10/06/2013 7:14PM

Santa Anita: Pick six carryover of $575K for Thursday

ARCADIA, Calif. - A sequence of longshots on Sunday has led to a three-day pick six carryover of $575,466 for Thursday’s eight-race program at Santa Anita.

Upset wins by Cinmars Dance ($31.20) in Sunday’s fourth race, Firendesire ($27) in the sixth, and Tookmebysurprise ($47) in the eighth helped to assure the carryover.

[DRF TICKETMAKER: Try it free and create smarter multi-race wagers]

With a three-day run-up, the pool of new money could exceed $3 million on Thursday.

Bettors will have decent-sized fields to consider in Thursday’s pick six races. The pick six covers the third through eighth races on a program that begins at 1 p.m. Pacific. The third through eight races, drawn on Sunday, have fields of 8, 8, 11, 9, 8, and 12.

There are three turf races around two turns, and three races on the main track – two sprints and one around two turns. The final race is for maiden claimers over 5 1/2 furlongs.

Two horses in the pick six races will run as geldings for the first-time – Expo and Fig in the sixth race, and Segway in the seventh race.

IRANIANMULLAH More than 1 year ago
if it's a lot of maidens with big fields and low claiming turf races with big fields The track is intentionally looking for a carryover to sell to the public. I need at least 2 non-maiden dirt races with at least one horse whose average speed is 4 points better than everyone. for me to play the P6/P4/P5.
Walter More than 1 year ago
The Pick 6 is like any other bet at the track. Just because you put more money in it, doesn't guarantee anything. I've hit it 5 times in my life all for nice 5 figure scores. The most I spent on a winning ticket was $288. However I've gotten knocked out early on tickets costing between $500-$700. I won't spend like that anymore, it seems if you have to put 4-5 horses in a race, you have as good a chance to miss that race too. Bet what you can afford, if it means a $32 ticket, then so be it. You can hit with it.
IRANIANMULLAH More than 1 year ago
I was 5/6 at Sanata Anita this spring. P6 paid $350,000. something
Marc More than 1 year ago
Can someone explain to me, why Dean Greenman shipped Love Tale to Saratoga from Delmar for 1 race, and know she's back at SA? Did he take her there so she could drink the spring water that is gonna make her run like a champ? Did he take her there so she could get running lessons from Brandys Secret who is 7 for 10 with 2 seconds and a third in her last 10. Or maybe they were just enjoying a second honeymoon???? Key race? Y/N ?
ngunn7 More than 1 year ago
Most of these posts make me want to blow my brains out. How do you hit anything with this negative attitude?
John More than 1 year ago
I for one DONT BELIVE IT ! Im no sucker !
[removed] More than 1 year ago
This comment has been deleted
John More than 1 year ago
We arent IDIOTS scam-bag !
Doug Massie More than 1 year ago
you crybabies thats what you want is boxcars, and the pik 6 can be hit at calif tracks, i hit one at delmar 3 summers ago that was 21,000, so stop whining buckle down, you have 3-8 horse fields for gods sake you can do it, im going too!
Ron Solberg More than 1 year ago
nobody has to play it if they dont want to.if it cost to much go to dd. or p-3s for spreads..i seldom play it myself and the biggest bet ive ever made on the p-6 was $64 about 15 years ago.i wont play it thur unless after i handicap i have 3 singles. my friend hit a big c.o. about 10 years ago on a $24 ticketthere were 2 winners and after taxas he got something like $850,000.not sure of the date without looking it up.
rahman Williams More than 1 year ago
Ok your friend won 850k and you don't remember win. Got it.
[removed] More than 1 year ago
This comment has been deleted
Yagbolsco More than 1 year ago
Small pick 6 players ( DEAD MONEY ) has no chance against SYNDICATE.
Walter More than 1 year ago
Are you trying to sound pretentious with your last sentence? If so, congrats. I'm a SoCal player, I've hit the pick 6 five times in my life for high five figure scores, but there are many people who bet bigger tickets than I do. The folks below make some good points and they should be heard, as you should heard also. But saying "real handicappers" don't contribute to P6 pools is ridiculous. With thinking like that, you can go back to your imaginary ivory tower and stay there.
mikey More than 1 year ago
Stop patting yourself on the back.So if you have worked in the industry do you get inside info.These p6 group's are eating up these carryovers.If you have the pair you say you do how about paying out the p6 to only one winner.Show us how big a pair you have.
Ray Sousa More than 1 year ago
Unless youre ready to spend a small fortune these bets are a real crap shoot.especialy at santa anita..even really good handicappers can go years without hitting one..i know many that have never hit one and have been doing this for years..before the haters get to making their hateful comments ill let them know i have hit the pick 6 on two occasions one at saratoga and one at belmont and also a rainbow pick 6 at gulfstream for a nice sum and i never play more than $60 to $80....but in every one of those i was fortunate enough to have singles that won at good odds.as for 5 out of 6 have hundreds of those over the years..but realistically the average bettor has a hard enough time picking one winner let alone 6..so why all the marketing for these they should be encouraging the average fan to bet to win and place. that will keep people in the game much longer than having some poor schmuck throw away $100 on a pick 6 that has no shot and then have him never go back.
John More than 1 year ago
Good advice ! Ray should work publicity for racing, its only common sense ! Ive been playing for 40 years, the number of PICK 6's Ive hit, I could count on my ring fingers. If I play, Ive made all my straight bets, then throw all of my best plays onto a $32 ticket. Its still a impossible bet unless you can toss $2000 into it , and then ??????