- DRF Bets
- Handicapping & PPsHorsemen's ProductsReports
Access past performances
- The Wizard
- DRF Gameplan
- Quick Sheets
- DRF Picks
- Today's Racing Digest
- Key Race Report
- Positive ROI Report
- Moss Pace Figure Reports
- Debut Reports
- WE Handicapping Report
- Clocker Reports
Racing and Wagering InformationTools
- DRF EasyForm PPs
- DRF Classic PDF PPs
- DRF Formulator PPs
- DRF HarnessEye PPs
- DRF Daily Harness Program PPs
- Daily Racing Program PPs
- NewsCategoriesTrack Notes
- StorePast PerformancesHarness PPsPackagesDRF PlusREPORTSPICKS
Prairie Meadows: Cainam reels in Ice Hockey to win Ralph Hayes
ALTOONA, Iowa – Cainam turned backed the clock when using a prolonged closing bid from the back of the pack to reel in the determined pacesetter Ice Hockey and take the $95,200 Ralph Hayes on Iowa Classic night Saturday.
Under jockey Terry Thompson, the 6-year-old Jon Arnett-trained Cainam ($15.80), who had won the 2011 Ralph Hayes, bided his time before circling six of his seven rivals around the far turn and taking aim at Ice Hockey as he reached the eighth pole. Ice Hockey proved a stubborn foe, as Cainam only managed to wear him down by a half-length in the last 40 yards.
Covering the 1 1/16 miles in 1:48.39, Cainam earned $57,120 for his breeder and owner, James R. Leech. The victory marked his sixth Iowa-bred stakes win and his first under the care of Arnett. The Is It True gelding now has lifetime earnings of $510,320.
• Earlier on the Saturday night card, Jokes N Jazz ($22.20) rallied four wide for a 1 1/4-length win over Someplace Else in the $97,000 Donna Reed, a test for Iowa-bred fillies and mares at one mile and 70 yards. Ridden by Ken Tohill for trainer Chris Hartman, Jokes N Jazz was winning for the first time since the 2012 Iowa Breeders' Oaks. She collected $58,200 for her breeder and owner, Robson Thoroughbreds, and stopped the timer in 1:47.24.
• You Funny Man ($10) closed strongly to win the $77,150 Iowa Classic Sprint by 1 1/2 lengths under jockey Floyd Wethey Jr. Conditioned by the meet's leading trainer, Chris Richard, You Funny Man got six furlongs in 1:11.41 and earned $46,290 for his breeder and owner, River Ridge Ranch.
• Wolf Pack Jack ($7.20) successfully stretched his speed around two turns when scoring by a neck over Oh My Gravy in the $94,200 Iowa Breeders' Derby. Nursed along by leading rider David Mello, who was adding to his record 98 wins for the season, the Ray Tracy-trained Wolf Pack Jack covered the 1 1/16 miles in 1:48.34 and earned $56,520 for his breeder and owner Black Oak Farm.
• Sumting Wong ($49.60) stalked and pounced before edging clear for a 2 3/4-length tally in the $88,841 Iowa Breeders' Oaks. Also ridden by Wethey, the Doug Anderson-trained Sumting Wong traveled a mile and 70 yards in 1:46.80 and collected $53,305 for her breeder and owner, Shady Bend Thoroughbreds.
• Boji Moon ($2.40) proved himself a class above his seven juvenile rivals when bounding clear to take the $87,383 Iowa Cradle by 12 1/2 lengths under Thompson. Conditioned by Richard, Boji Moon was not fully extended while getting six furlongs in 1:11.86 and earned $52,430 for owners Brian Hall and William L. Gessmann.
• Haforuhaforme ($2.60) kicked off the string of seven Iowa Classic stakes races when fighting back for a half-length win over Golden Tiago in the $86,950 Iowa Sorority, a six-furlong race for Iowa-bred 2-year-old fillies. Haforuhaforme, representing the high-percentage connection of Mello and Richard, went six furlongs in 1:13.88 and collected $52,170 for her owners, Valley Ridge Racing Stables.
- 1.Posted 12/05/2013 01:44PM
- 2.Posted 12/05/2013 04:54PM
- 3.Posted 12/06/2013 03:20PM
- 4.Posted 12/07/2013 07:42PM
- 5.Posted 12/07/2013 03:42PM