- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Woodbine Harness: Thursday 1/24 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (5 - 12 / $18.40): TWIN B WRANGLER (1st)
Spot Play: AZOREAN NIGHT (7th)
(2) TWIN B WRANGLER was dropped in class last week and that proved to be a good move as he finished second. He remains at the same level, draws inside and begins from the same post as last week. With three starts since his layoff, he should be ready for a win. (7) WALTAKAWALCEK made a miscue last start and rallied to finish third. He enjoys racing from behind and in this short field, that only helps his chances. (6) WHO DOESNT moves into a claimer first time and he should find this field much easier. He’s also had a layoff and should be very competitive in here.
(6) BREWMASTER hasn’t been worse than second in three of his last four starts. He’s fresh off a win at Georgian Downs and still remains at the bottom class on this circuit. (7) SIMAX finished second in this class last start and has dropped time from his previous efforts. His impressive :28 1/5 final frame is a good indicator that he’s ready to drop even more time. (5) BOP N GLIDE is one of the more experienced horses in this field and shows enough speed to be competitive. He draws well and likely will offer a price.
(2) NOTALKINGBACK used first-over tactics last start and went a long journey to finish second, beaten less than a length for the win. She draws much better and I’d expect to see a better trip. (3) SPECIAL NEWS was used hard to the quarter last week and that didn’t help her performance. Jamieson is back in the bike, which is a plus as he’s had success with her in the past. (4) I LIKE ITA LATTE has shown steady improvement in her last number of starts and is fresh off a win at Flamboro. She’s very versatile and I think she can finish top three in here.
(1) BORDEAUXS BEST was used very hard to make the front last week and that took its toll on him finishing. He begins from post one and likely won’t be as hard-used in the opening quarter; top contender at this level. (3) DUKE DID IT draws much better than last week and I think he’ll be forwardly placed by Byron. He may offer a price and I’m looking to capitalize. (2) NEOCON drops in class and comes from Moreau’s barn. Keep in mind that he finished third at a higher level last week.
(2) SEE R CHIN WIN made a miscue last week at Kawartha Downs and that’s very uncharacteristic of her, so I’m going to overlook it. She won three starts ago and dropped significant time the very next start. I like her chances in here. (5) DESIGNER GENES has a pair of runner-up finishes behind him and last start he was timed in 1:58 4/5. He continues to improve with each start. (1) TROTTING R T had to overcome post 10 last week, which isn’t easy. He draws better this week and shows enough speed to be a contender.
(3) JANIE BAY is fresh off a claim and remains at the same level. She was parked on the outside last week and I’m looking for a better trip. I’m also using the Gallucci angle as his barn has been very successful on the WEG circuit in the past few months. (9) MY IDEAL enters the claiming ranks and will have to overcome post nine. She has enough back-class to be very competitive in here. If she can get spotted and receive a good trip, she’s a very playable horse. (2) BORN THREE draws inside and drops down in class. She hasn’t had a good start to her 2013 season, but she’s at the bottom level.
(7) AZOREAN NIGHT certainly has enough speed to win in here, but the question remains if she can behave herself. She’s very well-bred and if she minds her manners, she has a terrific shot at winning. (3) BURNING BEACHES is also very well-bred and draws well once again. Last week she was conservatively driven by MacDonell, but this week I think he’ll be more aggressive. (4) SEBRING BLUE CHIP almost won last start before getting tired in deep stretch. She hasn’t won in 12 career appearances, but has been top three in eight.
(1) THE ONLY ONE has been scoring very comfortable victories in his last three starts. He remains at the same level that he won at last week and will be the obvious choice for many. (7) MEGO MOSS is also on a winning streak with four straight wins. He moves up a class and will face a tougher field. Both he and THE ONLY ONE will be heavy favorites. (3) TEMPTATION BAYAMA gets Sylvain back in the bike, which is a plus. If he behaves himself, he’s very competitive and certainly is capable of being top three.
(2) ELITE did all the work last week en route to a fairly comfortable victory. He used a solid :27 4/5 final quarter to seal the victory. He remains at the same class and any type of repeat effort and he’s the winner. (1) LOST IN PANSLATION got a terrific two-hole trip last week and also found the winner’s circle. He also draws inside and comes out of Moreau’s barn. (4) SF TERRIFIC KISSER came from well off-the-pace last week to finish third. If he’s better positioned off the start, I like his chances.
(5) WINDSUN T BIRD will be the obvious choice for many. She’s always competitive in this class and hasn’t been worse than second in her last three starts. Had (9) PETITE COURAGEUSE drawn inside, she may have been my top pick. She defeated WINDSUN T BIRD last week, but draws outside. She has enough gate speed to be well positioned and a horse that can’t be overlooked at this class. (6) YS GOLD STAR had to overcome post 10 last week and got used hard to the quarter. She draws better this week and faces many of the same rivals.
- 1.Posted 12/11/2013 03:00PM
- 2.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/11/2013 03:32PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 07:22PM