- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Woodbine Harness: Thursday 1/3 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet: YS GOLD STAR (9th)
Spot Play: P L FAIR LADY (2nd)
(7) PACIFIC WESTERN got used very hard last week to make the front. That took a lot out of him and with a cleaner trip, he is a top candidate. I hope he leaves again, but doesn't get used hard early. (1) SKY DESPERADO comes back to this circuit after one race over Flamboro. He draws inside and short field only helps his usual off-the-pace tactics. (5) RIDING WITH P got away too far back last week and wasn't a threat. If he's more forwardly-placed this week, I like his chances to hit the board.
(1) PL FAIRLADY made a miscue last week and that was out of character for her. She still rebounded to finish third and draws better this week. She may offer a price again. (5) SEE R CHIN WIN closed very well last week to finish second. She used a solid :28 1/5 final frame and that sets her up well in here. (7) POPEDA continues to improve with each start. He isn't the easiest horse to drive for Rekila, but shows enough trot to be very competitive in here.
(8) NOTALKINGBACK is very lightly-raced in his career, but closed well to finish fifth in just his second career start. I only hope she doesn't get away too far back. (5) SEBRING BLUE CHIP continues to be very competitive at this level, but has failed to win. She's a good option to have for exactor/triactor wagers. (4) WHIPMEINTOSHAPE debuted on this circuit last week and finished his mile with some pace. He was a longshot and put in a very respectable performance.
(7) WINDSUN T BIRD is claimed one again by Moreau. In his only start with her on December 5, she was a winner. Once again, she is classified correctly. (2) JONNIE MACH had a terrific 2012 season and that likely will continue in here. She draws inside and proved to be very competitive at this level last week. (1) BRAVEHEARTEDMILLIE has been racing very well as of late and captured the win at this level last start. It was her only victory of 2012.
(9) ART I SPECIAL was hard-used last week in the early going and had to settle for sixth. He draws the same post as last week, but if he isn't used too hard again, he's certainly playable at this level. (8) STARS ON THE WATER has been very consistent in this class and if the trip is in his favour, he's a threat. (1) DARK PRINCE once again draws inside and is capable of being top three. He usually provides value and that likely will continue.
(6) STURDY AS A HALL blasted to the front last week and that's not his best stride. He usually races from behind and I'd like to see that happen in here. He certainly has enough trot to win. (8) MISS PANTHERS enjoys being put into the race early. That will likely happen in here and she's been racing at her best in her last two starts. (2) MEGO MOSS has won two-straight and moves up in class. He enjoys getting off the gate and is a good option to have in here.
(8) MEMUMSNOTNICE did all the work at this level last week and faded to second. Perhaps, with a different trip, she's the winner. I'd like to see her in the pocket or off-the-pace. (7) MIBESTKEPTSECRET enjoyed a ground-saving trip last week to find the winner's circle. She is also classified correctly and again should get lots of attention in here. (6) SAUBLE CLAIRE got away too far back last week and I can't see that happening again. She races at her best, like two and three starts ago, when she's correctly placed mid-pack.
(1) FRESH HERB has been nothing short of spectacular since moving into the Budd barn. He won at a higher level two starts ago, draws inside and enjoys being forwardly-placed. He'll likely offer low value. (5) SF TERRIFIC KISSER is very competitive at this level. He came first-over in each of his last two starts and I'm looking for a better trip. (7) SHIPPS XPECTANCY looks like he races at his best when he's on the front or close to is. He draws decent enough to be forwardly-placed and may offer a price.
(8) YS GOLD STAR has won three straight and moves up slightly in class. She faces the majority of the same rivals and will likely be the post time favourite again. (6) AMERICAN GRACE has finished second to YS GOLD STAR in both her previous two starts. She gets off the gate very well and I expect another front-end drive from Davis, Jr. (7) SAMILLION DOLLARS once again draws outside and usually provides value. I'm price shopping, but she closes very well is a good longshot selection for the triactor.
(9) MACH THIS WAY was a longshot last start and put up a terrific fight, but had to settle for second. Auciello's barn might be the best on the circuit right now. (6) LIFES CALL was aggressively-driven last start by Austin. Front-end tactics will likely be used again. (4) MAMASAIDSO hasn't missed the board in her last four starts. She comes from the Coleman barn, which can't be overlooked and remains at the same class.
- 1.Posted 12/05/2013 01:44PM
- 2.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/06/2013 03:20PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 02:15PM
- 5.Posted 12/05/2013 03:54PM