10/10/2013 7:55PM

Santa Anita: Pick six pays $14K to 124 bettors

ARCADIA, Calif. - The pick six paid $14,467 to 124 ticketholders at Santa Anita on Thursday after a three-day pick six carryover of $575,466 from last weekend led to heightened interest in the bet.

Bettors added $2,279,941 to the pool on Thursday.

The winners of the pick six races were Danderek ($4), For Emma ($10.20), Miss Well Molded ($8), Cat Burglar ($7.60), Arctic North ($13.20), and Make More Money ($4.20).

Consolation tickets with five of those winners paid $160.

Danderek, Cat Burglar and Make More Money were favored. For Emma was the fourth choice in the fourth race, Miss Well Molded was the second choice in the fifth race and Arctic North was the fifth choice in the seventh race.

For Emma and Arctic North are trained by Peter Miller.

Ricky Pelland More than 1 year ago
And put me down as a referral! haha
Boyd Cord More than 1 year ago
That was so easy I'm kicking myself in the A??. I was 4 of 6. I'm not bragging. That was an easy one.
[removed] More than 1 year ago
This comment has been deleted
Boyd Cord More than 1 year ago
go away
Kendall Daniels More than 1 year ago
Today's pick 6 wasn't as difficult as the past few at Santa Anita. I was focused on the pick 5, which I hit, but played the pick 6 since I'd already handicapped the first 3 legs by playing the pick 5. I only got 4 right, which is frustrating because had I focused on the pick 6 instead of the pick 5 I could have hit it. I've noticed that Bob Baffert is having a rather pedestrian meet by Bob Baffert standards.
Horse Cents More than 1 year ago
I wonder how many tickets Peter Miller had. If he singles his two horses, and only needs the other four at, 1-1, 3-1, 5-2, and 1-1, he may have hit it with a six dollar ticket. Interesting.
dameian ramsay More than 1 year ago
I had 5out of 6.I wrnt 3, 7 Race 3.4, 7 race 4. Singled the 6 in rac e5. Then singled the 3 in race 6.then went 4, 7 Race 7 then 3, 4 Race 8
Lawrence Macselwiney More than 1 year ago
Had 5 of 6 today. Needed Holladay Road. My other single ended up being Cat Burglar. Used Danderek and AnythingsCookin and if you watched today Danderek nailed him on the wire. Doesn't matter though. Just would have made 5 a little better. Next time or the next or the next...
Paul Aussenhofer More than 1 year ago
Me too. Had 5 of 6 twice. Used Segway and HR in 7th. Went 1-4-2-1-2-1 for a $32 ticket so made $$ but Artic North cost me both P6 and P4. At least it wasn't a case of throwing him out and him beating me. He was my 5th choice in the race so I just missed him completely. Oh we'll! Congratulations to those who hit it. Good job of handicapping!
MR More than 1 year ago
The $2,279K bet + the $575K carryover are a long way from the $3,500K crap we were reading here yesterday.
rahman Williams More than 1 year ago
You should be at +10 right now.
David Brandt More than 1 year ago