- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPs
ReportsPremium NewsDigital PapersHorsemen's Products
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Equibase PPs
- TrackMaster PPs
- Using Timeform Ratings
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- Learn to Play
- History of Horseracing
- How to read PPs
- How to use EasyForm
- How to use Formulator
- How to use TicketMaker
- Beyer Speed Figures
- Moss Pace Figures
- Using Race Shape Symbols
- Using Timeform Ratings
- BreezeFigs Handicapping
- Wagering and Winning
- Harness Night School
- Point of Call Index
- 3-Year Best Time Chart
- DRF TV
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Expanded Closer Looks
- Equibase & Trackmaster PPs - Thoroughbred
Woodbine Harness: Saturday 10/24 Analysis
Race 4 - $100,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Race 9 - $100,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Race 13 - Mandatory Jackpot Hi-5 Payout ($557,274 C/O)
20-CENT PICK 5: 3,6,7/3/5/1,2/ALL = $12
EARLY PICK 4: 1,2/4,5,10/3,7/1,2,3 = $36
LATE PICK 4: 4,5/1,2,3,4,5,6,8,9/2,4,6/3 = $48
20-CENT Jackpot Hi-5 tickets:
2,4/2,4/1,3,5,6,11/1,3,5,6,11/ALL = $64
2,4/1,3,5,6,11/2,4/1,3,5,6,11/ALL = $64
MEET STATS: 37 - 121 / 181.80 BEST BETS: 5 - 10 / $15.20
SPOT PLAYS: 3 - 11 / 30.30
Best Bet: ALWAYS B MIKI (12th)
Spot Play: SKIPPIN BY (10th)
(6) D ONE has been sensational in every start in North America except one (and she broke on that occasion). Miller got to test drive her in a win at The Red Mile. She'll be tough to beat here if she stays flat. (3) CLASSIC MARTINE tuned up for this last week with a win in open company. The recency edge won't hurt and she seems better now than earlier in the season. (7) SHAKE IT CERRY hasn't been as good this year as last season when she won 15 of 17 and $1.25 million but she almost beat the boys last time in the Dayton Trotting Derby and is another that is improving at the right time. (4) CHARMED LIFE has 10 slices in 17 starts and is a good one for the bottom of exotic wagers.
(3) PURE COUNTRY is yet to be beaten and her strong first-over win last week did nothing to suggest that streak will be broken tonight; top call. (1) DARLINONTHEBEACH rode the choice's cover to a 2nd-place finish and there's a good chance she'll complete the exacta again. (5) YANKEE MOONSHINE motored past her foes late but had a pretty easy trip. She could be overbet here and create value for those siding with the two above. (4) LYONS RIVER PRIDE set a strong pace vs. the choice and held on for 3rd. She could crash the tri or even exacta here with the right trip.
(5) SOUTHWIND FRANK has won 10 of 11 and seems to be getting stronger and faster as the season progresses. He looks like a pick 5 single at a very low price. (6) LAGERFELD was 2nd to the choice at The Red Mile and has hit the exacta 8 of 9 times so far. He should be prominent throughout. (1) MUSCLES FOR LIFE is capable of better than he showed last week and the improved post gives him a chance to hit the ticket at a big price. (3) MARION MARAUDER has finished 2nd to the choice three times recently and could better this placing, obviously.
(1) DIVINE CAROLINE rocketed off stalling cover last week and powered away from her foes with ease. She has hit her best form at the perfect time and will be tough to beat here. (2) BETTOR BE STEPPIN was too far back while a slow pace was being carved out last week. She should be closer here and could upset the choice; don't discount. (3) SOLAR SISTER was cleverly driven to victory by McNair last week. Her good tactical speed and ability to take air and keep advancing makes her a threat. (9) STACIA HANOVER is one to consider for the exotics that should be a big price. She will be passing horses late.
(4) ALL THE TIME was an easy winner last week aided by a slow 2nd 1/4. She looks tough here but keep in mind there are unlikely to be any similar breathers here in the final. (10) CAPRICE HILL couldn't reach the winner or even get close but should be much more aggressively driven here and will now be a better price. (5) HAUGHTY rolled by late in a strange elim that featured several late breakers and a very slow final 1/4. Her unbeaten record is in peril here facing better. (7) KATHY PARKER has yet to miss the board and is a good one to toss on triactor bets at a big price.
