- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsThoroughbred Past Performances
ReportsPremium NewsDigital PapersHorsemen's Products
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Equibase PPs
- TrackMaster PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- DRF TV
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Expanded Closer Looks
- Equibase & Trackmaster PPs - Thoroughbred
Woodbine Harness: Monday 4/22 Analysis
Race 4 - $75,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (15 - 32 / $50.20): BELLE BOYD (2nd)
Spot Play: SEA DEUCE (12th)
(5) URBANITE HANOVER competed in the Breeders Crown final last season and therefore should be able to handle this group after a pair of qualifiers to start the season. He was timed in 1:50 4/5 last year. (4) AVATARTIST raced well last week, but I'm looking for a better effort. This will be his third start of the campaign and I'm looking for a more aggressive steer. (10) IGOTYOURCRAZY should offer a price and raced very well last week from an outside post to finish second. He draws outside again, but with the right trip, I think he's capable of being top two.
(7) BELLE BOYD is the horse to beat in this race after sweeping the Blossom Series and remaining undefeated in four starts this season. (3) MARQUISE DE SARAH has finished runner-up to BELLE BOYD in two of her last three starts. She draws inside and has a good record this season. (2) HILARIOUS HAYLEY had a good record last year and posted an encouraging qualifier. She draws well and showed last year that she has enough speed.
(2) CLASSIC GENT remains undefeated in nine starts this season and swept the Youthful Series. He continues to improve on this circuit and draws inside. (7) ROCKIN WIZARD is regally-bred, remains undefeated in four starts and comes out of the McIntosh barn. This is a short field, but very competitive. (1) VARADERO HANOVER wasn't pacing the best in the Youthful final so I would expect to see trainer Moreau make some equipment changes. He draws inside in this event and I expect to see him be better in just his third start of the season.
(5) GOTTA GO HANOVER was my top pick last start and he got locked-in until late. I think Christoforou will give him a more aggressive drive in his third start over this oval. (8) PACIFIC WESTERN has a good on-the-board record this season and gets Jamieson back in the bike. Last week he simply got away too far back. (1) FLYING INSTRUCTOR draws the rail, comes out of the Moreau barn and finished third in this class last week. He can be inconsistent at times and may need the right trip.
(5) STAR RUFFNREADY finished second in this class last week after receiving a great trip and being timed in 1:53 4/5. He's winless this season so far but this class much better suits him. (7) WINDSONG HERCULES raced very well last week to find the wire first in 1:54 4/5. He tends to be inconsistent, but hard to overlook that impressive effort last week. (8) CANBEC FRIDOLIN did all the work on the front last week before tiring in deep stretch. He's a good option to consider for the triactor.
(6) BAD BOY HILL competed at the top level in the provincial sires stakes program last season and appears to have returned very well this season after a solid qualifying effort. He draws in the middle of the gate and I think he's ready to win first start back. (9) LUCKY JOURNAL did all the work in qualifying effort, but had to settle for second, timed in 1:56 3.5 with a :27 4/5 final frame. I feel he's also very capable in his first start of the season. (10) SI SEMALU was the favourite last week in this maiden level and has to settle for third. He draws outside, but I feel he's a good option for the triactor. I'm not confident he can win from a post 10 start.
(6) BURNING SHORE remains a perfect two-for-two to start the season and won at this level last week. He's the obvious choice for many horseplayers. (8) COUGAR HALL scored the win last week in her second career start, but was very 'green' in doing so. She moves up in class, certainly has enough speed and comes out of a top barn. (9) SMART IDEA finished third in this class last week and has a good record this season. He's a good option to consider for third.
(4) DREYDL HANOVER make a break last week, but was timed in 1:52 2/5 the start before, which was his first dash of the season. If he can return to that form, I feel he's a top contender. (2) CRAVEN THE BEACH got a terrific second-over trip last week to finish third. I feel he can only improve in his second start on this surface and he draws well once again. (7) TRAUMATIZED make a break in the Youthful Final behind the gate and went a good mile considering. At this level, he has enough potential, but will need the right trip.
(9) BROCKS FORTUNE was very impressive last start with a comfortable win in 1:54 2/5. He does move up in class and draws outside, but I feel he's still very capable of winning. He shows terrific gate-speed and used an impressive :27 final frame last week to win. (6) MAJOR GRACE finished second, by a nose, last start and was timed in 1:51 4/5. He comes out of the claiming ranks and any type of repeat effort and he has to be considered. (3) ROAD UNTRAVELED was assigned post nine last week and came from off-the-pace to finish third. He draws inside in the same class and should attract some attention.
(3) HESGOTLEGS moves back into the top class after setting a new lifetime best in his latest. The start before, in this class, he finished seventh, but was hard-used from post 10. He draws much better and may not go off as the favourite. (4) TAKE MY PICTURE has been very good in recent weeks and draws well at this high level. He's got a great record this season and although this is a short field, it's very competitive in my opinion. (2) WATKINS has received a perfect, pocket-trip in four of his last six starts and it could very well happen again with a post two start. He's been consistent this season in this class and is a obvious choice for the triactor.
(2) AUTUMN GOTTEM drew outside last week to finish second and this week he draws inside at the same level. He's finished on the board in each of his last three starts including a win. (7) SAVANNAH SPLENDOR got a great trip last week and capitalized. He remains at the same level and has only missed the board twice this season from seven starts. (5) GAVINS DESIGNER finished fourth last week in this class after winning three-straight. He's got a terrific record this season and comes out of Johnson's barn.
(6) SEA DEUCE might provide a price, but he's due for his second career victory. This race is tough to predict, but with the right trip, I feel he has enough speed to win. (8) BAD BOY MATT raced very well last week as he came from off-the-pace to finish fourth with a :27 final frame. He's certainly a factor in this class. Although with n outside post, (10) BERKSHIRE BEAR is a top competitor in here. I only hope that Moiseyev uses his gate-speed unlike last week. If he's put into the race early, I like his chances.