- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Woodbine Harness: Monday 1/28 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (5 - 12 / $18.40): PACIFIC WESTERN (4th)
Spot Play: RUFF ME UP (11th)
(4) MEADOWVIEW ARTY got parked to the opening panel last week and then enjoyed a two-hole trip en route to finishing second. He remains at the same level and I think he can improve. (6) NORTHERN SPARK has finished second and third in this class in his last two starts. He's got a good on-the-board record so far this season. (9) FALCOR BLUESTONE doesn't show the best gate-speed and will have to overcome post nine, but he has enough talent and speed to be a factor.
(7) SHARK FANTASY has been my top selection for the past three weeks and he still finds a way to get himself beat. I looked at other options, but came back to him. He's got a great shot to win and won't offer any value. (2) MANCHESTER didn't race in almost a month coming into his most recent outing. I'm looking for a better effort now that he's back on the seven-day rotation. (1) HOT ART gets class relief and he finished third at this level on January 7. He's more competitive in this class.
(2) WATKINS came first-over last week and that's not his best style of racing. I'd like to see him on the front in this short field. (6) FRENCHFRYSNVINEGAR had some time off and finished fourth in her return last week. She can only get better off that effort and I expect a better performance and for her to drop time. (3) STARR RUFFNREADY didn't get the best trip last start and he'll look for a rebound effort. Don't overlook him as he won at this level only two starts ago.
(8) PACIFIC WESTERN got parked every step of the mile and finished a hard-fought second. With a cleaner trip, he's got a great shot to win. (6) DANIEL SEMALU once again gets claimed, but faces many of the same rivals he defeated last week. I hope he's forwardly-placed off-the-gate again this week. (1) RIDING WITH P has found a new gear in his last pair of outings, but he now faces tougher competition. He's a horse that is definitely playable in the triactor.
(7) CHUCKALO CADEN has been very consistent at this level and is due to jump up and win. This is a lighter group than in the past and it may happen here. (9) E W FISHER drops out of the Preferred level and this class is much more suitable. He doesn't show the best gate-speed, so look for him late. (2) GO GO RED MARTY has been terrific since entering the Moreau barn. He does move up in class, but he draws well and shows enough speed.
(2) DALLAS SEELSTER is very lightly-raced and continues to improve with each start. He did all the work last start en route to victory and I think he's capable of it again. (5) THE GOAT might be considered a longshot play, but Vrablic's barn has been very good lately. This horse moves back to this circuit fresh off a second-place finish. (6) ASLAN raced from off-the-pace last start and closed well to finish second. He was only beaten by a head and I expect him to be competitive once again.
(2) SAVANNAH SPLENDOR came from behind last week and captured the victory with a terrific effort. He draws inside and remains at the same class. (3) FIRE UP THE MACH has found his best stride since entering Tackoor's barn. He gets off the gate very well and I hope to see him placed near the front. (6) DGS CASH FOR LIFE didn't put in the best effort last week and his final quarter indicates that. I'm looking for a rebound effort as he remains at the same level that he won at two starts ago.
(9) WHITESAND DIABLO has won four of his last five starts and is fresh off a win at this level. He's the logical choice and won't offer any value. (10) ROLANDS SEEHORSE is capable of overcoming post 10 and I hope Moiseyev leaves the gate with him. He's got a much better chance if he's put into the race early. (7) CJS SUSIE has had a good start to her 2013 season and makes the move onto this circuit and jump in class. She'll need a trip, but she's worth a look.
(9) RESISTANCE FUTILE scored a very impressive qualifying win with a solid final quarter. He'll have to overcome post nine, but shows gate-speed and enough talent to win. (4) GEORGE JETTISON is very competitive while in this class. He draws well and if he's put into the race, he's a great option for the exactor. (8) BLUE CHIP SUNSHINE went a very tough trip last start as he got parked to the opening quarter. I hope he gets away easier and is not used as hard.
(8) FLYING INSTRUCTOR won over 50 percent of his starts last season and drops in class. It's a short field, which only helps his usual off-the-pace tactics. (3) HIDDEN POTENTIAL is fresh off a pair of wins and he's coming into this race in terrific form. He had a good 2012 season and it's continued into this season. (1) DONAU moves back to this circuit and draws well. He's got terrific speed, but he needs a trip.
This was a tough race to predict, but I went with (3) RUFF ME UP based on his recent efforts. He's fresh off a win, comes from a credible trainer and may offer a price. (8) DAPPER DENZIL doesn't like to win, but is a good option for second. He raced well for his new connections last start and I'm looking for that to continue. (7) LITTLE QUICK draws a little better this week and this isn't a deep field of horses. He's a longshot play, but he closed very well last start.
- 1.Posted 04/12/2013 01:51PM
- 2.Posted 12/04/2013 07:01PM
- 3.Posted 12/04/2013 11:20AM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/05/2013 02:15PM