- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Woodbine Harness: Saturday 3/30 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (12 - 27 / $40.90): APOLLO BLUE CHIP (5th)
Spot Play: DUKESTER (3rd)
(2) INTENSE AMERICA draws well and is racing against Fillies & Mares only. She certainly has enough speed to win and should get a great trip from post two. (4) MAJESTIC TAGLET hasn't raced since March 8, which does bother me, but she is very capable in this class. She's very versatile and comes out of a high percentage barn in trainer Lalonde. (5) REAL HOUSEWIFE has only missed the board once this season from eight starts. She's a very good option for the exactor and gets Jamieson once again.
(1) DOCS HOSS didn't put in the best effort last week, but he draws inside and has won two of his last three starts. He drops in class and has a great shot to win. (6) C MAJOR HANOVER is fresh off a win and did all the work on the front last week. I hope his gate-speed comes into play in here. (4) CAJON HOT SHOT raced from off-the-pace last start and it appears that he races best when he's put in the race. That will likely occur from post four and I'm hoping that happens.
(2) DUKESTER is a horse that may offer some value. He draws inside and drops down in class. He usually races from behind and he should get a good trip leaving from post two. (8) GUILTYWITHANEXCUSE also drops in class and comes out of the Moreau barn. He raced at the Preferred level only four starts ago and is an obvious threat in here. (6) CHUCKALO CADEN finished second in this class two starts ago and draws in the middle of the gate. He races from off-the-pace and if they go quick fractions up front, I like his chances.
(3) MACHAL JORDAN gets class relief and draws inside. Last start he had post 10, which is very hard to overcome. He may provide value in this lower class. (2) GRIN FOR MONEY draws inside and should get a great trip. He's very inconsistent this season, but certainly has enough speed. (6) ODYSSEUS BLUECHIP found the winner's circle two starts ago and simply got away too far back last week. He drops back down in class and should be much more competitive.
(3) APOLLO BLUE CHIP has won two straight races since moving to this circuit and comes out of Allard's barn. He has a solid record this season, draws well and has excellent gate-speed. (10) MEGO MOSS might have the quickest gate-speed in this field, but has to overcome post 10. He has a terrific record this season and is a top threat even from an outside post. (6) M DOUGLAS has finished second in three of his five starts this season. He has good gate-speed, gets Waples once again and is a great option for the triactor.
(5) IDEAL RACE drops back down in class where he won two starts ago. He draws well, comes out of the Gillis barn and gets Jamieson. (2) UPFRONT HOOSIERBOY has been racing much better in his last two starts. Last week he finished a strong second and draws much better in here. (1) PEENIE was won two straight and scored a tough victory last week. He draws the rail and although he's up in class, I feel he's still a top threat.
(4) MODERN LEGEND is back on a better rotation and that's the major reason for my selection. Obviously he has enough speed to win, but I felt he needed that start last time out. (7) NO BU found the winner's circle last outing defeating MODERN LEGEND. He got a great trip from Jamieson and has proved he belongs at this level. (9) CAMAES FELLOW has finished in the top three in five of seven starts this season. He does draw outside, but has a terrific closing kick. He finished second in this class last week and is very capable.
(2) SKY DESPERADO got a terrific trip last week from Drury and was able to find the wire first. He used a good final quarter to seal the victory and draws the same post. (4) AUTUMN GOTTEM didn't put in the best effort last week, but he's a much better horse than he's been showing. This will mark his fourth start since a layoff and I'm looking for a better effort. (1) CHEYENNE MOISHE missed the board for the first time last week, but draws much better. He has terrific gate-speed and Oliver can dictate the trip from post one.
(1) CHASIN RACIN gets McNair in the bike and that's a major reason for my selection. He draws well and is at the bottom level. (8) FLEET SENSATION comes out of high percentage trainer Nixon and moves onto this circuit. He's at the bottom level and this is just his fourth start of the season. (2) ACCEPTABLE RISK is the veteran in this class and tends to be inconsistent. He draws well and with the right trip, I feel he can be top three.
(3) DRAIN DADDY gets class relief after finishing second at a higher level last start. He draws well, has excellent gate-speed and has a solid record this season. (1) STONEBRIDGE ON ICE also drops in class and draws very well. He hasn't been at his best in the last two starts, but the class relief should help. (8) CAMS TUX has won two straight since the claim and scored a very impressive win last week. He draws the outside post eight, but this is a shorter field.
(5) WINBAK WARRIOR makes his first start of the season and now comes out of the Gillis barn. He posted a very encouraging qualifier and I feel he can win first time out. (4) GOBAN has been racing much better in his last two starts. He's a good option for the exactor in this level with a good post. (1) SKY MCFLY drops in class and draws the rail. He closed very well last week and I feel he can only improve in here.
(10) BARE NECESSITY made a break last week and still rebounded to finish second. If he doesn't make that break, I'm convinced he's a winner. (3) TWIN B WARRIOR might be considered a longshot, but this class is very wide-open. He draws well, comes out of the Gillis barn and gets Jamieson in the bike. (7) SUNSET ART finished second in this class last week and is capable of doing it again. He got a great trip last start and that could occur again.
- 1.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 2.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 3.Posted 12/08/2013 06:24PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM