- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsThoroughbred Past Performances
ReportsPremium NewsDigital PapersHorsemen's Products
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Equibase PPs
- TrackMaster PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Expanded Closer Looks
- Equibase & Trackmaster PPs - Thoroughbred
Woodbine Harness: Monday 3/18 Analysis
Race 4 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (9 - 23 / $31.50): FRENCHFRYSNVINEGAR (3rd) Spot Play: SEA DEUCE (10th)
(1) GAVINS DESIGNER has been racing very consistently in this class and now moves into the Johnson stable. He draws inside and has a good on-the-board record this season. (3) R ES ART draws inside and I expect his gate-speed to come into play. He found the winner's circle last week and is a major threat in here. (8) FIRE UP THE MACH might be considered a longshot, but I feel he's capable of being top three. He's been hard-used in his last few starts and if he comes from off-the-pace, I like his chances even more.
(3) POPPYS BUCKY BOY has won two straight races in this class and is a major threat once again. He came first-over both races and fought his way to victory. He draws inside once again and gets Zeron in the bike. (7) TWIN B WRANGLER has been racing very consistent and once again is a major contender in here. This is a short field and he's very versatile and likely will attract a lot of attention. (4) ATOKA MILLIONAIRE might be considered a longshot, but he got locked in along the pylons and found the winner's circle the week before. He comes out of the O'Sullivan barn and draws well.
(5) FRENCHFRYSNVINEGAR went gate-to-wire last start and draws well once again. This is a short field, but very competitive and very deep in talent. I expect her gate-speed to come into play and be the post time favourite. (1) WATKINS has received a pair of terrific trips from McNair and once again he's very competitive in this field. He draws the rail and I expect him to be forwardly-placed. (7) BURNIN MONEY has a terrific on-the-board record this season with a solid final quarter kick. This short field only increases his chances.
(1) ROCKIN WIZARD comes out of the McIntosh barn and is regally-bred. This will mark his first career start and after a very good qualifier, I think he's capable of winning. (6) FOLK ART finished second in his first start back last week and I think he's capable once again. He has terrific gate-speed and that will likely come into play as he begins from post six. (4) MANCHESTER has finished third in his last two starts and draws well. He comes out of the Vrablic barn, which has been terrific so far in 2013.
(6) PAPPYS PAL is the obvious choice in here, in my opinion. He finished first and second in his last two starts at this class and is very capable once again. (2) TEMPO SEELSTER is fresh off a very good qualifying effort and draws inside. He may need a start, but he does come out of the Jamieson barn and they are usually ready at first asking. (5) SHARK FANTASY came first-over last start and managed to finish third. He's finished third in his last two starts and may offer a price. Although, I don't think he can win, he's a good option for the exactor.
(5) BAX OF LIFE likely will be the post time favourite and deserves to be. She gets significant class relief and will look for her first victory of the season. She can race on or near the front or from off-the-pace. (8) GO GO RED MARTY didn't put in the best effort last week, but has been very consistent so far this season. He has enough speed to be very competitive in here and comes out of the Moreau barn. (10) HESGOTLEGS probably has the quickest gate-speed in this field and that will likely come into play as he begins from post 10. If he's not roughed up to hard to earn the front, I like his chances.
(2) RASHABEC cruised to victory last week and did it in comfortable fashion. He draws inside and remains at the same level. I feel he's the horse to beat. (4) DUKE DID IT does have very good gate-speed, but can be inconsistent at times. If he gets a clean trip, I think he can be a player in deep stretch. (9) CARDINAL ZIN might be considered a longshot, but he comes out of the Moreau barn and won at this level two starts ago. If he can overcome post nine, I think he's very playable.
(6) ROSE RUN JERIAH went a very fast mile at Buffalo Raceway and enters the bottom level on this circuit. He adds lasix and I think he can drop significant time provided the right trip. (8) NOW YOU SEE HIM comes out of the Auciello barn which has been better in recent weeks. He certainly has enough speed, but will need the trip as he begins from post eight. (1) CELEBRITY COWBOY finally draws inside and I think he's very capable. I can't see him getting away too far back and always posts a solid final quarter.
(9) JEREMES GENERAL has put together a pair of good efforts as he'll make just his third lifetime start. He does draw post nine, but shows gate-speed and I feel he's ready to win at this maiden class. (3) CHROME SEELSTER raced very well last start considering he had post nine and used a :27 4/5 final quarter to finish fourth. He draws much better and should receive a better trip and I think he's capable. (4) WHOSURPOLEBOY was racing at the bottom level at Flamboro and has a pair of wins under his belt. The horse is confident, draws inside and I think he can provide higher odds and be top three.
(1) SEA DEUCE gets Zeron back in the bike and the pair scored a very impressive victory two starts ago. Speed isn't a factor for this horse and if he's put into the race early, I like his chances. (2) DALLAS SEELSTER has a good on-the-board record this season and has been receiving good post positions. At this level he's very competitive and I wouldn't expect to see much value. (5) SMART IDEA captured the win in his first start of the season and moves up in class. I'm not convinced he can win at first asking at non-winners of two, but is a good option to consider for the triactor.
(6) GEORGE JETTISON will have to produce a better effort to find the winner's circle, but he is capable. He went a very tough trip last week past a very fast half and it took its toll on him in deep stretch. He likely will provide value and this isn't a deep field. (4) ORILLIA JOE has a good on-the-board record this season and draws well. He posts terrific final quarters and I think he's a major threat in this class. (9) HOT ART got roughed up going to the quarter last week and affected the outcome of the race, but has been fairly consistent prior to last week. He'll have to overcome post nine, but does have the gate-speed and has been top three in the past in this class.