- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Reports
- StorePast PerformancesREPORTSPICKSHarness PPs
Woodbine: Colleen's Sailor breezes for Queen's Plate
By Bill Tallon
ETOBICOKE, Ontario – Colleen’s Sailor, who will be looking to give trainer Roger Attfield a record ninth Queen’s Plate win, breezed four furlongs in 48 seconds on the main track at Woodbine on Wednesday morning.
Sunday’s $1 million Queen’s Plate, which will be the highlight of six stakes races on the program, seemed set to attract a field of 14 when entries closed on Thursday morning.
Alex Solis breezed Colleen’s Sailor for the second straight week as a favor to Attfield, who has recruited Corey Nakatani for the Queen’s Plate.
“I changed up my works a little bit, because of the heat,” said Attfield. “Usually I’d have gone five-eighths with him, fairly sharply. But I just thought we’d go a half-mile, and let him gallop out.
“Alex said he felt great, and did everything right. That’s all we can do.”
Nakatani was aboard Colleen’s Sailor for the first time when the colt won a 1 1/8-mile first-level allowance for 3-year-olds in his last start here May 27.
Solis has the mount on Woodbine Oaks winner Irish Mission for the Queen’s Plate.
In other Queen’s Plate news, trainer Josie Carroll said Wednesday that Tyler Pizarro will ride Wilcox in the Queen’s Plate.
Pizarro, who will be riding in his fifth Queen’s Plate, finished second aboard Hippolytus last year.
In the other Sunday stakes:
◗ Havelock, invading from Churchill Downs for trainer Darrin Miller, heads a field of seven for the Grade 2, $250,0000 King Edward at one mile on the turf.
Other leading contenders include Big Band Sound, who has finished second in seven-furlong stakes on turf and Polytrack in his two starts here this year for trainer Danny Vella.
* Locally-based Gypsy Ring, who finished a close third here in last year’s Grade 1 Nearctic Stakes at six furlongs on the turf, will be looking for his third win in as many starts this season for his owner/breeder/trainer Paul Buttigieg in the Grade 2 Highlander.
Signature Red and Fiddlers Patriot, who finished a nose apart as the one-two finishers in the Grade 2 Highlander, will be renewing their rivalry in the six-furlong turf race which attracted a field of 10.
* Musketier, winner of the 2009 and 2011 editions of the Singspiel Stakes, will be in the lineup for the Grade 3, $150,000 race at 1 1/5 miles on the turf for trainer Roger Attfield.
His six rivals include stablemate Simmard, who captured the Grade 2 Louisville Handicap over 1 1/2 miles of turf at Churchill Downs last time out.
* Just Got In, a 7 1/2-length winner of her debut at 4 1/2 furlongs here May 26, will be looking to double up for trainer Ricky Griffith in the five-furlong Victoria for 2-year-old fillies.
Ju Ju Eyeballs, a smart maiden winner at Monmouth for trainer Wesley Ward in his second and most recent start, looks like the main danger in the field of seven.
* Upperline, winner of last year’s Trillium for Chicago-based trainer Michael Stidham, is slated to return and is riding the crest of a two-stakes win streak.
* The Trillium, a $100,000 overnight stakes at 1 1/8 miles, attracted eight fillies and mares.
- 1.Posted 06/18/2013 09:59AM
- 2.Posted 06/17/2013 01:04PM
- 3.Posted 06/17/2013 04:52PM
- 4.Posted 06/17/2013 01:00PM
- 5.Posted 06/17/2013 04:02PM