finished third in this class last week and is very capable once again.
- 1.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 2.Posted 12/09/2013 01:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/10/2013 01:46PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 01:42PM