08/22/2004 11:00PM

Training center on market

Email

Robert and Janice McNair's Stonerside operation has put its historic Saratoga training center on the market, according to a report in the Saratogian.

The training center, on Nelson Avenue near the Saratoga racetrack's backstretch, once was the training ground for Greentree Stable. The McNairs purchased it from the Whitney family for $5.5 million in 1999. It had been in the Whitney family since 1930.

The McNairs have stipulated that the center remain an equine facility. Trainer Bill Mott currently leases the facility. "They don't have time to go to Saratoga as much as they like, but they do not want to see the property developed," the McNairs' business manager, David Sorrell, told the Saratogian.