- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Woodbine Harness: Friday 12/14 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
BEST BET: Monkey On My Wheel (7th)
SPOT PLAY: Jet Wash (5th)
(2) GUNGA WIN drops down in class and draws inside. He was knocking on the door at a higher level only a few starts ago and should be a top candidate in here. (6) MORK N LINDY finished second at this level last week while providing terrific value. His time of 1:55 3/5 makes him very competitive along with his 2012 record. (7) WHIPLASH made an uncharacteristic break in his latest start, but I’m going to overlook that. He hasn’t won at this level in quite some time, but has the potential to be top three.
(3) TWIN B ELITE exploded out of the pocket in her latest start to score the comfortable win. She moves up in class, but deserves to and comes from a terrific barn. (2) SHES A MANIAC has had a terrific 2012 season. Her record speaks for itself as she hasn’t missed the board in her last 16 starts, dating back to July 20. (6) MIBESTKEPTSECRET doesn’t like to win, but certainly can hit the board in this field. She enjoys racing from behind and this race just might set up correctly for her.
(1) GO GO RED MARTY was able to put forth a pair of positive qualifiers without making a break. His 1:56 1/5 latest qualifier is encouraging enough to make him my top selection. The question remains if he can behave himself or not. (4) SHEER GLIDE hasn’t been able to put forth his best stride in recent weeks, but he’s at the bottom condition class and draws much better. (7) THE GOLDEN CHILD finished third at a higher level last week and closed very well. He’s certainly worth a look for third.
(7) JINGLEJANGLEJINGLE wasn’t able to catch Lady Latte in her latest start, but did put forth a solid effort. She enjoys racing near the front and that likely will happen in here. (6) GRACIE MONTANA has finished third at this level in her past two starts. She’s got a good on-the-board record this season and should put forth a solid effort at this level. (8) ROCK ANN ROLLING was beaten less than two lengths in her latest effort for the win. I hope she gets away closer than last week.
(9) JET WASH drops in class and gets the services of Jamieson, which is never a bad option. She’s due for a win and may offer value. (3) RED SHADOW draws inside at a level where she won three starts ago. I’m not sure she can win, but she certainly should make a case of herself at this level. I’m looking for a better effort than last week. (6) MACHS DELICACY is fresh off a victory and comes from Moreau’s barn, which you can’t overlook. She has enough speed to be a candidate for the top three.
(3) DUKE OF DONEGAL is the obvious choice to win in here. He made an uncharacteristic break last week and was out of contention. He’s won at this level before and will offer low value. (1) IMA MAGICIAN TOO raced extremely well last start in the Autumn Final to finish third, closing a ton of ground. He has the rail and I can’t see him getting away too far back. (6) LA BELLA CONTESSA hasn’t missed the board in numerous weeks and finished second in this class last start. Don’t overlook her.
(9) MONKEY ON MY WHEEL did all the work in her last two starts to find the winner’s circle. She can overcome post nine and likely will be the favorite. (2) WAASMULA finished fourth last week, but was only beaten a length for the win. She draws inside and I’m looking for a better effort. (1) JET SPEED closed very well last week to finish third, beaten less than a length. She’s a very good option to have from the rail with McNair in the bike.
(7) ROAD SENSE scored an impressive win at Georgian Downs in his latest effort. Any type of repeat mile and I feel he’s a top candidate to win in here. (9) ALL CANTAB finally put forth a good effort last week. He’ll have to overcome post 10, but he’s worth a shot and will likely provide value. (1) CALIPARI hasn’t found his best stride in recent weeks, but I’m going to try him in here. He shows some credible miles and comes from a top barn.
(5) PALM PATROL won at this level last week and showed she could handle the jump in class. She’s got a terrific record this season and draws well. (4) ST LADS PEEPER appears that her best stride comes on or near the front end. She draws well at this same class and is a top candidate. (6) STAGE IT RIGHT got a good trip last week to finish second at this level. The majority of horses raced against each other last week.
(3) COOL ROCK loves to race from behind and that tactic will likely occur again. He finally draws inside and will aim for a better trip. (4) SMOKEYS LUCK has had a good 2012 campaign and is classified accordingly. He finished a very strong second last week. (2) LUCKY ENCOUNTER won in 1:51 4/5 two starts ago and that shouldn’t be overlooked. He races best near the pace and that’s never a bad option at Woodbine.
(8) LADY LATTE had some time off and found the winner’s circle in her return last start. She moves up slightly in class, but has the talent to handle this group. (2) BULLET POINT has been racing very well in her last pair of starts since her return. She draws inside and is a good option to have in all triactor/exactor options. (9) A SPECIAL LADY will have to overcome post nine, but she finished second at this level last start. She’ll likely offer a price.
- 1.Posted 12/08/2013 09:52AM
- 2.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 3.Posted 12/08/2013 06:24PM
- 4.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM