- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsThoroughbred Past Performances
ReportsPremium NewsDigital PapersHorsemen's Products
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Equibase PPs
- TrackMaster PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- Expanded Closer Looks
- Equibase & Trackmaster PPs - Thoroughbred
Woodbine Harness: Friday 3/15 Analysis
Race 4 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (9 - 23 / $31.50): THE SUMMER WIND (2nd)
Spot Play: PAIGING KADABRA (8th)
(1) JOYFUL ROAD trotted a very respectable mile last start with a time of 1:57 2/5 in his first start on this circuit. He draws inside and shows enough speed to win. This is a very light field. (6) AGUYINAHORSESUIT was used hard in the early going and it showed as he tired late in the mile. With a cleaner trip, he's capable of being top three in this shorter field. (8) LA BELLA CONTESSA had some time off and showed a good qualifying effort. She has the gate-speed to overcome post nine and she's capable in my opinion in her first start back.
(8) THE SUMMER WIND has won two straight in this class including a win last week from post 10. She draws the outside post eight in here and is the obvious choice as she faces many of the same rivals. (7) GOODBADANDDEUGLY N was privately sold and returns to the stable of trainer Johnson. At this level, she's very competitive and scored a very impressive win two starts ago. This is a short field and I'd expect to see her on the front or close to it. (3) JANIE BAY draws finally draws inside and shouldn't get away too far back like she's been doing. She has great closing speed and is capable if they go quick speed on the front.
(2) TROTTING R T draws inside, comes out of the Moreau barn and has been very competitive in this class. He hasn't missed the board in his last four starts and is a good option. (4) M DOUGLAS has hard used in the early stages last week and finished a strong second. He draws well once again and I hope his gate-speed comes into play. (6) VALDABRO has been much better in his last three starts and it appears he races better when he's put into the race. I expect that to happen again from post six and is very competitive in this class.
(8) MEMUMSNOTNICE moves slightly up in class, but judging by the way she raced last week, I feel she has a terrific shot to win. She was hard used to earn the front last week and never looked back en route to victory. (2) VOELZ HANOVER is also fresh off a win and has been top three in three of her last four starts. She finished second in this class just three starts ago. (5) ARDOR LOCKE is a chancy play. She tends to be inconsistent at this level and some may consider her a coin toss. I like the fact that she draws in the middle of the gate and it's a short field.
(8) DOLCE DUCCI has finished second in each of his last five starts. Last week he had post 10 and got away near the back and was flying home late in the mile. He was full of trot and I think that sets him up well this week. (9) MAX MONEY has been racing very consistently at this level and that shouldn't change. He's an obvious option for the exactor and triactor with his recent performances. (3) ROLAND SEEHORSE races at his best when he's put into the race early. He draws inside and I expect that tactic to continue for Moiseyev. He's finished in the top three in four of his last five starts and is another good option for the triactor.
(8) MY IDEAL debuts for new trainer Herlihy and that's the major reason for my selection. She remains in the same class that she won at four starts ago and Herlihy is a very capable trainer. She does draw the outside post eight, but has excellent gate-speed and may provide decent value. (4) ANDYS DREAMBOAT didn't get the best trip last week, but has been racing very well prior to last start. She draws inside, enjoys being put into the race and has a respectable on-the-board record. (7) NATURAL WOMAN N debuts for new trainer Allard and that's the reason for my selection. She's also fresh off a win and moves onto this circuit.
(1) MY FELLA raced very well last week as he was pacing hard at the end of the mile over a sloppy track. He now draws inside and I think he'll be aggressively-handled by MacDonald. He's certainly capable at this bottom level with his 51 career wins. (7) SURPRIZEMEAGAIN didn't race well last week but has been very consistent at this level prior to last start. I'm looking for a rebound effort as this class best suits him. (9) ZIPNTHRUTHEHALL is a very good option for the triactor as he hasn't missed the board in each of his last five starts. He also comes out of the Moreau barn and once again is classified accordingly.
(2) PAIGING KADABRA will be my spot play of the night as he posted a very good effort last week considering he was parked the entire mile. He's back on a seven-day rotation and I expect him to drop time as he draws inside for second time starter Gallucci. (4) HOUR LAVEC draws inside and has terrific gate-speed, which will likely come into play. He's classified right and races best when he's put into the race in the early stages. (6) GUNGA WIN has been top three in seven of his last nine starts. He's very versatile and gets the services of Jamieson.
(1) BELLE BOYD was one of Jamieson's top two-year-old's when she was training down last year and this will mark her first start as a sophomore. History has shown that Jamieson's starters are ready to win at first asking. (3) TRAMA UNIT raced very well last week as she did all the work on the front before getting tired late. She draws inside again and I feel this is a lighter field. (8) MIA SEELSTER will make her first start at an aged mare after a successful 2012 season. She qualified well and fits into a light field.
(5) PALM PATROL found the winner's circle at this level just two starts ago and draws well in this short field. I'm looking for a rebound effort as she tends to be inconsistent. (3) MACHLEEN drops out of the Fillies & Mares Preferred level and into this class. She also won at this level two starts ago, draws inside and is a very good option for the exactor. (8) ADDISON BAY has been racing much better in her last three starts for Menary and a short field only helps her chances from post eight. She's posting very credible final quarters and is a major contender.
(7) LADY LATTE got stung last week to make the front before tiring in deep stretch and had to settle for second. If she's not as hard-pressed in the early stages, I feel she's very capable to win at this level. She'll likely be the post time favourite once again. (9) ROCA REI hasn't been racing at her best and drops to the bottom level. She does draws outside, but at this level, I feel she's very competitive and I'm looking for a much better effort. (5) SEASCAPE HANOVER raced very well last start considering it was her first start back after some time off. She delivered a third-place effort and I think she's a threat for the triactor once again.