- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Woodbine Harness: Saturday 12/29 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet: GO GO RED MARTY (8th)
Spot Play: TALE TO TELL (5th)
(5) WINDSONG INGENIUS got a perfect trip last week and he responded with a victory. He's won two of his last three starts and is back in the same class. The connections elected to put a claiming price on him to leave him at this level. (8) FACING JUSTICE has won two straight, which is always encouraging. He does move up in class and will have to drop time. I think he can do it with the right trip. (6) CANADIAN WILDCAT has been knocking on the door as of late and that likely will continue in here. He went a very tough trip last week.
(2) IM FEELIN GOOD might be considered a longshot, but this is a fairly wide-open event and he looks as good as anyone else in here. He's always within reach of winning. (8) HARD TO MACH has had a terrific season despite only winning twice. He'll likely need a trip as he finished second in this class last week. (3) REIBERCROMBIE was third last week and draws inside again. Coming from the Coleman barn, you cannot leave him off your triactor wagers.
(4) LAKEFIELD had to deal with post 10 last week, which is never easy. He draws inside, remains at the same level and comes from top connections. He may offer a price. (5) TRAVERSE SEELSTER drops in class and I think he'll appreciate that. He got away very far back last week and if that doesn't happen again, he's got a great shot. (2) MR JOE SIXPACK is fresh off a victory and moves up in class. He won in 1:55 2/5 and that should make him competitive in this class.
(9) MONTE CRISTO drops down in class and despite drawing outside, I think he can find the winner's circle. He doesn't have the best gate-speed, but always shows terrific final quarters. I hope he doesn't get away too far back. (6) VISIBLE GOLD finished third in this class last week after a great trip. I'm looking for a better finish. (5) ODYSSEUS BLUECHIP did all the work last start before fading to second. He moves up in class, but it's not a deep field.
(6) TALE TO TELL has been terrific in his last pair of starts. This class really suits him and he's provided value both of his last two starts. (3) MIDFIELD MAGIC raced very well last week. I hope he's aggressively-driven again as he draws inside. (5) DUKE OF DONEGAL has not been on his game lately, so I'm looking for a better effort. When he behaves himself, he's a top threat.
(8) THEPANINSULAHOTEL drops down in class and still will likely offer value. I had a tough time handicapping this race, but he has a lot of back-class in this field. (1) ALED HANOVER also lowers in class and has been given the rail. I can't see him getting away ninth this week like his previous start. (3) C MAJOR HANOVER is fresh off a victory, which is very attractive. I'm not sure he can make it two-straight, but he comes from a respectable trainer and he draws inside.
(3) FLIGHT EXEC gets major class relief and he's certainly due for a win. He doesn't like to leave, so my only concern is him getting away too far back. (7) BLACKBIRD SINGING has been knocking on the door lately and that may continue in here. He's got a good on-the-board record this season and likely will provide value. (4) HIGH NOON is fresh off a win by four lengths. His gate speed is very attractive and the same tactics as last start will likely get used.
(8) GO GO RED MARTY has had some time off and showed a very encouraging mile to finish second in his first start off the shelf. He has his legs under him now and can only improve off last week's effort. (9) ROAD SENSE has had a solid 2012 season and finished second in this class last week. He enjoys racing on or near the front and I hope that happens again from post nine. (6) DUKESTER has finished third more times than any other horse in this race. He finished third in this class last week and it may happen again.
(5) MACH DREAMER led from start to finish last week to capture the win while providing a solid return. He used a terrific :26 4/5 final quarter to seal the deal and the same result could happen again with a similar trip. (2) SPARKY MARK made the jump last week to the top class and finished a respectable second. He dropped time and will be a top pick in here by most handicappers. He's won at this level in the past many times. (7) CASIMIR JITTERBUG has a very good top three record this season for O'Sullivan. I'm not convinced he can win, but I think he's a good option to have for exactor/triactor wagers.
(4) SING FOR ME GEORGE is very lightly-raced this season and put forth his best effort of the season. Maybe he's back to his old form that saw him post a 4-3-0 record from 10 starts as a rookie. (6) SUNDAY POKER is always competitive in this class. He raced well from behind or near the front. You can't count him out of any exactor or triactor options. (7) LIFEIMITTATESART was hard used to get to the front last week. He's always a threat at this level, but needs the correct trip.
(2) HILARIOUS HALO comes from the Coleman barn and debuts for the first time on this circuit for her. That's my primary reason for my selection. Coleman has a terrific percentage for first-time starters on this oval. (9) SPARTACUS JIM might be considered a longshot pick, but he's had a solid 2012 season and this is the bottom class. (10) THE LADIES MAN has had some time off and showed a good final-quarter in his return. He can only get better off that.
- 1.Posted 12/11/2013 03:00PM
- 2.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/11/2013 03:32PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 07:22PM