- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsThoroughbred Past Performances
ReportsPremium NewsDigital PapersHorsemen's Products
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Equibase PPs
- TrackMaster PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Expanded Closer Looks
- Equibase & Trackmaster PPs - Thoroughbred
Woodbine Harness: Saturday 1/5 Analysis
Race 4 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet: INTENSE AMERICA (1st)
Spot Play: WHIPPET GOOD (8th)
(3) INTENSE AMERICA made an uncharacteristic break last start, but I'm going to overlook that. She finally draws inside and I expect her better placed off the gate. She's a top class mare and certainly capable of winning. (4) R RKADABRA also made a break last start. He's a very talented trotter who has been racing very well at this level. He does tend to be inconsistent. (7) ON THE PODIUM had to deal with post 10 last start, which is never easy. With the correct trip, he's certainly worth a look.
(2) LUCKY ENCOUNTER has captured two-straight wins at this level. He draws inside and enjoys being forwardly-placed off the gate. (1) COOL ROCK draws inside and I think he'll make the most of it. He doesn't get off the gate the best, but always has his patented final quarter kick. (8) MCCEDES is classified correctly and after a first and third-place finish in his last two starts at this level, he's a top threat.
(4) GO GO RED MARTY did most of the work last start before fading to fourth. His :56 quick half took its toll on him and with a lighter trip, he can find the winner's circle. (7) AMIGO LOCO might be considered a longshot, but after his recent time of 1:56 4/5, I think he's suited for this class. (8) NATURAL FORCES trotted his last mile in 1:54 3/5. That alone makes him extremely competitive in here. Don't overlook his terrific 2012 season.
(3) BAY OF SHARKS is at the bottom of the condition sheet and with his back-class, he shouldn't go unnoticed. He won at a higher class only six starts ago. (9) HILARIOUS HALO finished second at this level last week and comes from the Coleman barn. He has enough gate-speed to be well positioned. (7) FLIGHT EXEC drops in class and shows enough speed to be a top threat. He usually races from behind, so look for him late.
(1) ROCK ME AMASTREOS might offer value and I'm looking to capitalize. He qualified well at Georgian Downs and whenever he's at this class, he puts his best foot forward. (6) THEPANINSULAHOTEL has a hard time finding the winner's circle, but at this level, you can't overlook him. He's a great option to have for the exactor and triactor. (8) TOP GEAR made his debut in the Vrablic barn a winning one. He moves up in class and should handle the transition. I'm not convinced he can win, but will be competitive.
(8) DUKE OF DONEGAL scored his lifetime best victory last start, while providing excellent value. He led from start to finish and I'm looking for a repeat effort at the same class. (9) FACING JUSTICE was used very hard to make the front last start. He starts from the outside again and with a cleaner trip, he'll be a factor in the outcome of the race. (3) FALCOR BLUESTONE is a horse I'm looking for value on. He hasn't been at his best lately, but he draws inside and has hit the board numerous times in the past in this class.
(5) IN COMMANDO drops out of the Preferred level and should make the most of his opportunity in here. Since coming into the Lindsey barn, he's been terrific and has defeated some very credible older horses. (7) ANDERLECHT also drops out of the Preferred level and posted a win just two starts ago. He tends to be inconsistent and will have to step up at this level. (9) CLIC K draws outside again, but had a terrific 2012 season and raced very well at this level four starts ago.
(3) WHIPPET GOOD is going to be my spot play of the night. He was at this level last week, but had to deal with post 10. He now draws inside and is always a threat at this level, while providing excellent value. (4) ROCK THE WIND was aggressively-driven by Mayotte last start and I hope that happens again. His best stride comes when he's forwardly-placed off the gate. (1) REGAL DELIGHT hasn't been racing at this best lately and I'm looking for that to change. This isn't a deep field and he draws well for top conditioner O'Sullivan.
(7) ARMBRO CHRONICLE finished sixth last start, but was beaten less than three-lengths for the win. He was timed in 1:54 4/5, which makes him very competitive in here along with his $1.7 million back-class. (4) PROTEGE SEELSTER drops in class after a third place finish last week. At this level, he's always competitive and likely will offer a low price. (6) IMMINENT RESPONSE also drops in class and draws in the middle of the gate. He usually offers value while racing at a higher level, but I'm not sure that will happen in here.
(1) BOXCAR was boxed in until the top of the stretch last start and made up countless ground. He won at this level recently and can surely do it again. (2) GOBAN is at a level where he's always competitive. He draws inside this week and enjoys being forwardly-placed. Auciello's barn has been very good in the past few months. (4) BARE NECESSITY continues to improve and race very well. He finished third at this level three starts ago and had a great on-the-board record last season.
(2) WINDFALL BLUE CHIP might offer value, but he has a lot of back-class and debuts on this circuit for new trainer Montini. He was pacing in the 1:51 range on a five-eights mile track and that makes him very competitive in this class. (6) IM FEELIN GOOD has certainly been knocking on the door at this level in his last three starts. He's a great option to have for the exactor and triactor. (8) ROADWAY is a horse we don't know much about, but he comes from the Coleman barn, which means I expect a terrific effort.
(7) BOLD DECISION drops in class and should be very competitive in this field. He's very versatile and trainer Goodwin is a very credible conditioner. (3) STONEBRIDGE ON ICE finished second last week, while providing excellent value. He's at the same level and I'm looking for the same result. (8) JEPSON HANOVER didn't like to win last year, but enjoyed finishing second and third. This class is always tough to predict, but he's a good option to have.