- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsThoroughbred Past Performances
ReportsPremium NewsDigital PapersHorsemen's Products
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Equibase PPs
- TrackMaster PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- DRF TV
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Expanded Closer Looks
- Equibase & Trackmaster PPs - Thoroughbred
Woodbine Harness: Saturday 3/23 Analysis
Race 4 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (9 - 23 / $31.50): HOLY HALIBUT (9th)
Spot Play: ROCK ME PLEASE (8th)
(5) PAIGING KADABRA came from behind last week and only got beat a nose for the win. This is a short field and I expect the same tactics used. He remains at the same level and is a major contender. (2) MARTINO has proven to be very completive at Kawartha Downs when he behaves himself and makes the move onto this circuit. He comes out of the Allard barn, draws inside and has produced speedy miles in recent starts. (6) GUNGA WIN is fresh off a win at this level and moves into the Fine barn. He has been very consistent this season and remains at same level. He likely won't offer any value.
(3) FULL CIRCLE KING has been racing very well in his few starts. I feel he's races at his best when he's put into the race early and he draws inside. This class is always tough to predict and he may provide a decent price. (6) C MAJOR HANOVER doesn't have the best record this season, but he did finish third in this class last start. He's been racing much better since the addition of lasix and I feel he's capable in here. (7) WHO DEY has a start under his belt since a long layoff and he raced very well last week. I think he can improve off that effort and hit the board.
This is a very competitive race, but I like the way (8) MIKESBROTHERFRANK raced last week. He came first-over and finished a strong third. Trainer Henriksen always has his horses in top form and with a better trip, I think he can find the winner's circle. (7) KENDRA HANOVER got a terrific trip last week and was able to sneak up the rail for the win. She didn't have to work hard during the mile, but she's been very consistent this season and may once again offer a price. (1) LADY AT BAT overcame post eight last week to score the win and now has been assigned the rail. Allard's barn is in top form and I expect to see another top effort.
(3) BARE NECESSITY hasn't won yet this year, but he moves into the Moreau barn and draws much better. He hasn't raced since March 2, which does worry me, but I still feel he's a major threat at this bottom level. (2) MIDNITE ROMP did all the work on the front and tired in deep stretch and had to settle for third. He was hard-used in the early stages and with a cleaner trip, he's very capable of the exactor. (5) INCOGNITO doesn't have the best record this season, but he finished third last week. He went a very good time and with a repeat effort, I like his chances.
(3) WINDSONG HERCULES made up countless ground last week and ran out of real estate and had to settle for second. He draws much better and will likely be the post time favourite. (2) P L DALEY made a break last week for first time trainer Montini. Montini made a bridle and shoeing change and I think that reflected the performance. I'm sure changes will be made and she shows enough speed and talent. (8) BOOGIE WOOGIE drops in class and he is much more competitive in this field. If he doesn't get away too far back, he's capable of finishing with a strong final quarter.
(6) AUTUMN GOTTEM draws much better this week and this will mark his third start back after a layoff. I think he can improve off his previous efforts and he draws better. (8) CHEYENNE MOISHE hasn't missed the board yet this season and is a logical choice for the exactor and triactor. He shows terrific gate-speed, which will likely come into play and I wouldn't expect to see much value. (2) SKY DESPERADO has made steady gains over the past few weeks as he's moved up in class and been competitive. He draws inside and has a very good closing kick.
(7) TOP GEAR moves out of the Preferred and into this class. He receives significant class relief and likely will draws a lot of attention. At this level, he's a major threat. (8) TWIN B IMPRESSIVE has a good record this season and has been very consistent other than last week with his fifth place effort. He comes out of the Moreau barn and has enough speed to be a part of the exactor. (10) MY MAN CHARLEY will have to overcome post 10, but he possesses terrific gate-speed and went a tough trip last week. He certainly has enough speed to be a top contender.
(3) ROCK ME PLEASE got away too far back last week, but draws better this week and is very competitive in this class. I think he'll be forwardly-placed this week and if that happens, I like his chances. (1) CAMS TUX scored the win for new trainer Frey last start and moves up in class. He gets Jamieson back in the bike, which is a plus and draws inside. (5) MODERN XHIBIT likely will attract attention at the windows like last week and his gate-speed will likely come into play. If he's not used too hard off-the-start, I think he's very capable of being a part of the triactor.
(6) HOLY HALIBUT remains at the same level that he won at last week and once again is a top threat. He can race on the front or from behind and has been very consistent this season. (1) AMIGO RANGER is considered a longshot, but I admire his gate-speed and that should put him into terrific position early in the race. I think he can be a part of the exactor with the correct trip. (9) VIMY RIDGE wasn't on his game last start, but has been racing much better in prior efforts. His lack of gate-speed worries me, but he shows enough talent to be able to hit the board.
(5) MILLIONDOLLARTOUCH got away too far back last week from post eight and now drops in class. He has won three of his last four races with fast times and draws much better this week. (1) STOMPIN TOM CREEK also draws much better and shouldn't get away too far back like his last two starts. He's at a level where he's most competitive and may offer a price. (3) BETTORS REWARD is a horse that we don't know much about, but he paced very good miles over at Yonkers and now moves into the Fellows barn. I think this group is easier than at Yonkers and I'm looking for a price.
(4) GD AIRLINER has won three of his last four starts and moves up in class. Allard's barn has been terrific and this horse is very capable even with the class jump. (5) SING FOR ME GEORGE draws much better and drops down in class. He's a major threat in here and has a very good record so far this season. (3) COOL ROCK is a hard closer and draws very well. If they go quick fractions on the front, he's the horse that can pick them off.
This is a very wide-open race, but (6) COLLEGE MAJOR gets major class relief and faces a much easier field. He's won at a much higher level in the past and I'm looking for a rebound effort. (1) YOU BET YOUR GLASS draws inside and likely won't be out of contention at the top of the stretch. He can close really well provided the right trip. (5) IN A CRAZE has hit the board in five of his last six starts. If you're playing the triactor, he's a very good option to consider.