- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Woodbine Harness: Friday 12/7 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
$50,000 GUARANTEED PICK-4 POOL (Races 4-7)
Best Bet: OCEANVIEW BINDI (3rd)
Spot Play: GREYSTONE LADYLIKE (8th)
(2) REHAB MOUNTAIN has posted back-to-back wins at this level. Cirasuola's barn has been tremendous as of late and this horse appears to be the one to beat. (7) WHIPLASH enjoys racing from behind and finished second at this level last week. He's proven to race very well in this class. (8) QUATER BAYAMA remains at a level where he finds his best stride. Coming from the Moreau barn, you certainly can't count him out.
(3) ST LADS PEEPER did all the work last start en route to victory. She continues to race very well and I'd expect no different in here. She's facing much of the same group as last start. (4) STAGE IT RIGHT drops in class and I expect a much improved effort. She's had a few starts under her belt now and I think she can drop time and be competitive. (6) PALM PATROL got claimed last week and faces a much tougher group of mares. I'm not sure she can win, but has a terrific record this season in her 22 starts.
(5) OCEANVIEW BINDI was too far back last week, but used a sizzling :26 3/5 final quarter to finish third. This is a short field against an easier bunch. (1) R U FOR ME was the heavy favourite last week, but didn't perform as expected. She can get off the gate well, but doesn't show the quick final quarters I'd like to see. (3) CAVIART MANDY moves out of the Autumn final and into this series. She likely will offer value, but with the right trip, she has a shot to be top three.
(5) CALIPARI drops down to the bottom level on this circuit and is a much better horse than he's been showing. He doesn't have the best gate-speed, but should be a top threat in this field. Don't overlook his solid final quarter speed as of late. (2) ARMBRO CHRONICLE is the class of the field with over $1.7 million in earnings. He's had a long enough layoff and may offer value. His qualifying effort is encouraging enough to have him slated for second. (7) DUKESTER might be a chancy wager, but I'm going to try him. He's not the most consistent horse, but has the potential to be top three in this bottom-end class.
(8) CONTINUAL VELOCITY gets major class relief and certainly is the horse to beat, in my opinion. She's the richest horse in the field this season and comes out of the Fillies and Mares Preferred class. (3) EAT ME UP has been performing fairly consistent in her last five starts. She draws inside and also lowers in class. (2) RED SHADOW went a tough trip in her latest and once again draws a favourable post. She drops in class and is certainly worth consideration to be top three.
(1) LA BELLA CONTESSA has been top three in each of her last four starts including a victory in her latest. She moves back to this circuit and the way she's been racing makes her my top pick. (2) MY FRIEND JUSTIN has been racing very well lately other than his last start. He's a good candidate to have for second. (10) FACING JUSTICE may have been my top selection if he drew inside. He'll have to overcome the outside post, but shows in the past that he can. He has a good on-the-board record this season.
(4) WAASMULA gets major class relief after returning to this circuit from Western Fair. She won the Fillies and Mares Preferred level not that long ago and should be the one to beat in here. (9) RUN ON LUCK is a horse that we don't know much about, but you can't count her out coming from the Coleman barn. It wouldn't be a total shock if she won, but I'm selecting her for second. (7) JET SPEED also gets major class relief and should be considered for the triactor. She's racing at her best late in the season.
(6) GREYSTONE LADYLIKE didn't participate in the Autumn final due to a scratch, but she's a top filly in this race, in my opinion. She's got the fastest mark taken this year and it took place only four starts ago. (7) AUBSESSION likely will be the post time favourite after scoring a win in the Autumn final. She can be beat and I think it may happen in here. (2) NATURAL INSTINCT was racing very well until she began to make breaks. O'Sullivan appears to have that rectified and if she's back to her old self, she's worth a shot.
(6) ILLUSIONSNDREAMS is in the same claiming price that he captured his lifetime best five starts ago. He's won 13 of 33 starts this season and that shouldn't be overlooked. (8) HESGOTLEGS enjoys being on or near the front and has been finishing his miles very strongly. At this level, he's certainly worth a lot of consideration. (9) SUGAR VALLEY ALLEY again begins from an unfavourable post, which he has overcome in the past. He can race from behind or on the front, which only helps when handicapping.
(2) LADY LATTE had some time off and returns to the WEG circuit. She draws inside, lowers in class and has won at a much higher level. It will be interesting to see what type of value she offers. (6) GRACIE MONTANA finished third in this class last start after going off as the favourite. She has a good on-the-board record this season. (5) SAM SWIFTY has finished third at a higher level in both of her last two appearances. I'm not convinced she can win, but is a good option for your triactor wagers.
(4) BULLET POINT has two starts under her belt and I think she's got her legs back. She's at the same level as last week and I think she'll show an improved effort. (1) MYLUVMYWIFE posted an encouraging qualifying effort and Montini's barn has been getting better in the past week. She may offer value and is a good option. (7) MIBESTKEPTSECRET finished third at this level with a solid final quarter. She doesn't like to win, but has been very consistent in her past number of starts.
- 1.Posted 12/10/2013 02:23PM
- 2.Posted 12/09/2013 01:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/10/2013 02:25PM
- 4.Posted 12/10/2013 01:46PM
- 5.Posted 12/10/2013 01:42PM