(7) MISSION BRIEF simply went out too fast early last time and was picked off late by the pocket-sitter in the Kentucky Filly Futurity. That mistake is unlikely to be repeated here but if it is, (3) WILD HONEY would again be the benefactor. The rest look like they are racing for 3rd and Buckette winner (4) SPEAK TO ME will probably complete the smallest triactor payoff of the night.
(3) CONTROL THE MOMENT may not have been his sharpest last week but he showed some grit and got the job done. He has already shown he has sub-1:50 speed and driver Waples has been flawless in big races all summer and fall; top call. (1) RACING HILL is unbeaten in October and is the 'now' horse in the division. He is the main threat to the choice. (2) SPIDER MAN HANOVER threw down a 27 flat third 1/4 last week and felt the effects of that move down the lane. He could threaten here if given a more patient drive. (5) AMERICAN PASSPORT was a bit of a disappointment last week off a good following trip. He should make the Superfecta here nonetheless.
(1) PINKMAN has won virtually every top race for 3YO's already this season comes into this final sharp, draws a good post and has one of the world's best drivers. That likely all adds up to a short-priced win. (6) FRENCH LAUNDRY was excellent winning the Buckette in track record time on Jug day and followed that up with a good effort vs. the choice. He appears to be in peak form and can complete the Takter exactor. (5) THE BANK set an insane pace in the Kentucky Futurity and paid the price late. He is another of Takter's four entries that all could figure in the outcome. (2) LOOKSLIKEACHPNDALE is a local entry that has raced great recently in all but the Canadian Trotting Classic (where he broke). He is a bomb to consider for the bottom of exotic wagers.
(4) FREAKY FEET PETE was phenomenal last week going first up and coasting home while pacing his back 1/2 in 53 flat. He will be tough to beat here with any reasonable trip. (5) ARTSPEAK blasted home impressively to get up right on the line but the pace of his elimination was much slower than the choice's and he may not have the same zip late if forced to keep up to quicker fractions. (3) WAKIZASHI HANOVER - the North America Cup winner - was outsprinted last week after getting things all his own way early. He too will likely have trouble with the streaking choice who simply may just be too fast for these at the moment. (10) ARTISTIC MAJOR closed strongly behind the choice last week for 2nd but is obviously hurt by post position here. Still, in his current form, he could crash the exotics at a huge price.
In what looks like the most wide-open race of the night, I'm going to swing for the fences with (3) SKIPPIN BY. This filly seems to be improving at the right time and could get a sweet following trip up near the front. Best of all, she'll be a huge price. (9) VENUS DELIGHT comes into this fresh after taking a break following her Milton Stakes win but she will need to work out a trip starting from out there. (4) ANDROVETTE has a history of coming up huge on the biggest stage and can't be dismissed. (1) COLORS A VIRGIN beat the choice last time and retains Miller. She's another contender in a race filled with mares that have a shot.
(2) RESOLVE was forced to make a move around the far turn in the Maple Leaf Trot that benefitted winner Bee A Magician who rode his cover home. This improving trotter comes into this race fresh and will likely be third choice. He can make amends here. (4) BEE A MAGICIAN had no shot in the Yonkers International the way her trip played out and did well to only lose by 4 lengths considering how much ground she lost. She's the one to beat. (6) CREATINE did all the roadwork in the International Trot but fell prey to the pocket-sitter's passing lane attack late. He can win this. (5) INTIMIDATE is known for upsetting in races like these and can't be totally discounted.
(3) ALWAYS BE MIKI was sensational last week winning under wraps while coming home in 53 2/5. Remarkably, he has returned from a second major injury in top form and is likely just too good for these. (8) J K ENDOFANERA motored home himself last week while finishing a strong second. So long as he isn't compromised by a bad trip, he should complete the exacta here. (2) MACH IT SO had trouble keeping up to the choice late last week but he could get a following trip here and make the ticket at a good price. (4) FOILED AGAIN won for only the second time this year with an impressive first-up move and it appears he is happy the weather is getting colder again. He could better this placing.
(2) TOPCORNERTERROR won in a new life's mark two back then was claimed by Moreau. Back in 7 days he is a big threat to take this. (4) THE PANINSULAHOTEL drops in class and gets a positive driver switch. He should be prominent throughout. (3) HUNCH MAN was just behind a destructive duel last week which did him no favors when those horses tired. He should get a good share here. (1) CRAFTY MASTER improved in his second start back and he should get a better position early here which will help him grab a check. (5) ROCK ME AMASTREOS was nailed very late in the mile last week but has been racing well and can grab a minor share here even with the class rise.