- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Woodbine Harness: Thursday 3/7 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (9 - 23 / $31.50): B YOYO (3rd)
Spot Play: LARK SEELSTER (4th)
(3) NORTHERN NANDI had to overcome post 10 last week and made a break the week prior. He draws well, shows enough speed and has had five career starts; due for a win. (2) ON AND ON raced well last week with a good closing quarter. He’s had two starts now since his layoff and I think he can drop more time. (1) NOSTALGIA SEELSTER has won two straight races at Western Fair and I think she can hit the board in here. She does move to the bigger track but I think she’s playable in this maiden class.
(4) ANGELS DELIGHT came first-over last week and scored a hard-fought victory. She does move up in class, but comes from McIntosh’s barn and I feel she can handle it. (3) AIR MILES HANOVER lost by a neck last start to ANGELS DELIGHT and also moves up in class. She draws well and once again I think it’s between these two fillies for the win. (1) CHARDONAY SEELSTER was full of pace last week with nowhere to go and made a break due to hitting a wheel in front of her. She was full of pace last start and I think she’s a good option to consider once again.
(2) B YOYO scored a very comfortable win last week and remains at the same level. He cleared to the front and never looked back en route to victory and draws the same post once again. (9) DESIGNER GENES does begin from post nine, but she has the gate speed to overcome it. She has been racing very competitively in this class and will attract a lot of attention. (10) BLOODSTOCKSHALLTAB hasn’t missed the board in his last five starts, but post 10 does worry me. He doesn’t show the best gate speed and I feel he may get away too far back; no value, either.
This is a very wide-open race, but I selected (6) LARK SEELSTER. When this horse was training-down as a two-year-old, Gillis had high praise for her and that’s the main reason for my selection. Her qualifying effort is convincing enough for me to believe that she can win her first start. (4) RUBIS PRESCOTT showed a very good final quarter in her qualifier and I feel she can be a part of the exactor. She came from off-the-pace and finished with a lot of pace. (1) SCARLET STARLET has terrific speed and draws inside. I don’t think I’d like to see her on the front again, but if she’s put into play and gets a ground saving trip, I think she can hit the board.
(2) MAKING MAGIC had some time off, but did post a good qualifying effort. He posted a 2-2-0 record from six starts last season and I think he can win in here in just his second start of 2013. This is a very wide-open race. (1) VALDABRO draws the rail and certainly shows enough speed to be a threat. If he’s not used hard in the early stages, I feel he can be a part of the exactor and should provide value. (10) CLASSIC ST PAT came first-over last week at Kawartha Downs and raced very well to finish second. He moves back to this circuit and if they go quick fractions on the front, I like his chances late in the mile.
(3) FIRST IMPRESSION has won two straight races and debuts for new trainer Agostino. He remains in the same class and draws well. (7) SILVER DRAGON finished third in this class last week after a first-over journey. I hope his gate speed comes into play once again, because I think that’s where he races at his best. (8) WESTERN ALUMNI has been top three in each of his last two starts. He closed very well last week. With any type of repeat effort, I think he’s a contender to be a part of the triactor.
I feel that this class is fairly wide-open, but I selected (1) ELITE. He gets major class relief tonight. He also draws well and comes from a high percentage trainer in Nixon. (8) HIGHLAND HELLION scored a fairly comfortable win last start and does move up in class, but I think he can handle the jump for top trainer Moreau. (9) JAC SPADE hasn’t missed the board in his last three starts and captured the victory last week. He does move up in class, but he’s capable of being top three.
(3) JUKEBOX JACKIE cleared to the front last week and never looked back en route to victory. She draws well once again and I expect to see the same type of tactics used. (5) JOLIE BLUE CHIP got a terrific pocket trip last start to score the win. She remains at this same class and begins from the same post. (6) WINDSONG INVINCIBL was hard-used to the quarter last week and still was able to find the winner’s circle. She does move up in class and is a top contender. All three of these horses are coming off a win.
(8) BRAVEHEARTEDMILLIE drops back down in class where she won two starts ago. She’s got a good on-the-board record this season is very capable in here. (6) ANDYS DREAMBOAT finished second in this class last week after a very good steer and begins from the same post. I hope her gate speed comes into play, which would increase her chances. (2) EXPRESS JET will have to step up her game, but I think she has potential to be top three. She draws well and has been getting some solid steers from Byron.
(3) ORILLIA ZOEY got a good trip last week, but couldn’t find room in deep stretch. This week she gets Jamieson and her gate speed will likely come into play again. (9) OUR DESIRE has finished first and second in this class in her last two starts and likely won’t offer any value. She also has early speed and I also expect to see her near or on the front. (4) BORN THREE drops in class and that’s the main reason for my selection. She draws well and should provide value at this bottom level.
(7) SURPRIZEMEAGAIN has won two of his last three starts in this class and remains at this same level after the claim. He debuts for new trainer Fine and possesses good gate speed and will get a lot of attention in here. (6) JUDGE JON drops down in class after a pair of fourth place finishes at a higher level. He shows enough speed and can race on or near the front, or from off-the-pace. (2) NEOCON raced very well last week and finished third. He came first-over and that’s not his best stride. He draws well and comes out of the Moreau barn.
- 1.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 2.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 3.Posted 12/08/2013 06:24PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM