- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Reports
- StorePast Performances
- Compare all DRF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF Classic PPs
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- See all Pricing/Plans
Woodbine Harness: Friday 1/18 Analysis
By Greg Gangle
Race 4 - $50,000 Guaranteed Pick Four Pool
Best Bet (4 - 8 / $14.70): COOK OFF (9th)
Spot Play: THAT’LL BE FRANNY (4th)
(5) ERICSKARRI went honest fractions on the front-end last start and faded to finish fourth. If he gets left alone and can dictate his own pace, he's got a great shot to win. His back-class can't be overlooked. (6) GUNGA WIN went a first-over journey last week and finished third. With a better trip, I like his chances. (4) POWER SHOT raced on Monday and that may turn away some handicappers. He returns after a three day rest, but he did find the winner's circle.
(3) GOODBADANDDEUGLY N got parked to the opening quarter last week in :26 and that appeared to take its toll. She finished fourth with a good time and returns to the same level. She's won at a much higher class and she draws well. (6) MAMASAIDSO comes from the Coleman barn which is always successful. I'm not sure she can win, but she's always competitive and has been top three in four of her last five starts. (4) XENIA HANOVER was a longshot play last week and she finished second providing terrific value. Her mile time of 1:52 3/3 makes her very competitive providing the right trip and may offer a price again.
(8) HESGOTLEGS got the perfect trip last week and he responded with a win. I expect him to use his gate-speed once again and be well positioned. Check out his :27 4/5 final quarter, that's impressive! (1) AMIGO DE GRANDE has been finishing third in his last two outings at this level and I'm hoping for a better effort. His times show that he's very competitive, but needs to jump up. (5) LEONIDAS DE VIE drops into a claimer and should provide a better result. This is an easier group than last week and I think he'll still provide a price.
(4) THATLL BE FRANNY captured the Fillies & Mares Preferred at London in a very fast time. She's raced at a higher level on this circuit in the past and won. She's got a good post to work with in a short field. (2) JET WASH finished second at this level last week coming from far back. She used a terrific final quarter and is a major contender at this class. (5) MIA SEELSTER raced well considering it was fresh off a qualifier last week. I like the way she finished up her mile, using a :27 3/5 final frame. She's at a lower level this week.
(1) SWEET HEDGE finished third last week at a higher level and posted a solid final quarter. She draws inside and despite only winning one race last season, she should get a lot of consideration. (9) LIFES CALL would have been my top selection if Christoforou was back in the bike. She got everything her own way last week and finished with a lot of pace at the end of the mile. (6) THREE CHARMS has finished third in each of her last two starts. She's a much better mare than she's showing and a very good option to have on the triactor tickets.
(1) KENDRA HANOVER left hard out of the nine-hole last week and got a terrific trip to finish second. She dropped significant time, remains at the same level and begins from post one. (2) REAL HOUSEWIFE had to overcome post 10 last week and she trotted home very strongly to finish third. Just like KENDRA HANOVER, she also draws inside. (9) MAD FOR PLAID came from off-the-pace last week and finished second. He draws outside this week, so I'd expect the same tactics.
(3) GREYSTONE LADYLIKE was absolutely terrific in her latest start. She did all the work on the front en route to an easy victory. She draws inside and if she can dictate her own trip, I like her chances. (4) PALM PATROL made a break last week off the start and still finished third. Watch the replay if you can, she was flying late in the mile and should be a major threat this week. (5) JET WASH was my top selection last week She was under a comfortable hand-drive and got picked off at the wire. She's a 'must have' on the triactor ticket.
(5) ADDISON BAY is fresh off a hard-fought victory and remains at the same level. She's been very competitive at this level and I expect no value. (3) LADY LATTE used a sizzling :26 3/5 final frame last week at a higher class. She's very competitive in this class and with the right trip, she's a major factor. (1) FARMERS TUITION also drops in class and won at this level five starts ago. I'm expecting value on her, which she usually offers.
(6) COOK OFF is the obvious choice after winning three-straight including last week's win at the same level. She exploded off cover last week and will likely be the heavy-favourite. (7) TALBOTCREEK JEWELY has finished top three in four of her last five starts. She's a top threat once again at this level as many of these rivals have faced each other last week. (9) RACING DREAMS finished second last week, but draws outside this week. I don't think she can win, but is a good option to consider for the triactor. I hope she doesn't get away too far back.
(6) THE SUMMER WIND has finished second in each of her last three starts. She comes from top trainer O'Sullivan and should be a major threat in this event. It's a short field, which only helps her usually off-the-pace tactics. (3) COOKING THE COOKS went a terrific mile on November 30, which saw her win in 1:51 4/5, but that was the last time she raced. That's my only concern. She's also entered in The Meadowlands sale on January 21. (4) DELICIOUSLYNAUGHTY comes from the Gillis barn and has won two of her last four starts. I'm not confident she can win in here, but with the correct trip, she's worth a look. She should offer a price.
(2) SILVER DRAGON did all the work on the front last week and finished second. He can leave the gate extremely well, which is a plus. He draws inside and I'd expect to see the same sort of trip. (5) SURVIVAL GUIDE moves back into a claimer and he should be much more competitive. He also draws well and with the right trip, is certainly a player in this race. (10) REALLY SEXY GUY used a :26 4/5 final quarter last week to finish second in this class. He draws post 10, but comes from Auciello's barn and that will be a taken into consideration.
- 1.Posted 05/21/2013 09:35AM
- 2.Posted 05/20/2013 02:10PM
- 3.Posted 05/21/2013 04:22PM
- 4.Posted 05/20/2013 09:48PM
- 5.Posted 05/20/2013 04:24PM