09/05/2006 11:00PM

Thistledown offers first-five bet

Email

Thistledown is introducing a new bet Friday, the Straight Flush, a $1 minimum bet that requires bettors to pick the first five finishers in a race.

If no one correctly picks the first five, 25 percent of the pool will be returned to those tickets with the most correct numbers, and the remaining 75 percent will carry to the next card.

The wager, to be offered on Thistledown's last race each day, will have a takeout of 25 percent.