- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Woodbine Harness: Friday 2/8 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (8 - 18 / $28.80): GREYSTONE LADYLIKE (9th)
Spot Play: CAJON HOT SHOT (10th)
(6) HOUR LAVEC was my spot play last week and he finished second, beaten only by a nose for the win. He was claimed by top trainer Auciello and remains at the same level. I like his chances once again. (5) GUNGA WIN has finished in the top three in four of his last five starts. I feel he's very competitive in this class and will likely race from off-the-pace. (3) FIORENTINA got a terrific pocket trip last start and it paid off with a winning performance. She will likely use her gate-speed once again and she has the speed to be top three.
(8) MACH ME NOT had a long first-over journey last start and she was still fighting for the win in deep stretch, but had to settle for second. With a cleaner trip, I think she certainly has a good shot to win. (6) MAMASAIDSO is fresh of a claim and new trainer Puddy's barn has been very good as of late. This filly moves up in class and she deserves to. (1) PASSION R VIRGINIE has terrible gate-speed, but has been blessed with post one. If she's not too far back, she has a tremendous kick turning for home.
(2) CON BRIO HALL draws inside at this level that he's been racing at and he's due for a win. Fellows' barn has been better in recent weeks and this horse should be better placed off-the-gate. (5) WORTHY ADVANTAGE drew outside last start and made a break. The week prior he captured the victory at this level at odds of 41-1. He likely will provide roughly the same value as last week. (1) WHITESAND DIABLO is fresh off a claim and draws inside. He won at this level two starts ago, racing from behind and that will likely occur again.
(1) THREE CHARMS has hit the board in each of her four starts this season and finished second in this class last week. She draws inside, has enough speed and with the right trip, I think she can win. (5) BRUSHSTROKES found the winner's circle last week and moves up in class. Jamieson is back driving, which is never a bad thing and I think she can be a part of the exactor at this level with him driving. (8) THATLL BE FRANNY hasn't raced since January 11, which is a concern, but she finished second at this level during that start with a first-over journey.
(1) STRATEGY had to work to earn the front last start and that cost him the win. He's won at this level two starts ago and enjoys being on the front or close to it. If he's not used as hard again, I like his chances. (5) HERBIE IS GONE is fresh off two straight wins at Flamboro and comes from high-percentage trainer Yates. He can race on the front or from behind and I think he can make the transition onto this circuit. (7) WINDSUN FIREBALL is also coming off two straight wins and I can see his gate speed being utilized in here. He's worth a shot and is capable of dropping multiple seconds.
(2) BULLET POINT was pressured throughout her latest mile and that cost her the win, in my opinion. She was pushed to three-quarters in 1:24 1/5 and the backfield closed in on her. She's at this bottom level, is very capable of winning and draws inside. (5) RUB N TUG has finished in the top three in both her latest starts in this class. She hasn't had the best start this season, but in this level, she is worth consideration for the exactor. (8) CANT STOP ROCKIN closed very well last week to finish second. She was 10-lengths off at the half and was only beaten by half a length.
(8) RUN ON LUCK was used hard to the front last week then got covered up to finish second. Her gate-speed will likely come into play once again and if she isn't used to hard in the early stages, she's got a good chance to win. (5) FARMERS TUITION drew post nine last start and went to the back of the field. I'm going to overlook that line because the start prior, she found the winner's circle at a very similar level. She tends to be inconsistent, which is a concern of a mine. (4) MONTENEGRO has finished in the top three in four of her last five starts, while racing mostly at this level. She's a great option to have for the triactor.
(7) NOW YOU SEE HIM certainly caught me by surprise with his victory last week. The four starts prior he didn't even earn himself a cheque. He did all the work on the front last week en route to victory and it may happen again. This was a tough race to predict. (5) DOLCE DUCCI dropped in class last week and the decision proved to be correct with a second-place finish. He's once again at this level and enjoys to be put into the race. (1) P L COOPER will debut for new trainer Baillargeon this week and this gelding has been very consistent at this level. I don't expect that to change.
(1) GREYSTONE LADYLIKE has finished first and second at the Fillies & Mares Preferred level in her last two starts. This class, on my opinion, isn't as strong and she's the logical play. (2) OCEANVIEW BINDI has also been racing at the Fillies & Mares Preferred level and has been racing very well. She's been very consistent and is a 'must have' on the exactor ticket. (4) BAROCKEY has won five straight and moves into the toughest class she has ever faced. She goes from racing in an $8,500 conditional claimer to taking on horses that raced in the Fillies & Mares Preferred. That's a big step!
(4) CAJON HOT SHOT has raced at a much higher level in the past and drops into a low-end claimer. Trainer Moreau is classifying this horse where he feels he can win. (3) CAMPASSER got away tenth last start, so I'm going to overlook that raceline. His previous two starts he finished first and second as he drew much better. He has post three in here and I think he's a very playable horse. (5) DAPPER DENZIL raced very well last start to finish fourth despite having post 10. He moves up in class and will have to step up his game even mor
- 1.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 2.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 3.Posted 12/08/2013 06:24PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM