04/24/2011 1:31PM

Tyler Baze returning to the saddle at Turf Paradise, Hollywood Park

Email

INGLEWOOD, Calif. - Jockey Tyler Baze, sidelined since late July because of injury, is scheduled to resume riding at Turf Paradise on Monday and Wednesday and at Hollywood Park on Thursday, he said on Sunday.

Baze suffered facial injuries in an incident behind the gate at Del Mar last July, and needed several months to recover. For the last month, he has worked horses for trainers Mike Chambers and Kevin Lewis at Turf Paradise, preparing for a return.

Monday, Baze rides Only Grace in the third race. He rides Yougottabekiddinme in the second race at Turf Paradise on Wednesday. He said he plans to travel back to Southern California on Wednesday evening.

Baze’s mounts will be booked in Southern California by Craig O’Bryan, who also represents David Flores. O’Bryan said on Sunday that Baze could have three mounts on Thursday’s eight-race program at Hollywood Park. Entries were being compiled on Sunday and had not been finalized as of mid-morning.

Baze, 28, won the Eclipse Award as the nation’s outstanding jockey of 2000, and has won two riding titles in Southern California – the 2004 spring summer meeting at Hollywood Park and the 2007 Oak Tree at Santa Anita meeting.

Baze has 1,774 career wins.

DRF MORNING LINE: Get out of the gate fast every day - sign up for DRF's free newsletter