- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Woodbine Harness: Monday 2/25 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (8 - 19 / $28.80): GO GO RED MARTY (6th)
Spot Play: P L FASTSTRIKE (7th)
(3) TALE TO TELL faces a much easier group of horses at this level and he draws well. He certainly has enough speed to win and is very versatile. (1) STRONG HOPE is fresh off a win and remains at the same level. He draws inside and once again should be a top threat. (9) MASTER BUILDER exploded in deep stretch last week to score the win. If he drew better, he likely would have been my top selection. Overcoming post 10 is not easy.
(4) CHEYENNE MOISHE has won two straight since moving into the Montini stable based on a private purchase. Last week he finished his mile very strong with a comfortable score. (2) HOT ART was a longshot winner last week and now has won two-straight. He draws inside again and I feel he's a major threat. (5) IRON N STEEL tends to be inconsistent, but he raced very well last week. Any type of repeat effort and he can be a part of the triactor.
(3) DOLCE DUCCI has been knocking on the door at this level and is due for a win. He came first-over last week and was beaten by less than a length for the win. With a better trip, he's capable. (2) SUGAR VALLEY ALLEY drops in class and is a major contender at this level. I'm looking for a better effort from him and Montini's barn has been terrific as of late. (9) CON BRIO HALL is fairly consistent and has been a part of the triactor in both his last two starts. Post 10 is my only concern because he doesn't show the best gate-speed.
(3) PAPPYS PAL cleared to the front last week and was only beaten by a neck for the win. He draws well again and I'm expecting another top effort. (5) ASLAN has been racing very consistent at this level and that should continue. He's been finishing his miles very well lately and is certainly worth a look. (2) MAJOR MOVES was very hard-used last week and got away too far back two starts ago. With the right trip, he shows enough speed and may offer a price.
(3) SURPRIZEMEAGAIN is the obvious choice after winning two-straight races in this class. He draws well once again and the same tactics will likely occur. (9) FRESH HERB drops in class and won at a higher level just six starts ago. At this level, he's certainly a factor. (2) MY FELLA is the veteran of the field and hasn't been at his best in recent weeks. I expect to see an aggressive steer from MacDonald.
(1) GO GO RED MARTY has been racing terrific since moving into the Moreau stable. He won at this level last week and has a great record so far this season. Don't expect to see any value. (10) HESGOTLEGS has terrific gate-speed and is capable of overcoming post 10. He's been racing very well so far in 2012 and may offer a price from post 10. (5) STRUCTURE FIRE moves up in class, but I think he can handle the transition. He's got good gate-speed and I think he'll be well positioned in the early going.
(3) P L FASTSTRIKE hasn't won yet this season, but raced well last week for Fellows. This is the second start for him since the claim and I'm looking for a better effort. (5) HIGHLAND BOREAS left the gate last week then came first-over and tired in deep stretch. With a cleaner trip, he's capable of being a part of the exactor. (2) MCJESTIC might be considered a longshot, but he draws inside and this class suits him very well. He'll have to step up his game and will need the right trip.
This is a very competitive race, but I selected (7) DEFINE THE WORLD. He won at this level last start and has been racing terrific so far in 2013. He's got the back-class and has won at this level multiple times. (1) FRENCHFRYSNVINEGAR got a terrific trip last week and was unable to win. She draws the rail and Oliver can dictate the trip. (6) DELCREST JULIAN scored a very convincing win last week with a solid final quarter. If he minds his manners, you cannot overlook him.
(9) MODERN XHIBIT was an easy winner at Western Fair and now returns to this circuit. He's a major threat at this level and will look to continue his winning ways. (3) SKY MCFLY might be considered a longshot, but he drops in class and faces a much easier group. I hope he's pushed off-the-gate by Mayotte. (4) HIDDEN POTENTIAL has taken to the back last week and that's not his best trip. He draws well and I expect to see an aggressive steer by Christoforou.
(7) JEREMES GENERAL was very impressive last week considering it was his first lifetime start. He can only improve off last week's effort. (1) SEA DEUCE drew the outside last week and was taken to the back. This week he draws much better and I think he'll be a contender. (6) BOOTS N BOURBON should threaten in this abbreiviated field.
(5) ALWAYS AN OPTIMIST suffered broken equipment last week, so I'm going to overlook that raceline. In this class, he's very competitive, comes out of Moreau's barn and is due for his first win of the season. (2) RIDING WITH P has hit the board in his last two of three starts in this class and draws well once again. I'm not convinced he can win, but is a good option for the exactor and triactor. (1) POPPYS BUCKY BOY moves up in class after a win last week and is a contender in here. He shows enough speed and draws the inside.
- 1.Posted 12/04/2013 11:20AM
- 2.Posted 12/03/2013 03:13PM
- 3.Posted 12/03/2013 07:02PM
- 4.Posted 12/04/2013 07:01PM
- 5.Posted 12/02/2013 02:02PM