06/04/2010 11:00PM

Monmouth race a no-contest

Email

Monmouth Park's sixth race on Saturday was run as a no-contest after it was discovered that a tote malfunction would fail to lock wagering once the race began, the track said in a release.

Monmouth ran the race after the horses had been on the track for almost a half-hour.

"As always our primary concern is for the jockeys and the horses," said Bob Kulina, vice president and general manager at Monmouth Park. "To that end, we moved ahead and ran the race rather than have them on the track any longer."

The sixth race was the start of the pick five at Monmouth Park. Anyone who wagered on the pick five received all runners in the sixth race.

Run for purse money only, the sixth race was captured by Stormy Mirage.

The tote problem was fixed before the seventh race.