- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Reports
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- See all Pricing/Plans
Woodbine Harness: Friday 1/4 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet: RUN ON LUCK (10th)
Spot Play: P J LUCKY (11th)
(5) ILLUSIONSNDREAMS is always competitive in this class and races best when he's on or near the front. He's won at this level before and can certainly do it again. (3) AMIGO DE GRANDE was recently put into a claimer and the decision has been paying off. He's classified correctly and draws well. (6) HESGOTLEGS pulled off the upset last week with a lifetime best performance. I'm not sure he can do it again, but can certainly be a part of the triactor. He got a terrific trip last start.
(3) GREYSTONE LADYLIKE was used hard to earn the front last start before fading to second. With a cleaner trip, she can improve off that effort as she begins from the inside. (7) APACH OF LUCK was parked the entire mile last start and finished a strong third. She draws outside once again, but I expect a better trip. (6) PALM PATROL has been racing very well for new trainer Auciello and after her 1:52 2/5 latest effort, she's a top threat in here.
This was a tough race to handicap, but I went with (6) LIMITLESS. He began from post 10 last start and closed very well to finish fourth. He draws inside and shows enough speed to be very competitive in here. (7) JOSEPH GERARD went a tough trip last week and got tired late in the mile. He begins from the same post as last week, but I hope he's forwardly-placed this week. (2) YACKETY YAK was used very hard to clear to the lead last start for MacDonald. He may offer value again this week, but he's certainly capable of being a part of the triactor.
(8) JET SPEED drops in class and I think she'll appreciate that. She likes to race from off-the-pace, so look for her flying home late. She'll likely be the post time favourite after racing in the Preferred level two starts ago. (5) MC TAYLOR also drops in class and comes from top connections. This class should suit her very well and she draws well. (9) DELICIOUSLYNAUGHTY is a perfect two-for-two since entering the Gillis barn. She has to overcome post nine and moves up in class. I'm not convinced she can win, but she has been performing very well lately.
(6) POWER SHOT has put two straight wins together and moves onto this circuit. He moves up in class, but I think he can handle the transition. He enjoys racing on the front and that never hurts at Woodbine. (9) KILTED PRIDE is always competitive in this class that likely will continue. He has the ability to overcome post nine and I expect an aggressive drive. (8) ERICSKARRI drops in class and should be much more competitive. He's got a lot of back-class to him and that can't be overlooked.
(8) DIDRICKSON remains at the same class that she finished second at last week. She was parked the entire mile and with a cleaner trip, she's got a great trip. (1) JET WASH moves down in class and that certainly will help her chances. She draws inside and although she hasn't been racing at her best, she's at a level where she should get lots of attention. (3) ARDOR LOCKE is at a level where she's always been competitive. She draws well and will likely use her patented off-the-pace tactics.
(2) SOUTHWIND MONI raced very well last start coming from last-to-first to score a convincing win. She looked terrific doing it and with another repeat effort, she's a top candidate for the winner's circle. (4) UNCOMMON NIGHT has been racing very consistent for Henriksen and she faces many of the same competitors as last week. She finished fourth and I'm looking for a better effort. (6) TALBOTCREEK JEWELRY came first-over last start and that wasn't her best effort. Before last week, she has been racing very well, so I'm looking for a rebound performance.
(3) RUB N TUG drops in class and I think she'll appreciate that. She had a solid 2012 season and likely will offer low value. Keep in mind, she raced in the Preferred level only five starts ago. (1) WHIRLWIND has been knocking on the door in her last few starts and that likely will continue in here. She draws inside and I expect to see her usual off-the-pace racing style again. (2) HOLIDAY SHOPPER hasn't been racing at her best in her last number of starts, but she's at the bottom of the condition sheet and I think she'll appreciate the class relief.
(8) MAKING MAGIC is very lightly-raced in his career, but has posted a handsome 2-2-0 record from six starts. He's fresh off a win and continues to drop time. (4) TEMPTATION BAYAMA is also fresh off a win and moves up in class. He draws inside and comes from a very good barn. (3) HEARTSAREGONNAROLL trotted in 1:56 last start, while finishing third. It was his debut on this circuit and that effort makes him a good option to have for the triactor.
(8) RUN ON LUCK won at this level last start and likely will be the post time favourite. She did all the work on the front continues to race very well for top trainer Coleman. (7) FARMERS TUITION came from behind last start to finish third. She closed very well and if she's better positioned off the gate, she's good a great chance. (3) ROCA REI comes out of the Moreau barn and that can't be overlooked. She finished second to RUN ON LUCK last week and the same driving tactics will likely be used again.
(1) P J LUCKY was used hard to make the front and never looked back en route to a 1:53 victory. He moves up in class, but that time makes him a top threat. He leaves from post one and that only increases his chances and likely will be forwardly-placed. (3) ELITE was also used hard to make the front last week and didn't put in his best effort. He's been knocking on the door prior to last week and I'm looking for a rebound effort. (5) LYONS JOHNNY moves to this circuit after a first and second-place finish at Flamboro in his last two starts. He'll have to step up his game and I'm looking for value.
- 1.Posted 05/23/2013 08:40AM
- 2.Posted 05/22/2013 05:35PM
- 3.Posted 05/22/2013 02:08PM
- 4.Posted 05/22/2013 03:18PM
- 5.Posted 05/23/2013 11:31AM