- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Woodbine Harness: Saturday 2/9 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (8 - 18 / $28.80): IDEAL ROMANCE (10th) Spot Play: ILL BE THERE (1st)
(1) ILL BE THERE is back in the same class that he won at two starts ago. He draws inside and enjoys being put into the race. He's classified right and has a good shot to win. (3) HOUSE OF CASH enjoys racing from behind and with an inside spot, I can't see him getting away too far back. Look for him late in the mile. (9) TALE TO TELL drops in class and has enough gate-speed to be well positioned. He may offer a price from the outside post nine.
(2) PACIFIC WESTERN does move up in class, but he's been racing terrific lately and I think he can make the jump. He shows enough speed, draws inside and comes from high-percentage trainer. (4) COLLEGE MAJOR hasn't raced since January 12 and has recently been purchased from the January Mixed Sale at The Meadowlands on January 21. He may need a start, but this is a class that he's very competitive at. (8) GARETH NOURRIR is fresh off a claim and jumps in class. Auciello's barn has been very good as of late and this horse does have the speed and talent to be a part of the triactor.
(8) COOL GUY did all the work last start, tired late in the mile and had to settle for second. He was pressured pretty hard to three-quarters and if he's left along on the lead, I like his chances. (2) BURNIN MONEY had post 10 last week and was almost 13-lenghts back at the half and was beat by less than two for the win. He draws inside and is a major threat. (6) COOK OFF races against the boys in this class and I'm not sure she can find the winner's circle against them. She is a great option to have for the triactor, but I'm not convinced she can win.
(8) AS DUHARAS added lasix for the first time last start and he raced very well. He took the lead in deep stretch, but could not fight off the winner. He shows enough speed to be a factor in here. (5) FANTADDY has a sub-1:50 record, but he certainly hasn't been at his best lately. He posts good final quarters, drops in class and if he's not too far back, he's got a great finishing kick. (10) JUNIOR K may have been my top pick had he drawn inside. He does show gate-speed, which I hope gets used, but I'm not sure he can win from post 10.
(1) MR JOE SIXPACK came first-over last start and earned the front down the stretch, but couldn't fend off WINE PHOTO. He draws inside at the same level and is a very playable horse. (8) ROSE RUN LIMO came from off-the-pace last start to capture the win at the bottom level. He moves up in class and Zeron's barn has been better in the past few weeks.
(5) MIDNITE ROMP drops down in class after finishing third at a higher level. He draws well once again and I wouldn't expect much value. (2) HILARIOUS HALO won in this class two starts ago and draws inside. He comes from the Coleman barn, which shouldn't be overlooked and has consistently been competitive in this class. (8) DRAIN DADDY adds lasix for the first time and is recently purchased by new trainer Vrablic. Her barn has been terrific this year so far and that's another angle why I like this horse.
(6) GRIN FOR MONEY does move up in class but he's fresh off a win and continues to pace in sub-1:52 fashion. That's good enough to win in here. (8) ANDERLECHT is a good option for the exactor. He's won at a higher level in the past and is definitely a factor in this race. (5) SPEED AGAIN raced in the Breeders Crown and Preferred level late last year. He's had a few starts under his belt since his layoff and I'm expecting an even faster mile from him.
(7) PROTEGE SEELSTER had post 10 last start, so I'm going to overlook that race. He's a better horse than he's been showing and this is not a deep field. (5) DUKESTER finally gets some post relief and has been finishing his miles with a lot of trot. I hope he's closer to the front with the better post. (4) BALLYKEEL MIKE is a playable option for third, but I don't think he can win. He got a good, ground saving trip last start and with the same sort of steer, he's playable.
(9) TOP GEAR is back at a level where he won at two starts ago. He's had a terrific start this season and always has his sub-:28 final quarter speed. (7) MYSTICIAN also drops in class and is a major threat at this level. He's a winner of $1.7 million and comes from top connections. (8) FRANCESCHETTI faces tougher horses than in the past in here. I'm not sure he can win, but, by the way he's been racing and finishing his miles, I like him for the triactor.
(4) IDEAL ROMANCE was hard-used to earn the front last start and he still was able to use a :28-second final quarter to finish second. He draws better this week and if the same tactics are used, I like his chances. (1) SAVANNAH SPLENDOR finished third in this class last week and had two previous wins leading up to last week. He draws inside, shows he's competitive in this field and has had a good start to 2013. (6) COOL ROCK is a great option to have for the triactor. He may offer some value and if they go quick fractions up front, he's got a terrific late-closing kick.
(3) KINDLY POET qualified well two starts ago and had a respectable debut since his layoff. He paced his mile in 1:53 2/5 with a :27.2 final quarter. He drops in class and I can see him improving off his last start. Don't forget about his back-class. (5) STONEBRIDGE ON ICE also drops in class and the last time he was at this level, he found the winner's circle. (10) C MAJOR HANOVER does have the gate-speed to overcome post 10, but I'm not sure he can win from that post. I'd expect to see an aggressive steer from Filion.
- 1.Posted 12/05/2013 01:44PM
- 2.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/06/2013 03:20PM
- 4.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM