- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Woodbine Harness: Saturday 12/22 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet: MODERN LEGEND (10th)
Spot Play: REIBERCROMBIE (2nd)
(1) NORTHERN SPARK has had a decent 2012 campaign and raced strong last week considering he had the nine hole. He has been blessed with the rail in here. (3) MASTER BUILDER doesn't have the best record this season, but he raced very well last week. He was only beaten two lengths for the win. (5) CHUCKALO CADEN may be considered a longshot, but he trotted a very strong mile last week to finish third. He shows enough speed to be competitive at this level.
I'm looking for a better effort from (1) REIBERCROMBIE. He didn't perform as expected last week, but the week before we scored a convincing win. (5) HARD TO MACH drops in class and I think he can benefit from it. He comes from a top conditioner and likely will offer a low price. (3) CAMAES FELLOW did all the work last week en route to victory. He was due for a win and he got it.
(5) IMA MAGICIAN TOO was been racing very strongly in his last four starts. I didn't pick him last week and he was really impressive. He continues to get better with each start and can handle the jump in class. (8) O U SEXY GUY had to deal with post 10 last week, so I'm going to overlook that raceline. If the fractions are honest, I like his chances to get a piece. (9) CANADIAN WILDCAT has had a respectable campaign and has the gate-speed to overcome post nine.
(7) C MAJOR HANOVER came from far back last week to finish third, using a :26 3/5 final quarter. That sets him up very well for this event. (8) ROLLEM UP is coming into this race with two-straight wins. He's got good gate-speed and should be a factor. (5) ODYSSEUS BLUECHIP was my top selection last week and he finished fourth, using a solid :26 4/5 final frame. He draws well and I'm looking for a better trip and effort.
(9) INTENSE AMERICA was taken to the back last week by Filion and I can't see that happening again. She's got tremendous speed and with the correct trip, she should be a top candidate in here. (4) SOUTHWIND WARSAW lit up the tote-board last week with his impressive win. He draws well again and I expect a similar trip. (10) ON THE PODIUM finished with a lot more trot last week after making a bridle change to Swedish Blinds. I only wish he drew better.
(2) SMARTER YET caught a lot of handicappers off guard with his win last week. He scored a comfortable win with a very good final quarter. He moves slightly up in class, but I think he can handle it. (4) JEPSON HANOVER finished second to SMARTER YET last week and I think he can do it again from another good post. (9) STONEBRIDGE ON ICE found the winner's circle last week for Saftic. He had some time off and looks like he's rounding back into form.
(3) WORLD AWAY has been racing very strongly in his last number of starts. He drops in class, has a good post and should be a major factor in the outcome of this race. (1) MY MAN CHARLEY impressed a lot of people with his win last week. He was very aggressively-driven by Davis and the same tactics may get used again from another inside post. (2) FANTADDY raced very well last week, considering it was his first start off the shelf. He can only improve off that effort.
(7) HOMER JAY came from very far back last week to finish second. He draws a little bit better and drops in class. (5) GUILTYWITHANEXCUSE has a very good record this season from 27 starts. Coming from the Moreau barn, you can't count him out. (4) ARMBRO CHRONICLE is the class-horse of the field with $1.7 million in earnings. He's had some time off and is rounding into form.
(3) SUNDAY POKER was parked to the quarter last week in a sizzling :25 3/5. That took a lot out of him and with a cleaner trip at this same class, he should show a much improved effort. If (10) LIFEIMITTATESART would have drawn better, he likely would have been my top selection. He doesn't show the best gate-speed, but hasn't missed the board at this level in several weeks. (1) SING FOR ME GEORGE drops in class and should benefit from it. He's lightly-raced this season and shows enough speed to be a threat for the triactor.
(5) MODERN LEGEND raced very well last week and it was no surprise that he found the winner's circle. He's overcome an injury, which sidelined him for most of the season and is back to old form. His record speaks for itself. (7) CASIMIR JITTERBUG needed racing room last week and couldn't find any. That only sets him up better for this week. (4) SPARKY MARK also missed some time this year and has put a pair of consecutive wins together. He draws inside and has won at this level many times before.
The last time (1) LEAFS AND WINGS was at this level, he found the winner's circle after sitting 10th at the half. He's got the rail and can dictate his own trip. (8) OVERCARD got parked to the quarter last week in :26 1/5. With a cleaner trip, he's very competitive in this class. (6) HIGH NOON doesn't have a good record this season, but O'Sullivan's barn has been very good all year. He came first-over last week and that wasn't successful. I'm looking for a different trip.
- 1.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 2.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 3.Posted 12/08/2013 06:24PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM