- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Woodbine Harness: Friday 1/25 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (5 - 12 / $18.40): CONTINUAL VELOCITY (9th)
Spot Play: REAL HOUSEWIFE (5th)
(6) TALBOTCREEK JEWELY has been knocking on the door in this class in her past few starts. This is a shorter field and she most likely will be closer to the front, which will only benefit her turning for home. (3) COOK OFF was perfectly positioned last week as she was second-over before she made a miscue. If she behaves herself, she certainly is a major factor in this event. (4) INTENSE AMERICA is a high quality mare, but I thought she should have trotted home better last start. She draws well and I’m looking for a better effort.
(6) BAROCKEY has won three-straight and comes from Auciello’s barn. She enjoys dictating the pace and that could happen again from a good post. She does face tougher competition, but scored a very comfortable victory last start. (2) THE SUMMER WIND earned herself a hard-fought victory last week for O’Sullivan. She’s had a very good start to her 2013 campaign is at a level where she’s very competitive. (7) MAMASAIDSO has finished in the top three in four of her last five starts including three third-place finishes. She also comes from the Coleman barn and that can’t be overlooked.
(8) P L COOPER debuts for new trainer Montini and remains at the same level as last week, which he won at. He’s classified correctly and I think this horse will improve for Montini. (3) QUATER BAYAMA was dropped in class last start and it proved to be the right move as he finished third. He did most of the work on the front and that’s the way he’s usually driven. (4) THE PRINCIPLE drops in class after finishing fourth at a higher level. He’s a good option to have for the triactor and may offer a price.
(6) BRUSHSTROKES gets the services of Jamieson and that’s the major reason for my selection. She drops in class and won at this level not long ago. (7) WARRAWEE LIMELIGHT finished second at this same class last week and put forth a much better effort. I hope she’s put into the race early again. (2) GOODBADANDDEUGLY N faces easier competition this week and this class should suit her. She draws inside and will try to finish in the top three for the first time this season.
(3) REAL HOUSEWIFE got a terrific two-hole trip last week and couldn’t catch the leader and had to settle for second. Jamieson pulled her fairly early past the three-quarter pole and that didn’t help. She’s back at the same level and she will likely be placed forward off the gate. (7) KENDRA HANOVER has finished second and third in her last two starts in this class. She can get off the gate very well and is always a threat turning for home. (8) EXCUSE ME PLEASE defeated both REAL HOUSEWIFE and KENDRA HANOVER last start as she went gate-to-wire. I can’t see her making it to the front that easily this week, but based on last week’s effort, she certainly should be considered.
(2) WHIPPEROSA did all the work on the front and that’s not her best style of racing. She settled for third, but I think if she comes from behind, she finished much stronger. (5) MACHLEEN appears to race at her best when she’s put into the race early. She finished her mile very strong last week and begins from the same post in the same class again. (3) MC TAYLOR is a good option to have for the triactor in here. She was only beaten by less than three lengths last week with a good final quarter. She’s won at a higher level not very long ago.
(7) THREE CHARMS got the job done last week at the bottom class and she makes a slight jump in class this week. She races at her best when she’s put into the race and Saftic drove her like she was the best last start. This class isn’t much tougher. (2) XENIA HANOVER has finished second in four of her last five starts. She draws inside, enjoys being put into the race and usually provides a price. (4) MACHET ROCKET was far back at the half last week and closed very well to finish third. She draws better and is certainly capable of being top three again.
(9) HESGOTLEGS probably can outsprint any of his nine rivals off the gate and that may occur in here. He won at this level two starts ago and once again he’s classified correctly. (6) ERICSKARRI is always competitive in this class. With his back-class and recent performances, he’s an obvious choice. (10) AMIGO DE GRANDE has been racing at his best since being entered into the claiming ranks. He does have the ability to overcome post 10, but will need a trip.
(8) CONTINUAL VELOCITY will likely be the post time favorite and she deserves to be with three-straight wins. Expect to see her near or on the front. (9) MACH A WISH got a great drive by Jamieson last week and finished very strongly at the end of the mile. She does face some tougher horses, but by the way she performed last week, I think she’s ready for the task. (7) OCEANVIEW BINDI was put on the front and usually she races from behind. She notched the win and now faces a few tougher rivals. All three mares are capable of winning and will offer very low odds.
(5) CAMPASSER is at the same class he won at last week. He was put on the front and that proved to be the winning move as that’s usually not his trip. He draws well again and I’m hoping for the same tactics. (3) REALLY SEXY GUY draws much better this week and he’ll get a more aggressive steer from Drury. Look for him getting a trip and finishing strong. (2) KENNAIRN BUCKWHEAT enjoys racing from behind and picking horses off late in the mile. He draws well and I can’t see him getting away too far back.
- 1.Posted 12/04/2013 11:20AM
- 2.Posted 12/03/2013 03:13PM
- 3.Posted 12/03/2013 07:02PM
- 4.Posted 12/04/2013 07:01PM
- 5.Posted 12/02/2013 02:02PM