- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsThoroughbred Past Performances
ReportsPremium NewsDigital PapersHorsemen's Products
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Equibase PPs
- TrackMaster PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Expanded Closer Looks
- Equibase & Trackmaster PPs - Thoroughbred
Woodbine Harness: Monday 5/20 Analysis
Race 4 - $75,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (25 - 45 / $86.50): SEE AND SKI (7th)
Spot Play: GRANTOR HANOVER (4th)
(1) MONARCH SEELSTER has won two of his last three along with five wins on the season, the most in this field. He draws inside and has a terrific record this season. (6) PERFECT VACATION is classified accordingly by trainer Moreau as he moves back onto this circuit. He's won three of his last four and is a top contender in this lower level. (4) FAMOUS MARK gets Jamieson in the bike once again and has hit the board in his last two of three starts at this level. He draws well and is very versatile.
(4) POINTSMAN was too far back last week in his season debut, but he closed very well to finish second. He draws well once again and should be better placed for MacDonald. (9) ONTARIO SUCCESS has been assigned the outside post nine, but shows gate-speed. He qualified very well with a solid final frame. (2) STOLEN THUNDER might be considered a longshot, but McNair's stable has been very good since shipping north from Florida. He'll have to improve, but he draws well and will look for a trip.
(4) MAVEN ended off her sophomore campaign with a victory in the Breeders Crown and American National. She has posted a pair of solid qualifying miles and appears like she's capable of taking on the sports’ top older trotting mares. (5) ONE MORE GINNY made a miscue last week, which I'm going to overlook. It's very uncharacteristic of her. She certainly has the speed and this will be her toughest test of her career. (3) FRENCHFRYSNVINEGAR will compete against the mares for the first time this season and is a two-time O'Brien Award winner. She doesn't appear to be on her game, but she's always a threat when racing against her own kind.
(5) GRANTOR HANOVER drew outside last week and was a non-factor. He draws better this week and should receive a better trip. He shows enough talent and I'm looking for a price. (9) TAURANGA raced very well last week to score the win. He does move up in class and draws outside, which he'll have to overcome. (4) TWIN B FAMOUS is also fresh off a win and moves up in class. He draws inside and with a repeat effort, I feel he's capable of being top three. This is a great betting race with a wide-open field.
(3) GALLANT SEELSTER will make his first start of the season after a good qualifying event. This is a wide-open race, but he draws inside and comes out of the McNair barn. (4) SEA HARRIER came from off-the-pace last week and finished a strong third. He closed well and can only be better in his second start of the season. (6) FIERCE DESIRE is a good option to consider for the triactor. He was locked in down the stretch and needed racing room. He comes out of the McIntosh barn and Waples will likely once again look for the pocket trip.
(3) WATKINS did all the work last week before fading to third in deep stretch. He's usually not on the front and McNair will likely look to cover him up this week. He's very consistent this season and very capable. (6) BURNIN MONEY has a terrific record this season and has quickly risen to be a top trotter on this circuit. He's very versatile and has displayed enough speed. He's got the quickest speed badge this season. (8) NOWUCIT NOWUDONT has also had a very successful campaign and finished second in this class week. He'll likely race from off-the-pace.
(5) SEE AND SKI has been highly-touted by his trainer Coleman. He's being pointed toward the North America Cup and won last week with ease. (9) COUGAR HALL hasn't missed the board yet this season and likely will race from behind. He's well bred and comes out of the Gillis barn. (1) URBANITE HANOVER is also 'Cup' eligible and comes out of The Diplomat series. He draws well, has gate-speed and will face another tough test.
(5) ROCKIN WITH DEWEY was aggressively-driven last week by Baillargeon in the Celias Counsel final. She trotted a very strong mile and with any type of repeat effort she should be able to win this non-winners of two level. (3) MONEY MAVEN doesn't like to win, but is a good option for the exactor. He enjoys racing from behind and quick speed up front only helps. (10) P L FAIRLADY has been assigned post 10 once again, but shows quick gate-speed. That will likely be utilized and hopefully she doesn't have to work too hard to earn the front.
(6) UMBRAGE HANOVER hasn't hit the board in both his career starts, but I feel he'll improve with the better post. He was used hard last week to earn the front (:26 2/5) and should receive a better trip this week. (9) MANCHESTER has had many opportunities to win and has failed to do so. He's finished second in his last two outings and will have to overcome post nine. (7) FUDGE raced well in his first start of the season from a post 10 start. He's a factor once again with a better post for McIntosh.
(6) BEATGOESONHANOVER has won three straight and looks like the horse to beat in this field. She's very versatile and Norman's barn has been solid so far this season. (1) CEDAR DOVE will make her first start of the season and qualified very well at The Meadowlands. She draws inside and is ready to drop time for Pierce. (7) DORSAY has a perfect one-for-one to start the season and looks like she's ready to take on the best older trotting mares this season. She drew outside, but possesses gate-speed and should be well positioned early.
(1) EVENIN OF PLEASURE went a very speedy qualifier and looks like he's ready to win his seasonal debut. He's eligible to the 'Cup' so the connections feel confident in his ability. He should be able to win at this level. (5) BROCKS FORTUNE won at this level last week and draws better. He has terrific gate-speed and should get consideration. (10) ELLIS PARK hit the board in six of eight starts last season and should be considered in here. He posted a pair of winning qualifying efforts and although he has a post 10 start, he certainly is a factor with his record.
(5) SCOTT ROCKS continues to improve and hasn't missed the board in five starts this season. He should get a lot of consideration in this class. (8) BETTER THAN YOU debuts on lasix and has been racing very well in his two starts this season. He's well bred and comes out of the O'Sullivan barn. (3) SHARK FANTASY draws inside and although he doesn't like to win, he's a good option to consider for the triactor. He closes well and enjoys racing from behind.